Assetto Corsa Competizione Hotfix 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Hotfix Update.jpg

Two new hotfix updates for Assetto Corsa Competizione have recently deployed to the Steam only racing simulation from Kunos Simulazioni.

The official game of the 2018 (and soon to be 2019) Blancpain GT Series, Assetto Corsa Competizione has been the recipient of two brand new hotfix releases in recent days, the product of developers Kunos Simulazioni looking to react to a range of issues that have become apparent since the title reached V1 release status earlier this year.

Dropping in quick succession, the latest updates to this impressive simulation are mostly focussed on addressing some of the game crash issues within the title, as well as adding a few new improvements to the multiplayer and ratings aspect of ACC amongst other details listed below.

Note: Kunos recommends Temporal Anti Aliasing method for VR users.

V1.0.3 Notes:

General:
  • Audio optimizations to lower the memory footprint.
  • Fixes to overall game stability and added logging.
Gameplay:
  • Fixed a rare bug that failed to turn on the ignition in AI cars.
  • Fixed driver swap missing in Race 2 of career race weekends.
  • Fixed autosave not storing tyre set wear data.
  • Fixed random weather not randomizing ambient temperature.
  • Fixed potential issue, not auto saving replays
Graphics:
  • Fixed disabled driver foot animations in the Mercedes-AMG GT3.
UI / HUD:
  • Revamped controller options menu, allowing keyboard, direct-input, and X-input customization.
  • NOTE: old controller presets will continue to work.
  • Fixed widget position when the car crosses the finish line.
  • Camera movement and look-with-wheel sliders activate/deactivate in relevant camera modes.
  • Fixed a bug on the weather page that allowed rain level without cloud level when after entering the page.
  • Fixed confusing behavior of random track button on the weather UI.
  • Fixed weather summary incorrectly reporting dynamic weather disabled with random weather on.
  • Fixed podium sequence not responding to mapped pause key.
  • Fixed championship AI aggression being incorrectly limited to 80-100%.
  • Default championship settings updated.
  • Resume button added inside the main Championship and Career pages.
  • Revised layout organization of race-end messages.
  • Fixed wind speed not being an absolute value.
VR:
  • Mouse in VR: added wheel and scroll bar support.
  • Fix to the HUD stereo layer clipping with the car geometry.
Rating and Muliplayer:
  • Solved “No CP server in your region” display for users that should actually see them.
  • Server pings are now displayed accurately in the UI.
  • The “too slow for Eau Rouge” fix introduced in 1.0.1 is now more accurate.
  • Fixed an issue where cars can load without setup (=no ABS/TC) applied / HUD invisible.
  • Entry lists can now use “isAdmin” as intended.
  • Entry lists can now use “overrideDriverInfo” as intended.
  • Added ServerAdminHandbook v1 to the server folder.

V1.0.4 Notes:

General
  • Fixed gameplay freezes.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I don't wanna sound like a broken record about mods. I know it's near impossible with the way devs described the situation. But if they can even hear this... Please allow for car painting! Please!

There are a few other elements of career that need a lot more work:

Driver stints and swaps do not scale with time:

First season 20 minute sprint races - 10-minute stints, 1 drive swap

2nd Season 30-minute race - 10-minute stints, 3 driver swaps, seems reasonable enough.

1 Hour endurance race - 10-minute driver stints, 6 driver swaps which with extra time for pit stops and entry/exit means the last stint is actually 2 minutes or so to the end of the race. No scaling of time of the race to the number of stint swaps. This makes the race a disjointed endless series of short sprints and the AI make some poor decisions as a result. I'd have thought either scaling time to 3 stops or some new combination like 4 stops would have seemed more reasonable.

3 hour "24hrs of Spa" race - same 10-minute driver swaps! This means 6 stops per hour and the race is incoherent. The AI also appears to cheat and drive well beyond the stint lengths - if this is allowed or when it is penalised is not explained in any way in the game. Cars that had been running well down the order were suddenly back in front of me on the timing screens. It was impossible to tell if this was due to missing stint stops or some form of timing error. As the previous 1 hour of Paul Ricard failed to award me the win despite being over a lap ahead I suspect there are multiple race timing and or race position issues in the career mode.

Whether these enforced driver changes make much sense in a single player mode is a discussion for another time. Seems to me these should really be automated AI laps.

Pitstops. AI cars ghost both in the pitlane entry and exit (white line marked area on pit exit and entry) both before the 50km signs and also once the cars are on the limiter in the pit. The player car can ghost through and overtake both on pit entry and exit - especially as the player car is faster on the limiter in the 50km area.

Tyre wear. If the career mode is saved (exit fro session) and restarted tyre wear is not carried over, despite the patch notes saying this has been fixed. For example, if tyre sets 1, 2 & 3 are used in first practice and 1st qualifying and the player then loads up 2nd qualifying and then exits the game (the only way to save progress). On returning to the game tyre sets 1 & 2 are new once again with only tyre set 3 showing any wear.

No in race saving. No in race save option which I'm sure will be problematic for many people given the length of the endurance races. Having the option to save in single player races for a game like this seems essential to me.

I know the Kunos devs dislike a certain word to describe their work. I'll stop short of that for now and just say this is unfinished and required someone to go back over the career with an eye for attention to detail. When Kunos launched the console versions of AC they used the difficulty of porting to these systems as the excuse for the many missing or broken game elements. I'm really not sure what the excuse is this time.

I'd be amazed if any of this career mode was tested before launch. Once again paying customers are being used as beta testers. The career mode is effectively still in early access. Another missed opportunity when we were promised an authentic Blancpain career mode away from the all too frequent madness of multiplayer.

Fairest and most accurate in-depth review of ACC, as it stands today, I've seen yet. The reviewer is one of the rare ones who actually play sims/racing games and he loved AC so if anything I'd have expected him to have overlooked more issues.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-06-17-assetto-corsa-competizione-review

ACC and F1 2018 are at opposite ends of the racing spectrum and the comparison stands because both are trying to deliver a licenced race series experience.

F1 has pretty much outdated and just about passable FFB/driving experience (frankly it's better on a gamepad) wrapped in the best career mode and race weekend experience yet seen in a racing game. F1 also simulates the real series rules superbly.

ACC has one of and possibly the best steering feel and car feedback models yet, wrapped in an outdated and error-strewn career mode. Rules and flags are poorly implemented (do yellow flags appear/impact the game at all?) and in the case of blue flags that are waved but the Ai totally ignore them.

Now imagine if these 2 games had a baby. ACC with a full career mode, using those driver ratings in the F1 2018 style practice sessions to get better at each track with engineer feedback. Driver performance in sessions has some meaningful impact on car setup and development. Flags and rules worked. Career mode had a realistic points system. It would be an incredible experience.

As it stands though I'd rather 'drive' laps in ACC on a wheel but I'd rather play F1 for the gameplay. ACC remains as AC always was - for those willing to make their own fun from the sandbox.

wow the multiplayer is a bump fest its suck... this game was looking so good..
under 70 SA, if your lucky enough, you can make it to the end

ACC is currently in. very, very tight corner.
Its evolutionary updates in suspension, tire and aero physics and the amazingly detailed car models and super accurate tracks and complex weather make it super tasty and one would really want to race it all the time but its initial rather incomplete release into v1.0 with many features that people would expect from the next gen online racing competition title put it into a situation where way too few people race regular online.

This relatively low public server attendance leads to just a few hundred people being displaced over too many very low rated servers with apparently no motivation of filling properly rated servers.

I feel by now serious racers should easily have a SA rating (and most other ratings bar CP, RC as of current bugs and restrictions) of above 85 without problems but seeing rated servers above say 80 is really, really rare.

Racing ACC currently really is an exercise in either only racing organized races (here at RD or in similarly organized events you can find on discord or in a proper league) as people will be more serious and behave to certain ethics.
The lack of proper communications (tiny chat window ONLY visible when being on the track - exactly when you have NO time to read or even type), the COMPLETE lack of any stats, records, leaderboards to check back on your achievements or even just studying timing charts, etc leaving races you worked hard for simply disappear into nothing.

I feel it really needs 6-12 more months of bug fixing and then working to include important currently missing features for a title named “Competizione” to make it palatable to attract the needed numbers of online racers so public server racing will become interesting.

I am sure we have to wait for this to happen until AFTER all content is released and bugs are fixed as Kunos must be extremely busy to fulfill their deadline for content to full release of 2019 content and then some (still plenty of issues for a large user base).

Wayne and Waynetta Slob didn't know it but they were talking about ACC online.
That immortal quote, 'There are two types of people, there's us and there's w@nkers', perfectly sums up ACC online public servers below SA70.

Basically try this, I was told when I first started driving, "treat everyone else on the road like an idiot", using this mentality you will treat all drivers with the same, 'respect', and not go closer than 100m of any of them, think 2-4 cars in front and watch your rear for anyone out braking themselves.

Its very much like karting. You mess up your qualifying and find yourself in with the n00bs, you have to have a 360 degree proximity scanner ready to pick up the plebs dive bombing and overcooking it into corners.
Once you have mastered this jedi-like skill, you will enjoy public ACC racing servers... :sneaky:;)

Honestly i do karting and can follow or been followed and these rarely a crash

The race i did, 3 times some guys bump me out whit over 50km/h difference....
I mean learn to drive. Racing is putting a car to the limit and competition.
Not imagine how someone will hit you from the back ...
On side or while trying to overtake its part of the game but not from the back like a Kamikaze!

It seems ACC has killed a lot of my interest in racing games.
I definitely give it 2 thumbs down. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
In EA, the performance was terrible.:thumbsdown:
And as of the Release version, well I try to run it and it just generates crashes in the underlying Unreal Engine. :thumbsdown:
That's ok, we could fix that, but you have to create a stupid login at the ACC web site just to see the solution to these problems. Nobody else makes you go through that trouble.
:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::mad:
On top of that, the last time I tried to create a login, it required you to give your Steam login in order to create an account on the ACC site. Nobody else does that, either. And it's bogus. Big FAIL ACC. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::mad:

Just give me my money back, because you gave me a piece of crap that won't run and you won't support normal customer service communications to resolve it.
Even if they did, last time (about v0.7?) I played it the performance even in single player with 20 cars on the track sucked. Every other racing game is better.

Wow, they won't even let you READ the ACC Troubleshooting forum. :( :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Big FAIL ACC

It seems ACC has killed a lot of my interest in racing games.
I definitely give it 2 thumbs down. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
In EA, the performance was terrible.:thumbsdown:
And as of the Release version, well I try to run it and it just generates crashes in the underlying Unreal Engine. :thumbsdown:
That's ok, we could fix that, but you have to create a stupid login at the ACC web site just to see the solution to these problems. Nobody else makes you go through that trouble.
:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::mad:
On top of that, the last time I tried to create a login, it required you to give your Steam login in order to create an account on the ACC site. Nobody else does that, either. And it's bogus. Big FAIL ACC. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::mad:

Just give me my money back, because you gave me a piece of crap that won't run and you won't support normal customer service communications to resolve it.
Even if they did, last time (about v0.7?) I played it the performance even in single player with 20 cars on the track sucked. Every other racing game is better.

Wow, they won't even let you READ the ACC Troubleshooting forum. :( :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Big FAIL ACC
How can one title kill your interest in all racing games?
Doesn't make sense...
If you like racing games you will just go back to what you were playing before surely?
ACC is performing well for some and not so well for others.
It can be a combination of factors such as system specs, software installed and maintained, drivers etc.
You haven't mentioned your specs or what settings you are trying to run. Also what have you done to try and remedy the issues you are having?
You whinge about how to get access to a forum, really?
It's the way things are done these days and hundreds, if not thousands of people globally appear to have been able to achieve this.
Maybe you need to just take a breath, look at the issues and do some reading. Or you can just get your access to the forums and provide details of the issues you are having to the developers like everyone else does, and maybe even include some files detailing what your system is doing when it crashes out?
I don't know, but I'm running it fine with no crashes and I've heard others are able to as well.
Yes, it hasn't been the smoothest of launches, but sometimes we just need to work with what we have if we think it's worth it.

Nah, the answer to all the FAILS of ACC, is RaceRoom. RaceRoom is not perfect, but it is very playable.
So when ACC crashes and I can't "google" the answer, well, just start RaceRoom.

And I don't have to give them my Steam ID, either. You might not care about your own personal info but one day that just might be regrettable.
And my hardware, btw, matches up fairly evenly to the ACC Recommended Hardware.

Nah, the answer to all the FAILS of ACC, is RaceRoom. RaceRoom is not perfect, but it is very playable.
So when ACC crashes and I can't "google" the answer, well, just start RaceRoom.

And I don't have to give them my Steam ID, either. You might not care about your own personal info but one day that just might be regrettable.
And my hardware, btw, matches up fairly evenly to the ACC Recommended Hardware.
Well that's nice then. Enjoy

Will nordschleife come to acc?

I hope so. It is not a series track but GT3 cars race there in other series so it is not far fetched. It would be a great DLC.

However, Kunos have mentioned the possibility of the US or Asian series as dlc so perhaps the ring will not be in their plans. Although it would certainly sell well.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.