April fools day threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Hope to have more info tomorrow after I have spoken to Ramon after reading an email i've received on our RD account. Weird stuff so far, can't completely figure it out without the help of the wizard but it looks very interesting!

Last weekend we were contacted by a person who wishes to stay anonymous. This person claimed to have a developer version copied from a dev presentation pc.

Yesterday we received the download link for it but it was not yet possible to immediately start. Clearly we saw the right image but it came with a lot of errors and failed to start.

At the moment we are trying to make it work. If we succeed we will make an installer to make it easy to share it here at RaceDepartment so all members can give this developer version it a try.
Of course we have to be careful not to cross any legal boundaries as we don't want to jeopardize the release of the full version of course.

The folder structure is somewhat different from what we know from the old version, but we can clearly see there are two layouts and three machines to choose from.

Fingers crossed if we can get it to work.

Update:
Okay it starts. Menu is sort of what your are used from in the old version. Only things are named otherwise and on a different spot.

I cannot yet go further because it crashes. And from the main screen gives me an error when I quit.
At least good progress is made.

Okay, I could isolate the problem when I click want to start. There seems to be a videocard conflict on my card (AMD). However a vidman.cpp is available in the support folder. But I have no experience how to compile this file yet.

I would not worry about ISI. Do any of you think that for one moment that Bram would use some think that is illegal. Come on peeps. It would have come from with in ISI in the first place. You cant just hack into there servers and take what you like. It will have come from them most probably because RD has worked to support rFactor for a long time and ISI would have seen it. It will be a good will thing.

I cant wait to try it been look foreword to this for so long :)

I don't see what we do wrong. Its not us that took if from a pc. It was sent to us and we (actually Ramon) so far only took a look on the machines and layouts.

The moment we host the file on RD its another story, but we don't own megaupload hahah :)

Big thanks to Ash Webster for sending me a pm with help about how to compile a .cpp. One can learn someday isnt it? Thanks.
It is actually starting on my laptop (AMD graphics inside) on Windows XP. With keyboard I could start one of the layouts and it looked better than expected. This version is very very long and I will not spoil the fun for now in telling which layout. :)

But on my game PC, also AMD graphics but Windows 7 it is not working yet. Tried compatibility mode and admin privileges but no luck so far. Also no logging. I can start but nothing happened. Anyone knows how to figure this out? Eventlog tells me nothing, and I don't see any logfiles in the install folder also.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back