Anyone waiting for the 3080ti ??

Greed? Doesn't nvidia owe it to their stock holders to maximize profit and maintain a healthy company? Its not like they are selling babies milk to people that can't afford it.
No but they are building up a lot of ill will against their company in the process of building those profits. It still comes off as putting short term gain above the long term reputation of the company. There will be no brand loyalty for Nvidia, if another product come close to matching Nvidia performance everyone will jump ship. At the moment they can act the chad because they are the best, that probably won't last.

Nvidia have set the market up for competitors to steal their throne. I'll be watching AMD cards with interest and will probably change over next generation if performance is pretty close.

No but they are building up a lot of ill will against their company in the process of building those profits. It still comes off as putting short term gain above the long term reputation of the company. There will be no brand loyalty for Nvidia, if another product come close to matching Nvidia performance everyone will jump ship. At the moment they can act the chad because they are the best, that probably won't last.

Nvidia have set the market up for competitors to steal their throne. I'll be watching AMD cards with interest and will probably change over next generation if performance is pretty close.
I think they can always adjust prices and most people will buy based on value regardless of pricing history. I don’t think there will be any significant side effects of pricing higher now as a result of high demand.

I think they can always adjust prices and most people will buy based on value regardless of pricing history. I don’t think there will be any significant side effects of pricing higher now as a result of high demand.

Historically Intel has used that philosophy.

They would introduce chips at a price point and following AMD's product announcements they would frequently try to kneecap AMD in key areas by dropping the pricing on specific CPU's.

However they have lost their edge and are regrouping as fast as they can. As the only CPU manufacturer who owns and operates FABs in the US they are taking a lead on building new FAB's to help manage meeting the demand for the US manufacturing base to help safeguard national security. They will likely have government incentives to do this, but building FABs is extremely expensive.

Based on previous experience with Intel's Windows drivers,
I expect much aggravation for early adopters.
Ideally, Intel and AMD would collude on open source drivers;
given GPU ASIC economics moat, closed source drivers are just paranoia.
I guess different people have different experiences with Intel hardware and software.
For me personally, I have never had a single issue with any Intel driver.
Last driver issue for any bit of hardware (non Intel by the way).. was probably four years ago.

Last edited:
Intel Windows drivers? What hardware type are we talking about?
Many Intel + Asus/Gigabyte/AsRock builds in the circle of friends and none of us ever had any issues.
Nvidia screwed up a few times but another driver always solved it.
Meanwhile, 2 of 3 AMD GPUs had issues... unstable, broken freesync..

Next build is gonna be a Ryzen CPU though. Just for the sake of it, appreciating the competition!

And just to make us even happier, it's looking like the next generation of GPU's from Nvidia and AMD are likely to be delayed at least 3 months later from their typical 2 years version cycle. The upside is that they "might" end up being based on 5nm technology which should allow for a pretty big increase in performance while dropping power consumption.

I have a feeling that unless something breaks I may be living with what I've got for a bit longer than I was expecting.

Last edited:
I have a feeling that unless something breaks I may be living with what I've got for a bit longer than I was expecting.

Same here. I'm just not in the mood to participate in or contribute to that world of greed and despair.

I think I can make do with my rig for a while, despite its hilariously-inadequate 2080ti and pathetically-meager 9900k. I'm going to wait, and wait, until Nvidia and AMD comes crawling to me on their hands and knees, plaintively offering their wares at steep discounts, and abjectly begging me to finally buy! That will teach them! I will win! HAHAHA! :rolleyes:

Same here. I'm just not in the mood to participate in or contribute to that world of greed and despair.

I think I can make do with my rig for a while, despite its hilariously-inadequate 2080ti and pathetically-meager 9900k. I'm going to wait, and wait, until Nvidia and AMD comes crawling to me on their hands and knees, plaintively offering their wares at steep discounts, and abjectly begging me to finally buy! That will teach them! I will win! HAHAHA! :rolleyes:

I've found my i9-9900K + 2080Ti pairs very well with the Valve Index and while I'm not itchy, I expect that eventually a VR headset will be released that will make me itchy and when that happens my 2080Ti won't be able to push it as well as I would like.

Intel's Windows drivers
Early Intel GPU driver issue (stutters):
IntelGPU.jpg

It turns out the 3080 Ti is readily available at my local Microcenter stores in Ohio and Michigan. They also seem to be getting a decent number of non-Ti 3080's however they had no non-Ti's during my recent. They did have a boat load of Ti's.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.