Assetto Corsa Competizione: First Nissan and Monza Preview

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione Nissan and Monza Preview.jpg

Marco Massarutto has shown a first preview of the upcoming Nissan Nismo GT-R GT3 that is set to form part of the new ACC Release 6 content update.

Having initially delayed the launch of the new update to later this week, Assetto Corsa Competizione fans don't have to hold off now until the Nismo GT-R GT3 and Monza circuit are released. As well as the content, the upcoming build will of course also contain a range of fixes and improvements to the increasingly impressive Early Access title - all of which will be revealed in good time when Kunos hit that deployment button on Steam!

Not long to go now folks...

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now. Currently at build release 5 status.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

This community is fascinatingly toxic. What, people are screaming at Kunos because of a delay ? Plenty of well-known developers produced excellent games after tons of delays (Blizzard, CD Project Red, ...). Learn patience and wait until you have the final product in your hands before you judge.

This community is fascinatingly toxic. What, people are screaming at Kunos because of a delay ? Plenty of well-known developers produced excellent games after tons of delays (Blizzard, CD Project Red, ...). Learn patience and wait until you have the final product in your hands before you judge.

Speaking of screaming... :p
It seems none of us have patience - in a week this complaint storm will have been refocused onto some other topic and the delay will be forgotten.:sleep:

I could feel offended by how rude your comment is, but I don't think we belong to the same breed of simracers. The words "racing line", "stability control", "ABS" or "radar app" make me physically sick when we are talking about a simulation. It's a slippery slope, first a radar app, then Kunos will bring us banana peels and magic mushrooms and this game will be a Mario Kart!

It's probably futile, but if you knew anything about Kunos's approach, you'd know they try to provide the tools for simracers to improve, at all levels. And, it's really easy: if you lose to anybody using said tools, you're just not that good. God forbid if other drivers actually give you a good race, regardless if they need or not them tools to race.
Now, get back in your hole soldier...

So Februari comes to an end and still no 0.6, with 2 weeks of delay, no reply from Kunos why it got delayed again (again). Seeing that both the Nissan and Monza were already in trailers by september 18, this is really bad.

Quite underwhelmed by their performance to be honest.

So Februari comes to an end and still no 0.6, with 2 weeks of delay, no reply from Kunos why it got delayed again (again). Seeing that both the Nissan and Monza were already in trailers by september 18, this is really bad.

Quite underwhelmed by their performance to be honest.

Man, the level of ignorance and incapability you bring here is amazing.

I could feel offended by how rude your comment is, but I don't think we belong to the same breed of simracers. The words "racing line", "stability control", "ABS" or "radar app" make me physically sick when we are talking about a simulation. It's a slippery slope, first a radar app, then Kunos will bring us banana peels and magic mushrooms and this game will be a Mario Kart!
1. Blancpain gt3 cars have abs
2. What's more realistic: having your head locked to stare through a windscreen straight on with 30% of your real life viewing angle and race at over 200 kp/h like that or include a radar that makes up for that massive lack of peripheral vision?
3. Is making people able to learn how to race by providing them with stability control and the racing line really that much different from doing a teaching session at a real track? Or do you want to pay people for private simracing sessions rather than seeing acc having the tools to self-teach?

You have some problems with a closed mind unable to reflect other people's needs and possibilities.
Would I'd like to see a league racing server allowing racing line and stability control? Hell no!
Do I think a radar is unnecessary with correctly rendering triple screens or in VR? Oh yes I do.

In your world only simracers are allowed to drive your perfect sim when they:
1. Have triples or VR
2. Already are able to stay in control and follow the racing line
3. Not use abs although the real life cars have it.

That's definitely the right thinking since the simracing userbase is way too flooded! We could even see good pickup multiplayer because there would be actually enough drivers but meh, let's screw everybody non-elite...
Reading your comment made me sick. Not physically, just in my mind.

Man, the level of ignorance and incapability you bring here is amazing.

Everyone their opinion, just like your entitled one is allowed as well.

Got an issue with it, deal with it. Your issue, not mine remember.

In the meantime, even the 2nd change in their roadmap is a dud, which is on any objective level considered really bad marketing and professionalism, even for Italians or people with Alfa Romeo rims in their avatar, whether they like it or not.

Everyone their opinion, just like your entitled one is allowed as well.

Got an issue with it, deal with it. Your issue, not mine remember.

In the meantime, even the 2nd change in their roadmap is a dud, which is on any objective level considered really bad marketing and professionalism, even for Italians or people with Alfa Romeo rims in their avatar, whether they like it or not.

You're dealing with your issues just fine.

posted a few minutes ago on support forum

Dear ACC racers,

we are reaching the closing stages of producing a stable build, and we working hard to deliver it the soonest we can. Since we've noticed positive feedback from the community regarding this approach of striving for stability, we prefer to use the weekend for more internal testing and gear up for next week in the best possible shape.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 378 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%