Assetto Corsa: Build 0.9 Released (with multiplayer)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Due to a few delays it took Kunos Simulazioni a little extra time to deliver the announced multiplayer functionality to the community. Today the wait ends as issues have been fixed and tested and are now available via a Steam update for customers.

Besides a whole bunch of servers provided by Kunos the community has start hosting the first multiplayer rooms already and of course you are more than welcome to visit the official RD servers as well.

Buy Assetto Corsa for only 34,99 EUR directly from the RD Store here

The 0.9 upgrade of Assetto Corsa brings the following features to the PC simulation.

Working Features:
  • Booking system
  • Pre-booked clients from server admins
  • Password protected server for booking
  • Password saving for different servers
  • Multi class races
  • Race weekend (practice,qualifying,race) with configurable duration and number of laps
  • Select penalty system or not.
  • Track cycling
  • Loop mode
  • Maximum client limit, determined by circuit pit boxes
  • Clients may re-join at any session if booked.
  • Dedicated server available.
  • 10 public official servers
Known Issues
  • Official server are set to 15 clients and we will gradually increase the clients number
  • with testing. Dedicated server is not limited.
  • Wheels remain always connected on the ground, even if cars flies, jumps of flips
  • Steering wheels angles might appear exaggerated, or inverted
  • Extended characters in player names, are not supported yet
  • Graphical active aero animations do not work on multiplayer clients yet
  • Opponents skidmarks are not visible yet
  • Opponents windshield are not visible in player’s mirrors yet
  • Opponents suspension movements are vertical, wheels might compenetrate cars body on some occasions
  • “Multiplayer options” option from the menu does not work yet (containing voting for skip session, restart servers, kick users, chats etc)
  • Switching between sessions dirt on the car doesn’t disappear race session ends some seconds after the leader finishes the race

Last edited:
Curious about the Nordschleife, if they don't put in a really big amount of pits on that track then it's gonna be pointless.
The lenght of the track does not necessary correspond with the pitbox number. The Circuit de la Sarthe & the Nordschleife are venues for 24h races, which require a high number of boxes. It's not a given Kunos will go for high for realism - probably only for a few (server constraints). Generally, The unique lenght and layout of the Nordschleife is a challenge for the individual driver, not a stepping stone for large number of participants.

What's the tipping point as far as ping is concerned?

Haven't played MP yet but after seeing a few videos anyone above 100 ms seem to be ghosting...if that is the case those of us geographically challenged like me (my minimum is around 170 ms) are gonna have to wait for it to improve

Some people have to understand that you cannot directly compare the netcode performance in two different servers.

For example, some say that they can see ghosting for players with 170 ping.
In that case it might be a problem with the server performance.
Yesterday i did about 6-7 races. I never saw ghosting on players up to 200ping.
But on one instance, there was this driver with 40 ping he was lagging all over the place.

All i am trying to say is not to blame the netcode for bad performance because the server might not be up to the job, or even the routing to it.

I did a few races today and my opinion on two things:
1) Booking system, what the f? I understand it is to make sure everybody is connected before an event. But it makes joining random servers hell (no connect during P). Could have something to do with having no function to load cars while driving, they should add it in later MPs though. Also no auto-join after booking period made me screw up a race cus I did not pay attention I joined and 2 secs later the race started.
2) Collisions, sometimes they are without a problem and just like they should, had some nice wheelbanging with another dude (both our pings were < 30) untill he slammed me off (the *beep*). And this instance where I was driving behind two guys with 60 and 80 ping they wheelbanged open wheelers and they flew all over the place.

I know it's still alpha but I wanted to mention it :p

@Michael Hornbuckle .. thanks for the information..
- I tinkered with the ctr+1,3 to view other drivers, it took a while but I found that ctrl+2 takes you back to your vehicle.

Random thoughts on MP..

I joined a fantastic server tonight, 20 laps, Maggione, mixed field. There were a couple RD members on board too, like Saleem hodge(martini racing skin showed bc I have it, looks great).

1. It's great to get into a server with respectable drivers. The racing was fantastic, the passes were clean, quals were a constant battle. Pole position and even the passes were all most definitely earned. Unfortunately it was a 20 lap race, and I dressed for 10.. lol. which brings me to number 2.

2. Information. It's hard to find. It would be nice if there was a "pro" sign somewhere on the server list. So you know that tyre wear, etc is enabled. After 20 minutes of practice, and a hard fought qualification, I really didn't even remember how many laps the race was supposed to be(see point 3). It's WIP so I really can't complain. And honestly, if this is what were stuck with forever I would enjoy it. AC MP is fantastic when you actually get to race with gentleman.

3. The transition between qualification and race is very tough to deal with. I race with a different fuel load than I qualify with, as most of us do. There is not enough time between quals and race to adjust this properly. Anyone who has spent any real time racing in AC MP has definitely launched into a race, And the countdown tree is gone already. Many don't even know the race has started. Leading to pileups on the starting grid, "flying" around the track, and inevitably being sent to pits.
edit: I probably could just go back to pits before quals are finished and load my race setup. But randoms in servers will not know to do this..

4. The booking system is fine, but it is not without drawbacks. I would have to say that it lends to servers being empty though. And that's not that great imho. anyway wip. my 2 cents.

Please don't take this as complaint. It is genuine feedback.

Thanks and Happy racing all.

That race was the best of the night for me. Most of us had the same problem. We thought it was a 10 lap race when it was twenty so we all had to stop for fuel. I got taken out on the first lap and embedded up at the back of the field but hunkered down and went into Chase mode. It was fantastic. We really need a lobby for a minute it two to get ready for the race and talk about that amazing qualifying battle. I had so much fun!

Hopefully I can get creating our own server sorted out today and jump in again.

I did a few races today and my opinion on two things:
1) Booking system, what the f? I understand it is to make sure everybody is connected before an event. But it makes joining random servers hell (no connect during P). Could have something to do with having no function to load cars while driving, they should add it in later MPs though. Also no auto-join after booking period made me screw up a race cus I did not pay attention I joined and 2 secs later the race started.
I know it's still alpha but I wanted to mention it :p

This feature will be an optional feature in the final game.

Right now it's in tests and it's main purpose is for league races.

0.9.5 is out and my stutters are back. I'm pretty certain that it wasn't the updating of Catalyst drivers that solved it last time.

I've done a lot more testing and it looks like it's an AI issue with certain tracks.

<mod you can post it here as well> edit: (I posted a link to the official forum here with details of a track with stutter and one without)

It would be interesting to see if any of you get the same issues as me, if you get bored with MP. If so, try Monza 66 with at least 10 AI. I had problems with both 312T and E30 Grp A but might be worth trying other cars.

Last edited:
@Bram Hengeveld i found this useful

"Si3v KS Dev Team
the limit is the number of clients of the server...
A server could (SHOULD for leagues) be ALL pre booked.
A skilled programmer (we don't have time) could also make a program that writes the booking list, based on previous sessions (5 servers of practice, the best 20 times will enter in the final server to the race)"
" "For racing with friends, if you open your server... use pre booking!!!". It's in the server launcher, you need 5 minutes to set it up.
You'll always see the name of the pre-booked people on the booking list (in grey if they've not joined yet, in white if they're in), even when another session restarts. To me it sounds SO easy...
Atm the only issue is that you can pre book only one car per user... hopefully will be worked on asap."

So you can actualy make a list with people and their individual car and everyone (on that list) can join at anytime the server made only with Practice/Quali/Race and leave the Booking out.
But its a bit of work for server admins i admit it
This is perfect for league races...with this system even the password is absolete since will be impossible for anyone who is not on the list to join the server...at least thats what i understand.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 29 42.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 33 47.8%