Assetto Corsa: Build 0.9 Released (with multiplayer)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Due to a few delays it took Kunos Simulazioni a little extra time to deliver the announced multiplayer functionality to the community. Today the wait ends as issues have been fixed and tested and are now available via a Steam update for customers.

Besides a whole bunch of servers provided by Kunos the community has start hosting the first multiplayer rooms already and of course you are more than welcome to visit the official RD servers as well.

Buy Assetto Corsa for only 34,99 EUR directly from the RD Store here

The 0.9 upgrade of Assetto Corsa brings the following features to the PC simulation.

Working Features:
  • Booking system
  • Pre-booked clients from server admins
  • Password protected server for booking
  • Password saving for different servers
  • Multi class races
  • Race weekend (practice,qualifying,race) with configurable duration and number of laps
  • Select penalty system or not.
  • Track cycling
  • Loop mode
  • Maximum client limit, determined by circuit pit boxes
  • Clients may re-join at any session if booked.
  • Dedicated server available.
  • 10 public official servers
Known Issues
  • Official server are set to 15 clients and we will gradually increase the clients number
  • with testing. Dedicated server is not limited.
  • Wheels remain always connected on the ground, even if cars flies, jumps of flips
  • Steering wheels angles might appear exaggerated, or inverted
  • Extended characters in player names, are not supported yet
  • Graphical active aero animations do not work on multiplayer clients yet
  • Opponents skidmarks are not visible yet
  • Opponents windshield are not visible in player’s mirrors yet
  • Opponents suspension movements are vertical, wheels might compenetrate cars body on some occasions
  • “Multiplayer options” option from the menu does not work yet (containing voting for skip session, restart servers, kick users, chats etc)
  • Switching between sessions dirt on the car doesn’t disappear race session ends some seconds after the leader finishes the race

Last edited:
Can someone tell me the details of the Server1 for tonight opening RD race?
I have lost the touch with it and cannot find it

xEtqncY.png

I sort it out.

But unfortunately i cannot join you guys since in 1 hour i have to be in town, its friday and i will go out. I have already made arrangements 2 days ago and i saw that the multiplayer is released before an hour or so. It's a very bad timing for me and came from nowhere actually, otherwise i would have made other plans. I just dont have that luck but you guys do, or some, so my place i say someone else to take instead because i wont show up. I will miss it! :(

Last edited:
A couple of weeks ago I reported about stutters during Practice and Qualifying but not race. I posted it on the official forum and identified it was due to the AI pitting. The problem went away when I updated to the 14.4 Catalyst drivers, luckily.

Well now the stuttering is back. But it's worse because there is a new bug that causes all the AI to retire during a race. So I now get stutters in all three modes.

I wasn't happy with KS' lack of communication over the last week but I wasn't ranting or even that bothered about multiplayer.

However, tonight I am quite fed up with them. SP is irritating to play - the stutters are really annoying and the AI can't finish a race.

And because they've chosen Steam, I had to update to play - even though I'd turned off auto update specifically so I could stay on the previous version.

My good will factor is quite low at the moment.

If anyone can tell me how I can role back to the last version I will be eternally grateful.

i am probably too dumb for this booking business: filtered the list to servers in booking phase cause i figured this is how you join. filtered to those without a password. sorted the remaining ones by ping. clicked on a server, clicked on a car

so far so good

what do i do next?
whatever i did only gave me negative replies, all of which boil down to me trying to join servers in vain for some minutes.

what did i miss?

So your previous issues went away because a driver update? And now you blame them again for something which might be due on your end (again).

Multiplayer is quite lag free, give it a go ;)

I only blame them because the stutter appeared in the 0.8.7 update and I wasn't the only one affected. How the drivers fixed it I don't know.

Now it's back.

I'm more annoyed with Steam really and myself for not making a backup which I could go back to.

i am probably too dumb for this booking business: filtered the list to servers in booking phase cause i figured this is how you join. filtered to those without a password. sorted the remaining ones by ping. clicked on a server, clicked on a car

so far so good

what do i do next?
whatever i did only gave me negative replies, all of which boil down to me trying to join servers in vain for some minutes.

what did i miss?

After you've clicked on booking a spot you have to wait for the booking session to finish (which is normally displayed on a little box that appears after you've booked) and once that time is up you should be able to join the server (I've noticed a slight delay between the booking session finishing and practice starting on the server).

I like that you can drag the booking box to where you want it, but I'm not convinced by the system as a whole. I've booked to join races with a countdown of 55 minutes.
Also some show things like 20 minutes practice, 20 minutes qualifying all for 8 laps at Monza :D

Well I have played for a couple hours now. I did expierince some low framerates and lag with a 20 car grid. Turning down some graphics settings took care of that (mirror rez, smoke detail). The only problem I have with the booking system is that in long sessions (the last one i was in was 1 hr practice 1 hr qualifying and ten laps), by the time you get to the race most everyone, or everyone has left. At the beginning of practice about ten of the 20 cars were actually present, and by qualifying there was only myself and two others. I got tired of driving around without seeing the other car (yes its down to me and one other now) after about 40 minutes of the qualifying.

Other than that it seems to work pretty well. Overall I'm very happy with it so far. Thanks Kunos!:)

I like that you can drag the booking box to where you want it, but I'm not convinced by the system as a whole. I've booked to join races with a countdown of 55 minutes.
Also some show things like 20 minutes practice, 20 minutes qualifying all for 8 laps at Monza :D

I think the purpose of this is more to have a long casual session rather than a very serious race. Think of it more as a track day with a race at the end of the day. That's the way i understand it anyways

MP is pretty much as I expected . Ran roughly 6 races today and the frame rates in MP are very low. Running a GTX 780 with an i5 3570 so have plenty of horsepower but much work needs to be done.

Not flaming because this is what I expected as this is a first try for Kunos with a full scale race lobby. Hopefully over time it can be sorted out. It's going to be a lot of work for them for sure. What do you think ?

MP is pretty much as I expected . Ran roughly 6 races today and the frame rates in MP are very low. Running a GTX 780 with an i5 3570 so have plenty of horsepower but much work needs to be done.

Not flaming because this is what I expected as this is a first try for Kunos with a full scale race lobby. Hopefully over time it can be sorted out. It's going to be a lot of work for them for sure. What do you think ?

I'm running a 4gb 780m (the mobile version of your GPU) which is roughly equivalent to a desktop GTX650. I'm running in windowed mode which is far worse than fullscreen in terms of vram efficiency and I'm doing it at 7680x1440 over triples. CPU is a i5-4670 at 3.4ghz.

I've seen no decrease in fps compared to SP. I'm seeing 40 at a full grid up to 70 on open track or with only a few others in sight. What are your settings and what FPS are you getting?.

I've seen a few people having frame rate issues, I am on a laptop GT640m 2gb vram 8gb ram and Intel I7. What settings are you running?

First MP race i entered I accidently left all my graphics turned up like I do when I'm hotlapping, and was pleasantly surprised that it all ran pretty smooth, only time frames dropped below my capped 50 FPS was on the starting grid when everyone left in a cloud of frame eating smoke lol.

For the next races I turned down smoke and reflections down like I do when I'm racing AI and everything is smooth as, much better than the CPU hogging AI.

Having said all that there are some glitchy moments when racing but I think this is mostly server and connection related, for instance I am in Australia so my ping to most of the servers is pretty high (300ms+) and opposition cars will ghost around allot but in a couple of races I was running with a fellow Aussie and our ping was around fifty, we were able to race wheel to wheel with out taking each other out.

I have had a few time warp moments though, got transported from the start of the back straight of Nurburg GP to the chicane in an eye blink.
Arrived deep in the braking zone at full speed, Uh oh, 0_o slam breaks, slide sideways through chicane, somehow manage to keep it all straight, distracted run deep into final corner, save it again then proceed to LMAO all the way along the front straight. :roflmao::thumbsup:

From the Three attempts I managed on my split from work today (56 mile round trip :sick:), I found it to be enjoyable. Once you figure out the booking system (which I'm on the fence about) and get into a server it's pretty straight forward.

The first race I tried I had to quit from the practice since I got hit with the >95% cpu usage message (with none of my cores showing that). The room had 30 cars in it though. The second and third were cool with a short qualifying and 9 lap race for the first and 5 for the second. I love that you can setup a server to have no practice.

I can't wait to get in a room with all of you. Public servers aren't the best.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.