Assetto Corsa Competizione: Hotfix 0.7.1 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Hotfix Released.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have released another small update for Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Bringing the latest build version to 0.7.1 status, the hotfix deployed today addresses some minor issues that have arisen as part of the major 0.7 build release of yesterday, plus a few further little enhancements to the simulation.

SRO E-Sport GT Series - Silver Qualification Event Open - Details HERE.

Highlights from the hotfix, available the next time players restart their Steam client, include fixes the new MFD feature, weather adjustments and other minor but important changes as detailed below.

V0.7.1 Update Notes:
  • Fixed a bug in some tracks where pitwall proximity would invalidate the lap.
  • Removed penalty audio message at the end of the race.
  • Fixed incorrect #26 Special Event description.
  • Fix for MFD losing focus after a pitstop.
  • Fix for potential setup initialization issues when changing game modes.
  • Fix for Real-Time display showing lapped entries in non-race sessions.
  • Missed changelog entry from initial release: default keyboard mappings have been changed to free up the arrow keys for MFD navigation.
  • Custom mapping for various controllers will be implemented at a later time. Thank you for your patience.
  • Fixed auxiliary light mesh not fitting the Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3.
  • Fix for lack of expected rain probability with high variability percentages when setting high cloud density and dry track surface.
  • Repair time added to teleport during race.
  • Fixed wrong damage message after teleporting to pit.
  • Enabled 10 laps telemetry saving by default on Huracan GT3 monza preset setups.
  • NOTE regarding old setups: setups created in older builds will have extreme brake duct settings and may cause braking issues and overheating. Please adjust accordingly.
  • https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/brake-ducts-and-tyre-damage.55903/
  • NOTE regarding control presets: old control presets created in previous versions may cause issues. It is recommended to delete your old controls.json in Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config/ and start from scratch.

For more Assetto Corsa Competizione news and discussion, head over to the ACC Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment. If you enjoy online racing yourself, you might enjoy our ACC League and Club Racing forum, a place to take in clean, fair and competitive online racing in this sim.

SRO E-Sport GT Series – Check out the latest news HERE.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Had to happen at some point, but update 7.1 made me collect sound issues, blue screens and general way worse performance.

Now when I want to launch the game from Steam, the game says that Steam is not loaded yet. :rolleyes:

Guess I'll have to wait for another update before I can play again.

Had to happen at some point, but update 7.1 made me collect sound issues, blue screens and general way worse performance.

Now when I want to launch the game from Steam, the game says that Steam is not loaded yet. :rolleyes:

Guess I'll have to wait for another update before I can play again.
Try deinstalling ACC completely, und also every file you can find to do with ACC, including the file in the documents folder on the C partition. Re -Start the computer and install it again. Worked for me. Good luck

Just got this for £18 from instant gaming, actually quite like the FFB, no nonsense approach, tonnes better than PCars FFB IMO.
Looks pretty good considering i have a weak link CPU.
Just a bit blurry? cant seem to fix the blur.
AC with sol etc looks divine and dare i say 'better', but i am sure i am a few simple clicks away from greatness.
Happy... and cheap!

Did a race today whit sunny sky and some water on tracks. The dynamic weather is freakin cool.

I must say the rain in ac is cool but i didn't use it much since i only race online..

The rain is **** in every game in vr but hey the feelings is here in the FFB. I got a smile on my face all the race!

I love the fact that you need to know when its the good time to put the slick :)

So...Tried ACC after the update. I can, indeed, run triples as they now have a way to do it with resolution. I am using 3 27" 1080p screens and set my resolution in the Video settings and it works. Things are a bit stretched on the side screens, the HUD is on the side screens and on Nurburgring I had some black lines in the pits but no issues with view.

I am, though, having problems with my button binds. I deleted the jsoc (?) file in the ACC docs but am still having issues binding some buttons. Is there a "help" doc to refer to? I cannot find one.

The cars seem more planted now and I now feel like I can attack the corners better, (perhaps it is just me) and the racing last night was great.

So...Tried ACC after the update. I can, indeed, run triples as they now have a way to do it with resolution. I am using 3 27" 1080p screens and set my resolution in the Video settings and it works. Things are a bit stretched on the side screens, the HUD is on the side screens and on Nurburgring I had some black lines in the pits but no issues with view.

I am, though, having problems with my button binds. I deleted the jsoc (?) file in the ACC docs but am still having issues binding some buttons. Is there a "help" doc to refer to? I cannot find one.

The cars seem more planted now and I now feel like I can attack the corners better, (perhaps it is just me) and the racing last night was great.
Man you always could use tripples! I just use nvidia surround in settings and all works good from first release!!!

I've had trouble from the start with sporadic button binds ( TM TS-PC Racer, Win 10 ), which is why I'm so hacked off hat there is still no mouse support in VR. The VR per se looks amazing, but because the buttons on my wheel don't always work, I have to resort to using the keyboard, which of course sucks in VR.
Maybe in the final release? I havn't given up hope yet......the lack of mouse support in VR
( why, just why?), really ruins what could be a fantastic experience.

Now when I want to launch the game from Steam, the game says that Steam is not loaded yet

Are you racing in VR?

I got it to launch by NOT running Steam VR before launching ACC.

I have a Lenovo Explorer, so I launch Windows Mixed Reality and then launch ACC from Steam, using the option to launch ACC using Steam VR.

Before version 0.7.1, I would launch WMR, launch Steam VR (to make sure head tracking was working properly) and then launch ACC. ACC 0.7.1 introduced the "Steam not connected" error every time I tried this. Now I don't launch Steam VR and it works.

I hope this makes sense! :O_o:

Are you racing in VR?

I got it to launch by NOT running Steam VR before launching ACC.

I have a Lenovo Explorer, so I launch Windows Mixed Reality and then launch ACC from Steam, using the option to launch ACC using Steam VR.

Before version 0.7.1, I would launch WMR, launch Steam VR (to make sure head tracking was working properly) and then launch ACC. ACC 0.7.1 introduced the "Steam not connected" error every time I tried this. Now I don't launch Steam VR and it works.

I hope this makes sense! :O_o:

I don't have VR.

Got it working again now, was a really strange issue that seemed to be caused by Steam and not ACC in particular.

I've had trouble from the start with sporadic button binds ( TM TS-PC Racer, Win 10 ), which is why I'm so hacked off hat there is still no mouse support in VR. The VR per se looks amazing, but because the buttons on my wheel don't always work, I have to resort to using the keyboard, which of course sucks in VR.
Maybe in the final release? I havn't given up hope yet......the lack of mouse support in VR
( why, just why?), really ruins what could be a fantastic experience.

You can use the keyboard? I have yet to be able to get the keyboard to bind any buttons at all in ACC.

Got to say. It is hard to go back to AC after this update and I hate you guys for that. Being a Triple Screen user is really terrible to race with all the stretched images. However I am still able to have really enjoyable races when i focus on the race and ignore the side screens, the problem is when I have a car next to me.

I was the first to throw stones, since its first release but I need to accept the defeat, the wait started to be worth. But please give us some hope about triple screen support. We really need this.

Thank you.

it's 99,9999% the same code.
You're seeing things or, like most people, you don't understand the difference between FF and car physics.

I agree that car physics in ACC is a (marginal) step forward from AC.. FF is basically exactly the same and it's just doing its job in replicating what the physics is doing... the only obviously "non realistic" effect in AC is the understeer thing... which hopefully nobody uses.
but as Mantasig mentioned, could the Gyroscopic effect feel different among the different wheel brands? is it enabled on ACC by default? or something that might be different than the default AC1 options.
I mean, if everything is coded (almost) the same as in AC1 but people still feels it differently, it's not that people lie about it. Comparing similar cars you should get similar FFB.
I'm not complaining though, I'm just trying to understand why people complains about it.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 435 39.5%