Anyone waiting for the 3080ti ??

They can charge higher prices, and I guess as there's no real competition in the market so there's not much consumers can do about it. We just have to accept it.

Companies can take advantage of market short falls, but they are also gambling a bit that they won't lose customer long term. The default isn't always to take advantage of customers for short term gain, many companies that have to work hard for their customers put happiness and loyalty over short term gain. OCUK has absorbed all the costs that price increases have put on the cards they had already sold.
I'd say with how things are going, companies won't "lose" customers, but instead the few companies who still honour the original prices will gain customers, long term.

With the store I bought the 2 TUFs at it's difficult though.. They honoured my original orders but if cards become in stock every now and then, they are higher priced than at the competition so.. meh...

"The customers" could do a lot about it, but "we customers" are split into "I'd pay 2k for a 3070" and "I'll wait for original msrp prices".

So I'd correct your statement to "Not much the non-stupid or non-rich customers can do about the rest of the customers buying the cards even at currently inflated prices".

Although it would be quite interesting to see people "rioting" their way into nvidia headquarters similar to what happened at/in the white house :whistling:

I'm describing these outbursts as my graphics card period. About once a month I get annoyed about my lack of graphics card and go on a rant taking it out on other people. :laugh:

I can spend the rest of the month telling myself it's just a card, I don't need it, better things to worry about.

I think they went from "3080 performance +5% with 20gb" to "3090 performance with only 12gb".

If the rumors are true... Gonna be interesting what the price will be.
Had a look last week:
Asus tuf 3070 = 889€ at the same Shop I've bought mine in November for 679€...

I thought I would've made one the worst bang for buck deals I ever did and did kinda regret to have bought it.

Now it seems I made the best hardware call ever lol.
3060ti was better bang for buck but I could only get an msi ventus 2x for 510€ and gave it to a friend. Cooler too loud for my taste...
(he told me to buy one if I can get one and he would either take my 3070 or 3060ti for what I paid for them)

Since then you can't buy anything here in Germany Oo at least not for similar prices...
FWIW, I think this isn’t on your shop.
I bought an MSI Gaming X Trio 3070 in November for $700 after tax. Basically $630 USD MSRP.
When I sold it after I got my 3080, the exact same 3070’s MSRP was $1000 after tax. The shop I buy from, I know the owners. They only tack on 15% markup, mining or not (because if they try to raise prices, they’ll lose their non mining customers and go out of business, they went through this last time a mining boom happened and the loyalty lost almost cost them their business, had to close two locations).
They told me MSI directly raised the prices. Even Best Buy in the US, the MSI and Gigabyte cards all rose to $1000+ before taxes.

Will I consider a 3080Ti ? Possibly.

Now that I'm running DCS flight simulation, I would love to turn up the settings past where my 2080Ti can go. Right now my experience in iRacing and Dirt Rally 2.0 and every other title I run is fine. If I were using ACC I would also likely be similarly motivated.

I've seen a number of YouTube videos explaining that BitCoin and Ethereum are becoming more expensive to mine making them less profitable and making it so that specialty built hardware will be the only profitable way to mine and make money in the near future.

If that is the case the market may change. We also have the country opening up and people might start to spend money traveling and doing other things.

Fingers crossed.

Will I consider a 3080Ti ? Possibly.

Now that I'm running DCS flight simulation, I would love to turn up the settings past where my 2080Ti can go. Right now my experience in iRacing and Dirt Rally 2.0 and every other title I run is fine. If I were using ACC I would also likely be similarly motivated.

I've seen a number of YouTube videos explaining that BitCoin and Ethereum are becoming more expensive to mine making them less profitable and making it so that specialty built hardware will be the only profitable way to mine and make money in the near future.

If that is the case the market may change. We also have the country opening up and people might start to spend money traveling and doing other things.

Fingers crossed.
It’s amazing that many people feel if they can’t run a game at max detail at 100 FPS, the MUST get a faster video card at any cost.

It’s amazing that many people feel if they can’t run a game at max detail at 100 FPS, the MUST get a faster video card at any cost.
More like seeing reflections being dull, shadows flickering and popping in and geometry morphing around in your focus.

For some games it works well to turn down settings, for other games not so well.
So it depends on how the game works you wanna play the most and what's your experience.

I for example can live with "oldish" looking graphics as long as nothing flickers or pops around in my vision or some parts become looking so bad in comparison to the overall game, that it becomes immersion breaking.

Or, ofc you're so amazed by some details, that you really want to have them. Flight Simulator really gains a lot when pushing the settings.

But I also agree with you.. Many people who could max out everything when their GPU was fresh feel de-satisfied, when they can't anymore, no matter if the immersion and look of the game changes or not...

You do understand I'm running a Valve Index in VR and I don't use flat screens.

In VR the GPU load is much higher. And you are way off as far as DCS goes.

In iRacing I can run with minor tweaks to the settings and get a fantastic VR experience even at 120fps on some tracks. In Dirt Rally 2.0 with minor tweaks to the settings I get a very solid 90fps that is excellent.

So all is good in my sim racing titles and all of my room scale titles without exception.

However in DCS they now have beautiful highly realistic clouds, very highly detailed cockpits and lots of terrain data. I'm NOT trying to max the settings. That wouldn't be an option even with a 3090. I just want to see more of the great things it can do. Right now I can see individual things that look fantastic by themselves, but I can't get them all together. And yeah I'm running at 150% super sampling so the cockpits are crisper. So shoot me for that!

So this is not for bragging rights or just to set everything to Max, this is to see what I've seen together rather then compromised as a group.

As an example I have shadows turned off completely right now, because I love the new clouds. The shadows at lower settings look bad.

Last edited:
Damn what you just said crushes me, emotionally.
My nephew wants to be a pilot, he has plans to go into ROTC. My mom got him an Oculus Quest 2 and he asked me what he can do to run DCS in VR because his the game said his PC wasn't powerful enough. I thought maybe I could get him a 2070S or 2080 when mining crashes later this year... But it sounds like even that won't be enough.

Damn what you just said crushes me, emotionally.
My nephew wants to be a pilot, he has plans to go into ROTC. My mom got him an Oculus Quest 2 and he asked me what he can do to run DCS in VR because his the game said his PC wasn't powerful enough. I thought maybe I could get him a 2070S or 2080 when mining crashes later this year... But it sounds like even that won't be enough.

DCS is currently the most demanding title I have. You can get it to work with less of a graphics card. You just need to drop the settings. You might turn off the new clouds and shadows and a few effects. It can be done. Also the Oculus tends to have very good interpolation and runs slightly more efficiently.

DCS is extremely realistic.

Now that I have a 3070... I am waiting for 3080ti.

Wanting new stuff never goes away does it :p
tenor.gif

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes