Assetto Corsa Competizione: First Nissan and Monza Preview

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione Nissan and Monza Preview.jpg

Marco Massarutto has shown a first preview of the upcoming Nissan Nismo GT-R GT3 that is set to form part of the new ACC Release 6 content update.

Having initially delayed the launch of the new update to later this week, Assetto Corsa Competizione fans don't have to hold off now until the Nismo GT-R GT3 and Monza circuit are released. As well as the content, the upcoming build will of course also contain a range of fixes and improvements to the increasingly impressive Early Access title - all of which will be revealed in good time when Kunos hit that deployment button on Steam!

Not long to go now folks...

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now. Currently at build release 5 status.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
edit. I've taken a chance here. I'm pretty sure this is a screenshot from ACC and not GT Sport, however much of the post was in google translate, and it wasn't massively clear as to where the picture originated. So please, if I'm wrong and this is GT Sport.. don't crucify me!! lol

why wont they disclose what is going to happen? (improvements, multiplayer)

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...-6-early-access-release-delay-spoilers.54943/

"And now a sneak-peek for you guys on the forum, because the changelog will be rich of exciting topics, let us whisper: Radar, Camera Features, CPU Optimisations, Weather updates and some more. We can’t wait to release what we have in store for you."

They are rewriting the multiplayer code, so not sure if there will be multiplayer related updates in 0.6? Weather updates might refer to dynamic weather changes. Radar means helicorsa type of thing

Bazooka_Joe

Best of the worst, sometimes worst of the worst.
Two changes to mess with famous braking points: no more bridge before Della Roggia and marshal before Ascari is less visible on that video. First world problems obviously - it looks awesome and I can't wait to try the barge!

I have no doubts or concerns whatsoever that Kunos will get on top of this game and release something pretty special when the time comes.

In fact, I'm pretty shocked they've managed to keep to the schedule as well as they have so far... software development isn't easy, and those roadmap targets were certainly challenging to meet.

Keep the faith people :thumbsup:

I do have faith and I am positive Kunos will do a marvelous job. My gripe is NO communication, this time around.

I'm looking forward to the update and the fun of whatever the latest hot lap/stint challenges are, so far ACC is much better than expected for me.

The delay is minor but Kunos could help themselves a lot more by keeping the communication channels open and avoiding the deafening silence. Always better to under promise and over deliver than the reverse. If a delay can't be avoided just keep the updates regular and let players know when it is likely to happen. Better to say 'not today' than leave people guessing imo.

CPU optimization in change log got my attention.

Really looking forward to that.

Yes, I already made a big issue of that in another thread, but understood that it's mainly Unreal's threading model. I also wouldn't expect "CPU Optimization" as a compiler option to be used until the end, although I'd definitely be looking for the Refactoring to target optimizing cpu usage (now since this is their main opportunity for a big refactoring). By this point they've had to have learned some big points in development on Unreal.

Looking forward to the revised and much better product; 2 days or a week wait don't matter if they make it better. :cool:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 84 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.7%
  • €3001-5000