Assetto Corsa Competizione Hotfix 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Hotfix Update.jpg

Two new hotfix updates for Assetto Corsa Competizione have recently deployed to the Steam only racing simulation from Kunos Simulazioni.

The official game of the 2018 (and soon to be 2019) Blancpain GT Series, Assetto Corsa Competizione has been the recipient of two brand new hotfix releases in recent days, the product of developers Kunos Simulazioni looking to react to a range of issues that have become apparent since the title reached V1 release status earlier this year.

Dropping in quick succession, the latest updates to this impressive simulation are mostly focussed on addressing some of the game crash issues within the title, as well as adding a few new improvements to the multiplayer and ratings aspect of ACC amongst other details listed below.

Note: Kunos recommends Temporal Anti Aliasing method for VR users.

V1.0.3 Notes:

General:
  • Audio optimizations to lower the memory footprint.
  • Fixes to overall game stability and added logging.
Gameplay:
  • Fixed a rare bug that failed to turn on the ignition in AI cars.
  • Fixed driver swap missing in Race 2 of career race weekends.
  • Fixed autosave not storing tyre set wear data.
  • Fixed random weather not randomizing ambient temperature.
  • Fixed potential issue, not auto saving replays
Graphics:
  • Fixed disabled driver foot animations in the Mercedes-AMG GT3.
UI / HUD:
  • Revamped controller options menu, allowing keyboard, direct-input, and X-input customization.
  • NOTE: old controller presets will continue to work.
  • Fixed widget position when the car crosses the finish line.
  • Camera movement and look-with-wheel sliders activate/deactivate in relevant camera modes.
  • Fixed a bug on the weather page that allowed rain level without cloud level when after entering the page.
  • Fixed confusing behavior of random track button on the weather UI.
  • Fixed weather summary incorrectly reporting dynamic weather disabled with random weather on.
  • Fixed podium sequence not responding to mapped pause key.
  • Fixed championship AI aggression being incorrectly limited to 80-100%.
  • Default championship settings updated.
  • Resume button added inside the main Championship and Career pages.
  • Revised layout organization of race-end messages.
  • Fixed wind speed not being an absolute value.
VR:
  • Mouse in VR: added wheel and scroll bar support.
  • Fix to the HUD stereo layer clipping with the car geometry.
Rating and Muliplayer:
  • Solved “No CP server in your region” display for users that should actually see them.
  • Server pings are now displayed accurately in the UI.
  • The “too slow for Eau Rouge” fix introduced in 1.0.1 is now more accurate.
  • Fixed an issue where cars can load without setup (=no ABS/TC) applied / HUD invisible.
  • Entry lists can now use “isAdmin” as intended.
  • Entry lists can now use “overrideDriverInfo” as intended.
  • Added ServerAdminHandbook v1 to the server folder.

V1.0.4 Notes:

General
  • Fixed gameplay freezes.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

This is why I was happy to purchase early access...I have every faith in Kunos to do whatever is possible, to fix bugs or just to improve, there care very much...Triple screen and VR, I am sure they will do there very best.
Yeah. I really don't like how the game was released - buggy, rushed game releases are way too common nowadays - but I'm sure that they would have continued with Early Access if it had been viable taking financials, series licencing, publisher, etc. into account. But it is what it is, they released the best product the small dev team could and now they'll continue to update it, which is not something that can be taken for granted (and hopefully they'll work on more content after the 2019 season update).

Tero Dahlberg

TeroD.xyz
This is why I was happy to purchase early access...I have every faith in Kunos to do whatever is possible, to fix bugs or just to improve, there care very much...Triple screen and VR, I am sure they will do there very best.
I don't think kunos can do anything else about proper triples support. UE4 simply doesn't support separate/per screen rendering. I think Epic has to (want to) code it in.

The Panini projection is usable in terms of fixing the distortion. But the downside is the insanely low res blurry middle monitor that is simply something I am not willing to tolerate.

I don't think kunos can do anything else about proper triples support. UE4 simply doesn't support separate/per screen rendering. I think Epic has to (want to) code it in.

The Panini projection is usable in terms of fixing the distortion. But the downside is the insanely low res blurry middle monitor that is simply something I am not willing to tolerate.
You mean it's kind of like how in the original AC the engine didn't support day/night transitions and rain? The fact is, they can go down a level and do anything they like. It may not be plug and play like most things with a graphics engine, but that doesn't mean it's not doable with a little effort.

Indeed you are correct, I guess everything is a trade off, but I really hope UE4 will support kunos and will do what needs doing.

i am having an issue with the gamepad , i tried to swithch buttons to change gears up and down and now i can't change gears anymore , looks like the buttons i use X and A are not working . does anyone have the same problem ????

Tero Dahlberg

TeroD.xyz
You mean it's kind of like how in the original AC the engine didn't support day/night transitions and rain? The fact is, they can go down a level and do anything they like. It may not be plug and play like most things with a graphics engine, but that doesn't mean it's not doable with a little effort.
I don't think that's a fair comparison. AC engine was theirs and I think the engine was made with plans to include day/night and rain. But I'm just speculating. And while I don't know much at all about coding, I don't imagine adding per screen rendering to be the very difficult if you know what you're doing. Which I'm sure Epic does! I think the biggest obstacle is to get Epic to do it though.
Indeed you are correct, I guess everything is a trade off, but I really hope UE4 will support kunos and will do what needs doing.
Me too :)

Dirk Steffen

Porsche Factory Jackass™

Actually efforts are made and planned for proper multi projection triple screen support.
First experimental builds of the UE4 engine by Epic with multi projection are in the works.
Once those builds are stable they will be handed to devs and from there the necessary effort to migrate to newer UE4 builds is estimated and migration planned and executed if feasible.

We have seen already several UE4 build migration during ACC EA (the most (in)famous one being the multi player module rewrite), the most recent one just prior ACC v1.0).

It is not out of the question that we will see proper multi monitor support, it is just not known when that will be. Personally I would not bet on inclusion within the year (Kunos is VERY busy fixing bugs and also trying to be in time with their contractual release to deadline of 2019 content and then … susceptible inclusion of all currently missing features piece by piece).

There is a lot of work to be done by a small dev team on a very tight project schedule.

So hotlap time saving still not working? I'm talking about this:
View attachment 310666
Not yet. When its done.

Tero Dahlberg

TeroD.xyz
Actually efforts are made and planned for proper multi projection triple screen support.
First experimental builds of the UE4 engine by Epic with multi projection are in the works.
Once those builds are stable they will be handed to devs and from there the necessary effort to migrate to newer UE4 builds is estimated and migration planned and executed if feasible.

We have seen already several UE4 build migration during ACC EA (the most (in)famous one being the multi player module rewrite), the most recent one just prior ACC v1.0).

It is not out of the question that we will see proper multi monitor support, it is just not known when that will be. Personally I would not bet on inclusion within the year (Kunos is VERY busy fixing bugs and also trying to be in time with their contractual release to deadline of 2019 content and then … susceptible inclusion of all currently missing features piece by piece).

There is a lot of work to be done by a small dev team on a very tight project schedule.
Oh, thanks for the info! It's not that I like to be pessimistic, but 20 years with this hobby I've tried to be realistic instead of overly optimistic, which is more of my natural tendency :D

And yeah, they are busy and from what I've heard publisher breathing down their necks! But that's also common in the business I'm afraid.

I briefly tried it last night, and now it's enjoyable for me in VR. The only thing that still strains my eyes are shadows on the tracks like Monza, I cannot explain why though. Strangely enough lowering the shadow quality from epic to high makes it better (it also gives smoother shadows which I prefer to razor sharp shadows, especially of those cast by tree leafs).

I also tried the online match-making, and I was pleasantly surprised, had a pretty decent race, no wreckers (though there was a crash during the formation lap). Though I had only one race, if match-making races will be similar in future I'll be happy with this feature as is.

1.0.3 Update Notes said:
V1.0.3 Notes:
  • Fixes to overall game stability and added logging.
Fixes to overall game stability.
This should be it.
If you're still experiencing random crashes then you should ask in their forums or support. As mentioned previously, you seem to be having more problems than others so could be something conflicting on your system...

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 85 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • €3001-5000