Assetto Corsa Competizione: Hotfix 0.7.1 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Hotfix Released.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have released another small update for Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Bringing the latest build version to 0.7.1 status, the hotfix deployed today addresses some minor issues that have arisen as part of the major 0.7 build release of yesterday, plus a few further little enhancements to the simulation.

SRO E-Sport GT Series - Silver Qualification Event Open - Details HERE.

Highlights from the hotfix, available the next time players restart their Steam client, include fixes the new MFD feature, weather adjustments and other minor but important changes as detailed below.

V0.7.1 Update Notes:
  • Fixed a bug in some tracks where pitwall proximity would invalidate the lap.
  • Removed penalty audio message at the end of the race.
  • Fixed incorrect #26 Special Event description.
  • Fix for MFD losing focus after a pitstop.
  • Fix for potential setup initialization issues when changing game modes.
  • Fix for Real-Time display showing lapped entries in non-race sessions.
  • Missed changelog entry from initial release: default keyboard mappings have been changed to free up the arrow keys for MFD navigation.
  • Custom mapping for various controllers will be implemented at a later time. Thank you for your patience.
  • Fixed auxiliary light mesh not fitting the Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3.
  • Fix for lack of expected rain probability with high variability percentages when setting high cloud density and dry track surface.
  • Repair time added to teleport during race.
  • Fixed wrong damage message after teleporting to pit.
  • Enabled 10 laps telemetry saving by default on Huracan GT3 monza preset setups.
  • NOTE regarding old setups: setups created in older builds will have extreme brake duct settings and may cause braking issues and overheating. Please adjust accordingly.
  • https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/brake-ducts-and-tyre-damage.55903/
  • NOTE regarding control presets: old control presets created in previous versions may cause issues. It is recommended to delete your old controls.json in Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config/ and start from scratch.

For more Assetto Corsa Competizione news and discussion, head over to the ACC Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment. If you enjoy online racing yourself, you might enjoy our ACC League and Club Racing forum, a place to take in clean, fair and competitive online racing in this sim.

SRO E-Sport GT Series – Check out the latest news HERE.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
plus, the eSport tournament supported by RD gets a nice mention in the official Monza press release: "There will be added interest off-track as the SRO E-Sport Series stages the first of four qualifying events, all of which will run alongside Blancpain GT Series rounds. The new venture will see sim racers do battle using Assetto Corsa Competizione, with the top performers progressing to a grand finale where they will compete for a racing experience with Lamborghini Squadra Corse. "

Watch less of Gamer Muscle :D AC FFB is definitely not the best, it may be most helpful, but it is not very realistic.

ACC was miles ahead right from first release. And everyone wants to go back to AC, because it is easier.
Thanks for your response.

I read a comment from that Kunos guy that the FFB in ACC is the same as AC but with all the fake stuff turned off. Well I tried that, turned off all the understeer effects, slip effects etc and it feels nothing like ACC. Even with all that stuff turned off the FFB is still loads better in AC.

It seems that the framerate in Oculus VR is now locked to 45fps, running the Steam in-game FPS counter and no frame limit in the options I see a rock solid 45FPS. This is fine with me as I think 45FPS with ASW is more than good enough.

Had triples, then got a Rift, then the novelty and low res made me stop using it even though im still amazed every time i put it on. So i just got a 1440p 27'' screen. Guess what, its fine and i can live with it.

I ll get Rift S and check whether the kinda res bump will satisfy me and then use both, cause vr is amazing, if only the res was a biny bit better.

Had triples, then got a Rift, then the novelty and low res made me stop using it even though im still amazed every time i put it on. So i just got a 1440p 27'' screen. Guess what, its fine and i can live with it.

I ll get Rift S and check whether the kinda res bump will satisfy me and then use both, cause vr is amazing, if only the res was a biny bit better.

The same for me, feeling like in car was crazy awesome, but it needs to be developed for some peoples like me to better level ;) i use 3x27"/1080p per each, it makes my life enjoyable, after 2 years i'll be back for VR for sure ;) it is super technology but for me, not now ;)

Kunos ACC developers, please do not hurry, please! We, clients, better wait for good content rather than buggy. Yesterday i putted ACC Zolder with BMW GT3 -Zolder , after this straightly to RF2 Zolder on BMW GT3, hmzzzz, RF2 is really good, but what are you putting i think it will be better, in any case iRacing milking machine time is over i think, i respect both producers, sometimes road feeling on RF2 is top notch, but ACC all feelling that you are GT3 driver is top notch, and this weather, night day transition changing is remarkable! Guys, i already would buy this game now! oh i already bought ir EA :D old AC is no where even close what you has now. i just think some guys get used to AC. My expierence, AC was first best sim 5 years ago, i tried to like iR, but i'm not skying man so it is not for me, so AMS, RF2 (if you just manage online simple racing - who knows what would be - i think growing money in your buisines would fly like the rocket!!!) ACC - please take it easy, RF2 i think is your most serious competitor, but it alla depends how and when will be managed. i Liked as well R3E but now, it is forgotten! so, for me TOP 5: 1)ACC (even 0.7.1 ;) ; 2)RF2 (great physics, but ACC has something more... for me ;) ; 3)R3E (you can race, especially DTM series; = 4 AC (if you are the beginner, it should be first game who want to go into sims, but after sometime you love it or like me just forgot that it is , 7 months ago it was my almost favorite, but not the main game i played !) - 5? - AMS is between 1st place - 2nd place and 3third, what i miss here, GT3 cars :D of course i like most GT3 cars so my opinion is just my, for GT3 cars i suppose.
I wish to all have a good race, but ACC made me leran how to drive while other sims not, i do not know how the done this, but i'm not super druper driver just sometimes hit 1st place usually 3rd-4th, but this game is Masterpiece! not like somebedy called Dirt 2.0 masterpiece - UPS :D

Last edited:
Sounds like some of you need to try Nvidia 3d vision 2, especially if you like your graphics to not look low res, and still maintain some feel of depth.

I've had triple 27's, OR CV1, Lenovo explorer currently, but back to using my 3d vision for clarity.
Ok what is 3 D vision? Normally i have 3x27-but settings are high, even mu 4790k overclocked to 4.6 sometime not fluent, my fluent rhing just fluent!

3d vision needs a special glasses from nvidia to recreate 3d graphics. Pretty spectacular when it works (you need at least stable 120 fps)
You need a compatible monitor .
I have 3d vision 2 glasses delivered with my dell laptop which i can not use because my gaming pc monitor is not compatible.

why not? what does it make it "not realistic"?

Oh no, no I wish I have chosen words better :D

Sorry I meant, not very realistic in comparison to ACC. In my opinion.

I think so, because no car in AC has caster adjustment. I don't remember if there was pneumatic trail in physics parameters, so don't know how it was worked out. Gyroscopic effect was later introduced, but it wasn't used by default, so that is nor worse nor better, because it was optional (for me it made FFB better, though not easier). Essentially all cars feels very good in similar way, I don't remember any that would have been unexpected and surprising in terms of FFB with very much different qualities, like for example steering going light while understeering (without enhanced understeer effect), my favorite is perhaps Ferrari F40, feels very true to me for some reason. Ac steering feels rather very direct usually, with very quick forces build up. Oversteer feels like it creates a response through steering bit too early, I remember sometimes expecting to get some sensation of rear end "swimming around" at the edge of grip, and could already feel quite noticeable FFB outputs. And last but not least no one ever truly complained about how steering felt in some cars, at least I don't remember any big action on that matter, and I think it is unrealistic that no car FFB was disliked :D

A lot of these things are good qualities. But I think ACC was much better at all of these. Even if it didn't made for easier driving. And significant part of complaints were result of growing into AC too much. I remember there were a lot of dislikes because certain things, which might have been/or still is a big improvement in ACC. Overdamped FFB - gyroscopic forces ? Delayed FFB - more realistic forces build up ? Can't feel the rear end - more accurate steering torque from rear end stepping out not being helpful as much ? Recently "I can't feel front end" thing - more realistic caster, mechanical trail and pneumatic trail simulation ? I use T300, and all these things felt like improvements to me.

I remember Team Grasser having hard time being clean with their car simulated in Nurburgring, except Engelhart being quite good right from the start. So that suggested that something indeed might be over the top (in first release). But on the other hand it also could have been lack of getting used to, and different speed perception... Nicki Thimm also complained about "dancing the car", but then ironically he plays iRacing. So it is all getting used to. I didn't like ACC at very first, and that was very common. I remember beginning to seriously like it after few hours of getting used to, and after the first hotfix. These days there are some influencers, who would stream their first impressions, no wonder they don't deliver anything valuable driving while reading chat and responding to it must take quite a bit of concentration away.

Oh no, no I wish I have chosen words better :D
Sorry I meant, not very realistic in comparison to ACC. In my opinion.

it's 99,9999% the same code.
You're seeing things or, like most people, you don't understand the difference between FF and car physics.

I agree that car physics in ACC is a (marginal) step forward from AC.. FF is basically exactly the same and it's just doing its job in replicating what the physics is doing... the only obviously "non realistic" effect in AC is the understeer thing... which hopefully nobody uses.

Thank you.

Now reading back, thats probably true. I said that AC FFB is not the best, and that ACC is much better. While FFB can be very same, but underlying physics that affects FFB eventually has to be better. If it is 99percent the same as well. Then it has to be utilization of physics code that is better - car physics parameters and so...

I really did mean physics as an origin of FFB, and I believe that what is related to FFB exclusively might be very same between AC and ACC. But it is indeed hard to separate physics from purely force feedback sometimes. I lack of understanding how exactly forces chain work regarding the oversteer, I suppose it is one of the things that "just happens" when every bit of physics work together. And I don't take compensating for "seat feel" in the consideration.

Ok what is 3 D vision? Normally i have 3x27-but settings are high, even mu 4790k overclocked to 4.6 sometime not fluent, my fluent rhing just fluent!

T
3d vision is 3d that doesn't make your eyes bleed like VR. Granted the emersion of VR is fantastic but the graphics are a step backward IMO. Admittedly I haven't had the cutting edge pc to maximise VR like I would have liked so my own experience may not be as good as others. But picture clarity keeps me coming back to 3d vision. Racing from a mostly forward looking cockpit mode is fantastic with depth but with an admittedly narrow direction compared to VR and looking around an apex.

Here's how Oculus Rift is running for me in the latest build. I've included the FPS counter in the top right corner and here with a full field of 29 AI cars and me it is steadfastly locked to 45fps and super smooth.

Racing against the AI is already superb, they give space but no quarter (see 1.50-2.00) and they race each other well too (4.45-5.00). The AI cars are easy to trust when right up close and that makes the racing thrilling.

What the video can't show is just how good the steering feedback is now, the weight is good and yet the wheel is still full of detail and that's just on my TX458 wheel.

ACC has really developed well now and I'm looking forward to the full release, career mode and more of the hotlap/super pole and hotstint challenges.

Here's another little clip of the AI cars battling it out. The Emil Frey Jag makes his move on the AI Merc and takes a few corners running side by side to get the job done. I try to sneak through with him but the AI Merc is having none of it! Superb firm but fair and fun racing.

Last edited:
it's 99,9999% the same code.
You're seeing things or, like most people, you don't understand the difference between FF and car physics.

I agree that car physics in ACC is a (marginal) step forward from AC.. FF is basically exactly the same and it's just doing its job in replicating what the physics is doing... the only obviously "non realistic" effect in AC is the understeer thing... which hopefully nobody uses.

I think the car physics are not just marginal improved from AC and especially since 0.7 i would say, they are in another ballpark:inlove:. AC was more like 0.5 and hated the curbs and the ice-physics with hot tyres. I love the physics today and just did a comparison with iRacing, which ACC won by far and in any aspect:thumbsup:. My GS-5 is also in another ballpark in ACC:whistling:

But give the people what i get with Sim Commander from the FFB. Especially the bumps and partly the front suspension bumps in the FFB makes a huge difference and since 0.7 i had to increase them to above 160% (from 400) to get similar results. I guess there is more tyre flex at work today and first i got raged because i missed my bumps. Make a slider for this effect in ACC and my guess is, 9 of 10 people will shut up regarding FFB;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back