Assetto Corsa Competizione: First Nissan and Monza Preview

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione Nissan and Monza Preview.jpg

Marco Massarutto has shown a first preview of the upcoming Nissan Nismo GT-R GT3 that is set to form part of the new ACC Release 6 content update.

Having initially delayed the launch of the new update to later this week, Assetto Corsa Competizione fans don't have to hold off now until the Nismo GT-R GT3 and Monza circuit are released. As well as the content, the upcoming build will of course also contain a range of fixes and improvements to the increasingly impressive Early Access title - all of which will be revealed in good time when Kunos hit that deployment button on Steam!

Not long to go now folks...

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now. Currently at build release 5 status.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

That's actually really exciting to me. Even as someone without much experience it amazes me how often I see people doing events without using helicorsa (or helimobilista) even here on Race Department. Maybe having a built-in solution will encourage more people to adopt it.
A spotter is way better than a radar blinking and flashing every time you go near another car.

A spotter is way better than a radar blinking and flashing every time you go near another car.

I have to disagree, a spotter doesn't give anywhere near the amount of information a radar does in where everyone is positioning going into a corner, particularly when multiple cars are involved; hard for me to see that as better. Definitely less intrusive though, I could understand feeling that way. I do think using both is better than either option alone though!

All that being said, I'm all for using whatever works for each person individually! Many of the people I was referring to in that post aren't using either option, anything would be better than that.

Last edited:
edit. I've taken a chance here. I'm pretty sure this is a screenshot from ACC and not GT Sport, however much of the post was in google translate, and it wasn't massively clear as to where the picture originated. So please, if I'm wrong and this is GT Sport.. don't crucify me!! lol
Yeah nothing to worry about here Paul its just the sponsor packages on the liveries who are all on the cars no matter what game there inside. :thumbsup:

I have to disagree, a spotter doesn't give anywhere near the amount of information a radar does in where everyone is positioning going into a corner, particularly when multiple cars are involved; hard for me to see that as better.

True helicorsa gives more accurate info. Spotter is more immersive though (while not realistic either). I dislike HUD elements, the less the better. Cars aren't fighter jets. Hope they would add support for both.

I really do like the triple mirrors in rf2 for these reasons. You'll see a car next to you in the side mirrors. Not realistic either that you have 180° vision in your mirrors but you don't need someone constantly telling you where the cars are and also no fighter jet radar.
It takes some time getting used to the distorted image but overall it's the most inmersive for me as I actually can look for myself on my single screen instead of needing artificial help.

To be fair, 10 days or so delay is small beer compared to other developers (cough ... Reiza rf2 dlc, Reiza 17, AMS major manufacturer dlc ... cough ...S397 rF2 menu,,, cough Sector3 Porsches... cough iRacing new tyre model). I'm teasing here - not trying to start a flame war. But given the GTR and Monza were shown at E3 it is a little frustrating. I presume the delay is down to features rather than content.

True helicorsa gives more accurate info. Spotter is more immersive though (while not realistic either). I dislike HUD elements, the less the better. Cars aren't fighter jets. Hope they would add support for both.
Agreed that neither is realistic in road racing, but IRL the visibility is quite different. I am very happy Helicorsa will be natively supported, hopefully they add support (UDP or what) for Crew Chief as well. In that case, we will be able to choose what we want. If Helicorsa will look the same as in AC, that is fully invisible if no cars are around, it will be great. I prefer minimum HUD as well.

To be fair, 10 days or so delay is small beer compared to other developers (cough ... Reiza rf2 dlc, Reiza 17, AMS major manufacturer dlc ... cough ...S397 rF2 menu,,, cough Sector3 Porsches... cough iRacing new tyre model). I'm teasing here - not trying to start a flame war. But given the GTR and Monza were shown at E3 it is a little frustrating. I presume the delay is down to features rather than content.

The delay is one thing, holding complete radio silence about it is what bothers me much more.

A simple explanation would take maybe 5 minutes tops. Right now Kunos is letting everyone and their dog think of anything that could explain why they went silent, and none of them are going to help their otherwhise pretty good image. For a game that is bigger in scope than they ever made and has an official license this is questionable.

Even on the official ACC forums of Kunos themselves people lose their patience with this radio silence, not necessary with the delay itself.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 400 40.0%