Assetto Corsa Competizione | Hotfix 1.3.6 Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Another new hotfix for Assetto Corsa Competizione has been released.

The new build, version 1.3.6, mostly addresses some issues that have cropped up with the AI in game - specifically an issue with pitstop regularity when racing against computer controlled opponents in weekend game modes.

The new update is available now, and should automatically download the next time you restart your Steam client.

Changelog v1.3.6
  • Fixed AI cars repeatedly pitting in race weekend game modes.
  • Fixed occasional stuttering using the opponent visibility setting against AI cars.
  • Setup UI and functionality bugs and fixes

Previous Update Notes:

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now, exclusive to PC.

Got a question? Open a thread at the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment! Oh, sign up for some awesome online racing too while you are at it, you won't regret it!

ACC Hotfix Update 1.3.6.jpg

Last edited:
same, I fear for AMS2, the outdated graphics from 2017 will hurt the eyes (aliasing), ACC is new generation, the sound, rain, night and immersion have no challenger.

Trying not to go too far of topic...

Honestly, I think the fact that AMS2 is based on the Madness Engine is going to come as a relief to those who lack the $1000 or so graphic card and the $500 processor needed to extract the best out of ACC - yes it is perfectly playable on less expensive and older hardware, but I've found it to be a suboptimal experience, with the graphics taking a hit to maintain frame rate.

I was messing around in PC2 last weekend, and to be truthful I'm sill very impressed by the way it looks, especially in VR, so IMO the engine is far from out of date. That said hopefully Reiza have put the work into where it's needed most - the physics and FFB.

I dunno, the definition of a hotfix is as follows:

"a small piece of code developed to correct a major software bug or fault and released as quickly as possible."

Seems to fit with what Kunos are calling hotfixes.
I know what a hotfix is, what i'm saying is: are those things really burning and need fixing? if yes, why release it in the first place. why not delay the patch until it is properly tested. SIX hotfixes in a row is not a good thing.

And why all the fanboys get triggered and defend the game when they should get angry at the developer for dropping the ball so many times?
This kind of attitude of fanboy-ism is not good for the game, the company, nor the community. The fans should be more critical of the products they buy or else we will end up with a "call of duty" franchise in our hands. (yes, we, i bought the game and i like it, and of course i want more updates and more things fixed, asap, but i also work in software development and this way of doing things is not something to condone or to defend).

If you read the changelogs carefully, you can see that 90% of the content of these hotfixes were things we didn't have time to put into the original 1.3 release and mostly revolved around the niche swap feature, and/or required more time to debug and fix, such as what this 1.3.6 hotfix included. I highly doubt there will be more btw.

then its not a hot fix is it?
semantics...

I know what a hotfix is, what i'm saying is: are those things really burning and need fixing? if yes, why release it in the first place. why not delay the patch until it is properly tested. SIX hotfixes in a row is not a good thing.

And why all the fanboys get triggered and defend the game when they should get angry at the developer for dropping the ball so many times?
This kind of attitude of fanboy-ism is not good for the game, the company, nor the community. The fans should be more critical of the products they buy or else we will end up with a "call of duty" franchise in our hands. (yes, we, i bought the game and i like it, and of course i want more updates and more things fixed, asap, but i also work in software development and this way of doing things is not something to condone or to defend).

I don't consider myself to be a fanboy at all, despite thoroughly enjoying Kunos' creations. However allow me apply a little perspective here.

1. This is a game, not a mission critical piece of software. A bug in this will not cause a firm to go under, or cause loss of life.

2. Games are, by their very nature, complex pieces of software, often developed by very small teams with limited resources. As such often the only time bugs are discovered is when the software is out in the wild.

3. Kunos' response on reported bugs has been phenomenal. Fixes come through lightning fast, and in at least one case a severe bug was reported in the morning of a release and a patch was up on Steam early that very afternoon.

All games come with bugs, but what sets Kunos apart from other devs is their engagement with their customer base, the urgency in which they react to problems, and their obvious desire to produce the best product they can.

Compare that to another developer of racing games, who at this time last year released a "sim" with totally broken FFB. Despite many protestations from the user base the only response received from the devs was "it's under inestigation" and finally, a whole 2 months later, a fix limped out.

As far as I'm concerned Kunos have provided me with what I can only describe as by far the best customer experience I've experienced in the field of sim racing software.

Oh, the visible AI count stutter and AI pitting every lap was burning hotter than the surface of sol, believe me...it can happen, if there are deadlines, for example.

Software development today is not fully comparable to software development back then without digital distribution, unfortunately, you will probably know it better than me, when working in the environment of this field of activity.

Also ACC was in a very wonky state and was catching up by miles after v1.2. To ensure the usability of the programm, there is testing needed, but deadlines, millions of lines of code and proper hard-/software combinations today are always causing hickups.
Why?
This is not a Call of Duty game, this is a pretty complex simulation with an own foundation from a small studio in comparison to other bigger companys, that is using a graphics engine, that was never used for this kind of software before ACC and Kartkraft have seen the light of the day.
Calling out fanboys doesn't do any favour to the whole situation, by the way.
The fans should be more critical
Yes, the sim racing community handles criticism (bad and good) not very well and is shy of delivering it in objectively ways, which would be useful. Often it's moaning or praising without much inbetween and both is harmful.

Honestly, I think the fact that AMS2 is based on the Madness Engine is going to come as a relief to those who lack the $1000 or so graphic card and the $500 processor needed to extract the best out of ACC - yes it is perfectly playable on less expensive and older hardware, but I've found it to be a suboptimal experience, with the graphics taking a hit to maintain frame rate.

That's certainly not true for me. I'm running ACC on a system coming up to 4 years old - stock 6700k, GTX 1080, 16GB RAM in Windows 10 at 1440p with most settings either epic or high (mirrors low). It runs smoothly even with a grid of 20 in single player.

That's certainly not true for me. I'm running ACC on a system coming up to 4 years old - stock 6700k, GTX 1080, 16GB RAM in Windows 10 at 1440p with most settings either epic or high (mirrors low). It runs smoothly even with a grid of 20 in single player.

I'll come clean and say my experience with ACC on a lower specced computer was actually on an iMac (with Windows natively installed, obviously) 2017 model with a 3.8 GHz core i5 7600K with an Radeon Pro 580 (a hobbled RX 580). It was OK, but it did make me to go to an i9 9900K plus RTX 2080 Ti specced dedicated gaming rig.

Trying not to go too far of topic...

I was messing around in PC2 last weekend, and to be truthful I'm sill very impressed by the way it looks, especially in VR, so IMO the engine is far from out of date. That said hopefully Reiza have put the work into where it's needed most - the physics and FFB.
we will see how Project cars 2.5/automobilsta2 will be...but each time I replay pCars 2, my first feeling is "OMG it's awfull", (I'm very sensitive to aliasing) even maxed, not pCars 2 fault, it's simply cause ACC is a pure beauty, it's art.
If only Reiza has waited to use the pCars 3 engine....

when it doesn't crash.. then it fantastic. the only problem it crashes every time. regardless platform AMD or Intel.

For you, maybe. Most of us play successfully without crashes. Go to the official Kunos forum and post your symptoms and game logs and they’ll try to help you resolve your problem. It’s almost certainly something to do with your system rather than a problem with the game.

Crashing with ACC has never been a problem for me either. (knock on head)
I did have a issue when I tried using my gaming PC (i7-7700k, GTX 1080 w/600watt power supply)...the video would black out and I would have to pause the game, but when I put started using my simrig PC again (specs in sig w/700watt power supply) that issue went away.

I did have a issue when I tried using my gaming PC (i7-7700k, GTX 1080 w/600watt power supply)...the video would black out and I would have to pause the game

I don’t think it was anything to to with the game as that system is slightly better than mine and I’ve only had one problem since the start of EA (now resolved). I traced my issue (a couple of crashes during races) to Windows virtual memory being too low. I’d changed it to a manual setting a couple of years ago (can’t remember why) and changing it back to letting Windows control it cured the problem.

we will see how Project cars 2.5/automobilsta2 will be...but each time I replay pCars 2, my first feeling is "OMG it's awfull", (I'm very sensitive to aliasing) even maxed, not pCars 2 fault, it's simply cause ACC is a pure beauty, it's art.
If only Reiza has waited to use the pCars 3 engine....
Have you seen what Reiza Studios were able to do with the original Rfactor base?
AMS was so much better looking than RF and quite a bit more optimized.
I have very little doubt they'll transform that base to match their needs.
People sometimes forget that AMS is based around Rfactor and not Rfactor2.
It was that big of a leap.

Last edited:
when it doesn't crash.. then it fantastic. the only problem it crashes every time. regardless platform AMD or Intel.
I fired up ACC once again after a few months yesterday and i had some BSOD's also wich in other games i didnt have,did you OC youre PC because thats probably the reason why,well thats on my end most of the time the reason.
I think now it is my XMP profile wich is not stable,but if you have OC'ed i would start with raising youre cpu voltage a bit.

unfortunately for me I bought this game on their Black Friday sale and have yet to ever accomplish more than four laps due to it crashing on me. I finally got a chance today to get back to it and see what's going on but every time I try to go to the website I get a "server can't be located" so looks like I still can't race....

Game feels great, just wish it would run better on my PC. Have to run no mirrors and settings down pretty low to get triples on a measly i5 7500.

There is only one area where this game falls down.....NETCODE!!! Fix that bloody netcode. Cars warping, the elastic effect down the straights, it's just poor for such a good game! Nearly impossible to play against overseas players if ping is greater than 250-300ms. None of this is an issue in RF2 and AMS, so it is quite disappointing in ACC. Hope some effort is put into fixing it as the cars feel amazing to drive and I want to drive more.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back