Assetto Corsa: Build 0.9 Released (with multiplayer)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Due to a few delays it took Kunos Simulazioni a little extra time to deliver the announced multiplayer functionality to the community. Today the wait ends as issues have been fixed and tested and are now available via a Steam update for customers.

Besides a whole bunch of servers provided by Kunos the community has start hosting the first multiplayer rooms already and of course you are more than welcome to visit the official RD servers as well.

Buy Assetto Corsa for only 34,99 EUR directly from the RD Store here

The 0.9 upgrade of Assetto Corsa brings the following features to the PC simulation.

Working Features:
  • Booking system
  • Pre-booked clients from server admins
  • Password protected server for booking
  • Password saving for different servers
  • Multi class races
  • Race weekend (practice,qualifying,race) with configurable duration and number of laps
  • Select penalty system or not.
  • Track cycling
  • Loop mode
  • Maximum client limit, determined by circuit pit boxes
  • Clients may re-join at any session if booked.
  • Dedicated server available.
  • 10 public official servers
Known Issues
  • Official server are set to 15 clients and we will gradually increase the clients number
  • with testing. Dedicated server is not limited.
  • Wheels remain always connected on the ground, even if cars flies, jumps of flips
  • Steering wheels angles might appear exaggerated, or inverted
  • Extended characters in player names, are not supported yet
  • Graphical active aero animations do not work on multiplayer clients yet
  • Opponents skidmarks are not visible yet
  • Opponents windshield are not visible in player’s mirrors yet
  • Opponents suspension movements are vertical, wheels might compenetrate cars body on some occasions
  • “Multiplayer options” option from the menu does not work yet (containing voting for skip session, restart servers, kick users, chats etc)
  • Switching between sessions dirt on the car doesn’t disappear race session ends some seconds after the leader finishes the race

Last edited:
I'm now getting used to the booking system too. If you want to just pop onto a public server just turn the booking only filter on, to list only the servers accepting bookings. ;)

If there was a schedule you could look at somewhere it would make it easier to plan joining servers. You would then know what times the booking will be available. Let's say RaceDepartment had a server #1 that rotated to booking on the hour every hour, you will then know that you can get into the server lobby and get ready to book that server #1 on the hour (eg. 12:00, 13:00, 14:00). Then a server #2 that rotated to booking on the half hour every hour (eg. 12:30, 13:30, 14:30). :thumbsup:

Then if some cleaver person could write a programme that could monitor those servers and store the stats to view that would be awesome!! :whistling:

I'm now getting used to the booking system too. If you want to just pop onto a public server just turn the booking only filter on, to list only the servers accepting bookings. ;)

If there was a schedule you could look at somewhere it would make it easier to plan joining servers. You would then know what times the booking will be available. Let's say RaceDepartment had a server #1 that rotated to booking on the hour every hour, you will then know that you can get into the server lobby and get ready to book that server #1 on the hour (eg. 12:00, 13:00, 14:00). Then a server #2 that rotated to booking on the half hour every hour (eg. 12:30, 13:30, 14:30). :thumbsup:

Then if some cleaver person could write a programme that could monitor those servers and store the stats to view that would be awesome!! :whistling:

I guess with the moddability of the interface what you wish for is totally possible ;)

I am more worried about the collisions and the pits ^^ Collisions are really nuts right now.. And
some people are flickering !!!

But I am having a lot of fun anyway, I just hope everything will be completed soon, and that great mods will come to complete the game if Kunos doesn't !!

Had my first runs yesterday evening on some french servers, because they only had around 3 mins booking time and then race. Regarding technical implementation by Kunos I have to say I´m very impressed with what they have done, thumbs up. If this is MP Beta I can´t wait for the finished stuff.
For driving on public servers.... meeh we all know what it´s like.
But I was surprised .... after the first corner wreckers drove their cars into oblivion and the rest of the guys not really interested in racing, crashed their cars on some random spot on the track it was very smooth and clean racing. So all in all I really enjoyed my first 3 hours mp with Assetto Corsa.
I think that cars are a bit touchy to collisions. I slightly connected to one guy driving in front of me in the fast chicane on monza and he spun off immediately like crazy and my car went in for some 1280° spinoff as well.
But I would say that these are minor problems right now.
The MP UI needs some tweaking though like someone already pointed out earlier.

Good fun guys, if some of you prefer a public server and meet up there I would be glad if you post so I could join in.

Cheers

Hehe :D

But seriously, if there's a guy that keeps on ramming people race after race, he must be bannable, so that he is unable to ever join again.
Absolutely agree. I reckon there should be a sin-bin of sorts for those borderline cases where someone just isn't very good and causes accidents via spin-offs or collisions on track re-entry but without malice or intent apparent. I reckon racing backwards might be proof beyond reasonable doubt though :)

If you had groups of servers they could funnel those players towards a sin-bin server where others could even get training from ghost cars etc to elevate them.

Overall I've enjoyed multiplayer so far. First couple of days it was hard to race close to others because they were jittering all over the place but it settled down now thankfully. Driving standards haven't been great though to be honest, lots of T1 carnage, punting, spinning and carelessly rejoining the track but its to be expected.

Most annoying bug is constantly being blown into the air like I drove over an IED, on the main straight at the start of races well before even reaching T1. Dont know if its down to messed up hitboxes but someone always drives into my side and bang Im gone.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 12 14.0%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 33 38.4%
  • Saturday

Votes: 46 53.5%