Assetto Corsa Competizione Hotfix 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Hotfix Update.jpg

Two new hotfix updates for Assetto Corsa Competizione have recently deployed to the Steam only racing simulation from Kunos Simulazioni.

The official game of the 2018 (and soon to be 2019) Blancpain GT Series, Assetto Corsa Competizione has been the recipient of two brand new hotfix releases in recent days, the product of developers Kunos Simulazioni looking to react to a range of issues that have become apparent since the title reached V1 release status earlier this year.

Dropping in quick succession, the latest updates to this impressive simulation are mostly focussed on addressing some of the game crash issues within the title, as well as adding a few new improvements to the multiplayer and ratings aspect of ACC amongst other details listed below.

Note: Kunos recommends Temporal Anti Aliasing method for VR users.

V1.0.3 Notes:

General:
  • Audio optimizations to lower the memory footprint.
  • Fixes to overall game stability and added logging.
Gameplay:
  • Fixed a rare bug that failed to turn on the ignition in AI cars.
  • Fixed driver swap missing in Race 2 of career race weekends.
  • Fixed autosave not storing tyre set wear data.
  • Fixed random weather not randomizing ambient temperature.
  • Fixed potential issue, not auto saving replays
Graphics:
  • Fixed disabled driver foot animations in the Mercedes-AMG GT3.
UI / HUD:
  • Revamped controller options menu, allowing keyboard, direct-input, and X-input customization.
  • NOTE: old controller presets will continue to work.
  • Fixed widget position when the car crosses the finish line.
  • Camera movement and look-with-wheel sliders activate/deactivate in relevant camera modes.
  • Fixed a bug on the weather page that allowed rain level without cloud level when after entering the page.
  • Fixed confusing behavior of random track button on the weather UI.
  • Fixed weather summary incorrectly reporting dynamic weather disabled with random weather on.
  • Fixed podium sequence not responding to mapped pause key.
  • Fixed championship AI aggression being incorrectly limited to 80-100%.
  • Default championship settings updated.
  • Resume button added inside the main Championship and Career pages.
  • Revised layout organization of race-end messages.
  • Fixed wind speed not being an absolute value.
VR:
  • Mouse in VR: added wheel and scroll bar support.
  • Fix to the HUD stereo layer clipping with the car geometry.
Rating and Muliplayer:
  • Solved “No CP server in your region” display for users that should actually see them.
  • Server pings are now displayed accurately in the UI.
  • The “too slow for Eau Rouge” fix introduced in 1.0.1 is now more accurate.
  • Fixed an issue where cars can load without setup (=no ABS/TC) applied / HUD invisible.
  • Entry lists can now use “isAdmin” as intended.
  • Entry lists can now use “overrideDriverInfo” as intended.
  • Added ServerAdminHandbook v1 to the server folder.

V1.0.4 Notes:

General
  • Fixed gameplay freezes.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Blue flags in a lot of racing series aren't adhered to as strictly as you may find they are in FIA organised/regulated race series (especially open wheel events like F1 where passing is notoriously difficult). Those pitfalls aren't present in GT racing (cars aren't as dependant upon aero) and as a result I don't think i've ever seen a blue flag penalty in events run by the SRO (Blanpain) or IMSA.

I agree with you on not always adhered to. However competitors under FIA rules can't just ignore blue flags for multiple corners without penalty. As for Blancpain specifically here is a 2018 example of a penalty for ignoring blue flags.:

https://www.blancpainsportsclub.com/images/noticedocuments/Decision 01 Kessel Racing Car 111.pdf

My point was more about this being a game. Sure the AI cars might ignore the blue flags for one or 2 corners but consistently ignoring them tells me this hasn't been properly implemented and is another unfinished area of the game.

Show me another game that required no fixes and was perfect on release date. Because customers were willing to buy early access, they received a large reduction in the purchase of the game.

Now the point you are making is it should be perfect, because it is no longer early access ...are you aware that RF2 R3E are still releasing bug fixes several years later. I think you are expecting way to much and being very unfair towards Kunos

PS... it obviously did not fail.
There is a difference between having a few bugs on release and having a bug-fest. And what I don't get is that the idea of the early access is supposed to give developers more feedback so that they can weed out most issues, but somehow it does not seem to work. And as others said it seems that this is now the norm and I don't think it shines a good light on game developers. I for one am done buying into EA and even final releases in general until they appear to be solid.

All that being said I still have faith in Kunos delivering on this title, last night I tried the career mode and I think it has a great potential, but there are still lots of polishing needed. As others mentioned the difficulty of the career mode is hard to get right, on hard I'm struggling, on normal I'm way too fast. Saving between sessions don't seem to work either, I had the impression that it should be saved automatically, but wasn't the case. I finished all sessions except race 2 on Zolder, it was too late for another race so I quit, then I saw that I cannot go back to do the second race. Before I quit I was looking if I could save the progressions, but couldn't find there, is there something needed to be done?

I have the impression that the SA works in a strange way. I was 99 for a couple of weeks but now it continues to fall. the races are always the same, there are cases that last delivery, arrival in the top positions without contacts and does not increase, but if someone takes me from behind and does not finish anything the SA falls. how do i increase it?

Maybe partially right .... but we have to note that things got worse and worse since Early Access methods began.
There were always fixes needed .... but the way it is nowadays ... shows that most parts of the game give the impression that they were not even tested or rather poorly.

It's not a Kunos case but rather general .... I may understand that's a question of money for the editor, but releasing a V1.0 too early is not a very good idea.
Should the devs ask to postpone a release if many things needs to be fixed or repaired .... why not wait just a month for example.

I may understand the patience of the ones who bought Early Access and paid less .... but let's imagine the reaction of the buyer of the V1.0

Sure that's the meaning of how Martin Fiala reacted... and I kind of agree with him.
better good cheap early access game than full priced **** from ubisoft and electronic arts

As others mentioned the difficulty of the career mode is hard to get right, on hard I'm struggling, on normal I'm way too fast. Saving between sessions don't seem to work either, I had the impression that it should be saved automatically, but wasn't the case. I finished all sessions except race 2 on Zolder, it was too late for another race so I quit, then I saw that I cannot go back to do the second race. Before I quit I was looking if I could save the progressions, but couldn't find there, is there something needed to be done?

Career should now save automatically after the end of each session. I've found it works as long as I click 'next session' allow the next session to load and then click exit. I can't say for certain but it may be that you clicked exit before loading the next session and this lost your progress. There is no save button. Nothing is explained and that is part of the problem as I've tried to explain to them but as we know Kunos do not take even the most polite criticism well.

Difficulty in Career is impossible to judge, it varies by car track and conditions and desperately needs an in career event slider.

better good cheap early access game than full priced **** from ubisoft and electronic arts
I used to religiously and regularly buy the shovelware released annually by these companies.

I no longer do, although i may get madden this year, seems to have improved alot and last i got was 2015. I generally play the ncaa games more as theyre infinitely better.

The career mode is definitely lacking some polish, which is a shame. It assumes a lot of knowledge on the Blancpain GT3 series, once I got through the first sprint season I started the endurance racing. There was no explanation of the format (3xQ + race) or driver swaps/stints etc. So you are dropped in a 10min practice session, then 3x20min qualifying session and then a 30min race.

That was where I stopped the career, and stated just setting up single custom race weekends, which work just fine. The driving and presentation is awesome - so hopefully they can circle back and finish off the single player modes.

I don't think that's a fair comparison. AC engine was theirs and I think the engine was made with plans to include day/night and rain. But I'm just speculating. And while I don't know much at all about coding, I don't imagine adding per screen rendering to be the very difficult if you know what you're doing. Which I'm sure Epic does! I think the biggest obstacle is to get Epic to do it though.

Me too :)
The only difference was that they wrote their own engine vs buying one off the shelf. They then correctly asserted that it didn't do day/night or weather. But the truth is, all they needed to do was write those features into their engine. Honestly anything is possible, it's just a matter of time and resources to add a feature. That's all I'm trying to point out.

meh, started 27th at nurburgring and finish 4th. without contact, no one SA point raised :cry:

It does feel like this at the moment. I had a 30min race at silverstone on MP with lots of close racing no contact but no increase in SA (it went green most laps). Next race I was at Monza and got torpedoed on the first chicane by someone trying to go from 20 to 1 on the first corner and I lost an SA point. The balance feels off.

The only difference was that they wrote their own engine vs buying one off the shelf. They then correctly asserted that it didn't do day/night or weather. But the truth is, all they needed to do was write those features into their engine. Honestly anything is possible, it's just a matter of time and resources to add a feature. That's all I'm trying to point out.
They didn't buy UE4, they licensed it and can't modify it themselves per the licensing agreement afaik. At least that's what I seem to remember Marco writing on their FB. Not in those exact words but that they can't go and code in the separate screen projection. And that was also confirmed earlier when @Dirk Steffen said Epic is actually working on it.

And I know it's all "just" a matter of resources. I never said it's impossible. I just thought it's highly unlikely that Epic would do it. But looks like I was completely wrong :)

I had another match-making experience, and once again a quite nice surprise, no wreckers and very intense racing at times. A few contacts too, but very respectful racers giving the place back (someone named A. Vicari, if anybody happens to know him transmit my appreciation, didn't figure out how to chat in VR).

I just had another quick race round SPA with latest hotfix to see how it was going. Does anyone else have the sensation that the cars are "flying" rather than being on the road? To me there is something not quite right about this Sim. Oh well back to the original AC for me.

There is a difference between having a few bugs on release and having a bug-fest. And what I don't get is that the idea of the early access is supposed to give developers more feedback so that they can weed out most issues, but somehow it does not seem to work. And as others said it seems that this is now the norm and I don't think it shines a good light on game developers. I for one am done buying into EA and even final releases in general until they appear to be solid.

All that being said I still have faith in Kunos delivering on this title, last night I tried the career mode and I think it has a great potential, but there are still lots of polishing needed. As others mentioned the difficulty of the career mode is hard to get right, on hard I'm struggling, on normal I'm way too fast. Saving between sessions don't seem to work either, I had the impression that it should be saved automatically, but wasn't the case. I finished all sessions except race 2 on Zolder, it was too late for another race so I quit, then I saw that I cannot go back to do the second race. Before I quit I was looking if I could save the progressions, but couldn't find there, is there something needed to be done?

For the saving to work properly, the best I fond is to go to the next session, then and only then quit. After that, you can resume the game properly .

Reactions: mms
meh, started 27th at nurburgring and finish 4th. without contact, no one SA point raised :cry:
I believe that the SA is averaged over a fairly long period (60 sessions?), so whilst this race didn't change your average much, presumably because there were worse races in your recent past, once those 'expire' you'll probably find the SA increases a bit. That way, one bad race with lots of accidents doesn't reduce your SA, but equally one good race doesn't make much difference either.

Will nordschleife come to acc?
"The game is an officially licensed simulation of the 2018 and 2019 Blancpain GT Series season Sprint and Endurance Cups and the Total 24 Hours of Spa."

ANYTHING beyond this point is not officially commented on but is subject to potential future efforts of the modding community and perhaps or perhaps not subject to any potential future DLC (which has not been commented on).

It is best to treat ACC for what it says on the tin.

Currently it includes the full content in tracks, cars and teams of the 2018 Blancpain season.

I just had another quick race round SPA with latest hotfix to see how it was going. Does anyone else have the sensation that the cars are "flying" rather than being on the road? To me there is something not quite right about this Sim. Oh well back to the original AC for me.

Yeah....in VR it is even worse....its because they used a fake shadow under the car and it dont cover the whole car area.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back