Assetto Corsa Competizione | British GT Snetterton Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The second track from the upcoming British GT Pack DLC for Assetto Corsa Competizione has enjoyed its first image reveal earlier today - introducing Snetterton!
  • First ACC British GT Pack DLC Snetterton Previews.
  • New DLC schedule to launch Feb 10th.
  • Contains 3 tracks and multiple liveries.

ACC Snetterton Middle.jpg

For me personally, I've never quite gelled with Snetterton - be it the slightly bland look of the circuit or the combination of corners on the (reasonably) recently re profiled track - however in the hands of the team at Kunos in ACC, it looks like they have put together a very, very impressive virtual recreation of this high speed British circuit.

In case you missed the post from yesterday, Kunos have confirmed the British GT Pack DLC will launch this February 10th for PC versions of the Assetto Corsa Competizione simulation, and will come packed with the three new tracks (Donington Park, Oulton Park and Snetterton), over 40 new liveries and 70 drivers from the British GT Championship - including a Championship mode within the game structure.

ACC Snetterton Middle 2.jpg

Pretty exciting times - stay tuned to RaceDepartment for some nice preview footage coming soon too :)

Original Source: Kunos Twitter

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know how to make the most from your instal? No worries, fire up a new thread in the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community be your guide!

ACC Snetterton Footer.jpg

Last edited:
@clemencaman I have 9900k with 3080 & don't get micro stuttering using G1 @ 90Hz.

I had binned ACC as I only race in VR and it frankly didn't work, even after I installed my 3080 (coming from a 2080).

I dowloaded an Enginie.ini file form the ACC forums (not sure which thread from), reduced resolution scale, mirrors (big one) reduced resolution and fps and I am now tackling the career.

Again I'll emphasise, it is no way the best VR performer BUT it is now playable (for me as I really need the 90fps). At the start it may not hit 90, or always in the rain, but I've only managed to get those things run at 90fps in the other sims I play after installing the 3080.

In the video above, if he had set his resolution scale down he would have achieved a much better graphical look than he did at 100.

Last edited:
I know of other race driver that will tell you exactly the opposite, that you can brake in ACC exactly like in real life. And he is also a real world GT3 driver. Go figure.
No you can't. If you drive exactly the same, you will have some serious troubles... Not only for braking. He is also an instructor for the Porsche Center. That's the difference between real life and simracing.
These race drivers I've mentionned, are on youtube and are paid by brands to demonstrate wheels, pedals and games (like the Romain Monti channel for example). So, you just listen to what they say, but you don't meet them personnaly and don't have a real talk outside the youtube business.

Yeah, same! I’m lucky enough to run on ACC with real GT3 drivers and they are all positive about ACC,especially in comparison to rf2 GT3s. They certainly don’t mention weird braking feeling. Could be some folks struggle with the ABS?
They don't mention anything because some are paid for running the game and to give a feedback about it. You don't know them personnaly so can't have a real talk about it and they can't tell you that the physics still need some improvements. It's not about abs, it's about braking feeling (like doing a natural declining braking with a good grip feeling).

Last edited:
They don't mention anything because some are paid for running the game and to give a feedback about it. You don't know them personnaly so can't have a real talk about it and they can't tell you that the physics still need some improvements. It's not about abs, it's about braking feeling (like doing a natural declining braking with a good grip feeling).
So wait... The guy he knows is wrong because the guy you know is right?

You don't even know what driver he is talking about yet you jump to the conclusion they are being paid for their opinion? Ok....

I’m in discord chat with them, and they’re not getting paid, in fact they don’t even stream! So yes, I do know them personally and we do have candid chats about the physics.

No you can't. If you drive exactly the same, you will have some serious troubles... Not only for braking. He is also an instructor for the Porsche Center. That's the difference between real life and simracing.
These race drivers I've mentionned, are on youtube and are paid by brands to demonstrate wheels, pedals and games (like the Romain Monti channel for example). So, you just listen to what they say, but you don't meet them personnaly and don't have a real talk outside the youtube business.
Assuming you are not talking out of an orifice not meant for speaking and you do actually know a real racing driver, that's not enough to suggest anything objectively. Individuals can have their own opinions, but in science it's the consensus that matters. It's also hilarious you think Kunos would spend thousands of euros to bribe drivers to make positive reviews for a game officially endorsed by the SRO and used for practice outside the testing period even by non-SRO pro drivers.

As usual on RD, you cannot make any reviews without been hanged by the fanboys. :D
People I race with are split in two, those who feels the physics weird and the others who like the game.
So what I've said is just the opinion of people that have a weird feeling, and it's not a minority.

As usual on RD, you cannot make any reviews without been hanged by the fanboys. :D
People I race with are split in two, those who feels the physics weird and the others who like the game.
So what I've said is just the opinion of people that have a weird feeling, and it's not a minority.
If you make unsubstantiated claims, you should expect criticism. Nobody hanged you, so chill out. The reason I question your claims is because they are incompatible to any experiences I and the people I'm driving with have and the testimonials of many Blancpain pro drivers. Then you come up with the conspiracy theory that positive reviews come from drivers getting paid by Kunos. How exactly do you expect to be taken seriously? It's fine if you don't like ACC, nobody should tell you what to like or dislike. Just don't make false claims.

If you make unsubstantiated claims, you should expect criticism. Nobody hanged you, so chill out. The reason I question your claims is because they are incompatible to any experiences I and the people I'm driving with have and the testimonials of many Blancpain pro drivers. Then you come up with the conspiracy theory that positive reviews come from drivers getting paid by Kunos. How exactly do you expect to be taken seriously? It's fine if you don't like ACC, nobody should tell you what to like or dislike. Just don't make false claims.
Did I wrote "anyone is paid by Kunos" , No. I just say "sponsored" (when you have the game before the rest of the world and all the content for free, it could be called "sponsored"). ;)
No conspiracy, I'm sure some people have the same opinion. Firstly, I wasn't satisfied totally by the driving. After talking with other people, I felt no more alone thinking it. When a Real race driver and instructor explain me why I had this feeling, it was clearer for me (so your "unsubstantiated claims" comment makes me smile...).
I've never said I don't like ACC, I've just said I feel something weird when I drive in ACC, the way the car behaves at braking (grip and inertia) and especialy at trail-braking.
As I said previously, the game is very immersive and the ffb well done, but this weird feeling ruins a little bit my pleasure. ;)

Not directly paid but sponsored (Do you think Romain Monti paid his wheels and pedals ?). :D

Again, these guys don't even have sim sponsorship deals. Last night for example I was practising with a current GTWC driver, a factory McLaren GT3 driver from the British GTs and another chap that made a one-off appearance in the British GT Championship driving a GT3 last season. Not going to name names, but they know their stuff and aren't affiliated to any sim/sim manufacturer. They get paid to race cars, not race in sims!

It's just their opinions, but seeing as they don't gain anything from praising ACC in a private chat I have to say their opinions hold a certain degree of weight. Again, other people have different opinions and that's fine.

Last edited:
Again, these guys don't even have sim sponsorship deals. Last night for example I was practising with a current GTWC driver, a factory McLaren GT3 driver from the British GTs and another chap that made a one-off appearance in the British GT Championship driving a GT3 last season. Not going to name names, but they know their stuff and aren't affiliated to any sim/sim manufacturer. They get paid to race cars, not race in sims!

It's just their opinions, but seeing as they don't gain anything from praising ACC in a private chat I have to say their opinions hold a certain degree of weight. Again, other people have different opinions and that's fine.
It's not all black or not all white, some race drivers are satisfied with some ACC features and not satisfied with other. So making criticism about braking feeling is not "unsubstantiated". ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%