Assetto Corsa Competizione | British GT Snetterton Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The second track from the upcoming British GT Pack DLC for Assetto Corsa Competizione has enjoyed its first image reveal earlier today - introducing Snetterton!
  • First ACC British GT Pack DLC Snetterton Previews.
  • New DLC schedule to launch Feb 10th.
  • Contains 3 tracks and multiple liveries.

ACC Snetterton Middle.jpg

For me personally, I've never quite gelled with Snetterton - be it the slightly bland look of the circuit or the combination of corners on the (reasonably) recently re profiled track - however in the hands of the team at Kunos in ACC, it looks like they have put together a very, very impressive virtual recreation of this high speed British circuit.

In case you missed the post from yesterday, Kunos have confirmed the British GT Pack DLC will launch this February 10th for PC versions of the Assetto Corsa Competizione simulation, and will come packed with the three new tracks (Donington Park, Oulton Park and Snetterton), over 40 new liveries and 70 drivers from the British GT Championship - including a Championship mode within the game structure.

ACC Snetterton Middle 2.jpg

Pretty exciting times - stay tuned to RaceDepartment for some nice preview footage coming soon too :)

Original Source: Kunos Twitter

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know how to make the most from your instal? No worries, fire up a new thread in the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community be your guide!

ACC Snetterton Footer.jpg

Last edited:
I noticed that grass blade number 1,645,012,010 was not cut in the uniform manner it should be judging by the rotation of the blade which is obvious when looking at the mower pattern, so thats a no buy from me! Bloody poor show! Was so looking forward to this aswell!

Believe me, all joking apart, Dr Jonathan Palmer really would notice....

(Apologies for more OT, but this game has an interesting history that is actually kinda relevant to simracing as it features Codemasters. Between 1986 and 1988 (though it kept on going even after that), Codemasters released several games in their "Simulator" series, such as BMX Simulator, ATV Simulator, Grand Prix Simulator, Advanced Pinball Simulator and more (which had little to do with any real simulations, a sentiment I'm sure many share to this day when it comes to Codemasters). As an April Fools joke and in response to all those "Simulator" games by Codemasters, Your Sinclair posted a review of "Advanced Lawnmower Simulator", which described a full-featured game that'll supposedly be released on April 1st. A month later, the game you can see above was included on tape with the magazine as a supposed demo of the full game. Funnily enough, it took over 2 years for them to finally admit it was just an April Fools joke, as people kept asking about the game. Since then, there have been several sequels and remakes made.)

Last edited:
(Apologies for more OT, but this game has an interesting history that is actually kinda relevant to simracing as it features Codemasters. Between 1986 and 1988 (though it kept on going even after that), Codemasters released several games in their "Simulator" series, such as BMX Simulator, ATV Simulator, Grand Prix Simulator, Advanced Pinball Simulator and more (which had little to do with any real simulations, a sentiment I'm sure many share to this day when it comes to Codemasters). As an April Fools joke and in response to all those "Simulator" games by Codemasters, Your Sinclair posted a review of "Advanced Lawnmower Simulator", which described a full-featured game that'll supposedly be released on April 1st. A month later, the game you can see above was included on tape with the magazine as a supposed demo of the full game. Funnily enough, it took over 2 years for them to finally admit it was just an April Fools joke, as people kept asking about the game. Since then, there have been several sequels and remakes made.)

I know. I wàs a subscriber to YS from the Matt Bielby golden era! My name even appears in the final issue as I won a competition (I received all three spectrum Batman games in the post from Jonathan Nash not long after).

With this mixture of grass mowing extpertise and the world of virtual reality there is only one man we can summon to make sure every blade is virtually correct. JOBE! And woe betide any who cross him! https://images.app.goo.gl/KSZccTGX6obT9QiZA View attachment 443095View attachment 443095
Going totally off topic here, but that reminds of a place i worked (a tool/machinery shop) as a manager in the early/mid 1990's.
The engineer was repairing a petrol lawnmower and had tied the handle up so the engine would run without it needing holding back (a safety feature to prevent the following...).
As he was repairing it he was knelt on the floor with on hand on the ground supporting himself.
The mower started to roll and he couldn't push himself away quick enough, and it rolled over his hand.
This resulted in 2 of his fingers being chopped off (held on by pieces of skin).
He came running in as white as a sheet (except his hand which was red), saying 'Matt... hospital now'.
I had to rush him to A&E where he had a few hours of surgery and also spent the night.
Then nurses nicknamed him 'The Lawnmower man'.
Oh how we laughed (well, i did, him... not so much).

Last edited:
When will the upcoming British Pack paid DLC be available?
The British Pack paid DLC, offering 3 new iconic circuits that complete the 7-race calendar of the British GT Championship, will be available this winter for both PC Steam and consoles.

ACC is well-made, with a high-standard content (these british tracks look stunning) but I'm still disapointed by the braking feeling (compared to AC and RF2), wich is one of the most important thing for me in simracing. A real race driver (he drove the 911 Cup and GT3) and instructor told me : " you can't drive in ACC like IRL, something is weird in the physics". He prefers AC (even if sometimes, there's too much grip for him and the tires management is not perfect).
Unlike some other race drivers (with a youtube channel), he is not endorsed by any brand and can speak freely about that.

Last edited:
I think we need more cars, with TCR and LMP2 ACC will be king, killing any competence

Which those cars will probably never come, especially LMP2.

At best we get GT2 at this stage due to how slow Kunos is. Asking them to do a big grid of TCR will be tough for them since they cant even bring the Mustang and Jag.

I really do not know what happen to this studio. They can release a handful of free cars a year for AC with a few packs. Now, Kunos has been incredibly slow with releases with ACC.

Last edited:
Which those cars will probably never come, especially LMP2.

At best we get GT2 at this stage due to how slow Kunos is. Asking them to do a big grid of TCR will be tough for them since they cant even bring the Mustang and Jag.

I really do not know what happen to this studio. They can release a handful of free cars a year for AC with a few packs. Now, Kunos has been incredibly slow with releases with ACC.
You might have noticed that the situation worldwide is to some extent not normal. And I dont perceive Kunos as slow at all. For slow I am sure we have other studios. Right S..7 ?

Last edited:
I really don't understand why people keep asking for things that aren't even SRO specific. It would be the equivalent of people asking for Le Mans in the Nascar heat series.

I'm not even the biggest fan of SRO but I at least do 2 seconds of research to see what series are racing in their events and what we might see in the future from ACC...

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back