Anyone waiting for the 3080ti ??

Seeming I have waited so long for my Ryzen 5900X delayed yet again, and I have not got a GFX I'm edging towards a 3080ti but seems like I'll have to wait for a good few months.

Is anyone else holding out for the 3080ti ? let's hope it's not a myth.

Think that the only way to reliably get this generation of tech (processor and/or GPU) is to purchase a pre-built system. Custom rigs will be pricier but there are some prebuilt 5900/3080 systems for around $2500. Still a month wait but at least obtainable without massive mark-up price gouging.

Lowest Mark-Up
iBuyPower
CyberPower

Reasonable
Maingear

Overpriced but quality build
Origin
AVA Direct (most options)
Falcon Northwest
Digital Storm

Avoid
Alienware

It depends!
If the price is a whole lot more than the current RTX3080...then no.
It is sad how shortages and price hikes have some folks resorting to buying a computer at say...Costco...then taking it apart to get the graphics card and selling the remaining components.
In many cases, the leftover components are covering the overall cost and in some, exceeding it.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Considering you can’t buy a non-ti today, I assume you would not be able to buy a ti for 6 to 9 months.
This, realistically if it's announced in February, best case scenario reasonable availability would be end of summer.
I'll just upgrade 3080 if VRAM will be holding me back and if I get my hands on one (3080) by that time. LOL :roflmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m waiting on the 3080ti as well. After purchasing a faulty 3090 and being told there is a 2-3 month wait for a repair or replacement, I’m thinking the 3080ti will fit the bill and be much cheaper @ ~$1000

If it takes that long I'll probably have enough saved for a 3090, but finding a good price well if that what you can call it isn't easy, but I'm ready to pounce if I find a MRSP deal, I have three new 1440p screens that are looking for some power that my RTX2080 will be made to kneel and cry

Reactions: CC
If it takes that long I'll probably have enough saved for a 3090, but finding a good price well if that what you can call it isn't easy, but I'm ready to pounce if I find a MRSP deal, I have three new 1440p screens that are looking for some power that my RTX2080 will be made to kneel and cry
Yeah plenty of poke this 3090 I have it don’t hang about
17004444-9030-4FBF-9729-2AD1F0B0EC93.jpeg
3D0E6EC1-746A-4B23-811F-5615B28D6441.jpeg

I'm not that sure about the 3080 ti becoming so rare like the non ti...
I rather have the feeling that they have enough 3090's and 3070/60ti chips but they simply don't make enough "slightly faulty 3090's" to build 3080's.

The 3080ti will use the 90's chip though so my guess is that they'll have enough 90's produced to meet demands in February and therefore put the 80 and 90 productions onto the 80 ti..

In any case I've got a tuf 3070 which is awesome, although I paid 679€ (msrp is 529 afaik).
Doing some spreadsheets, a 3080 would be "okay" to cost 854€ while the 3060ti may cost up to 584€.
I'll "be fine" with max 999€ for the 3080 ti.

Btw I have a tuf 3080 pre-ordered since September for 839€, which might be delivered at some point next year or maybe never..

With the current prices (60ti = 600+ and 70 700+) im extremely relaxed right now.
My 70 runs everything well enough but not quite how I'd like it for 600€+ but I'll simply sell it next year...

Pulled the trigger in an rtx 3070. 780 euro including the 60 for delivery from germany to ireland. Anything rtx is impossible to get here. A 3060ti was working out at 630 delivered so made sense to go for the 3070 i think. I've only a single 1440p monitor and an i5 cpu at the moment so don't plan on upgrading the gpu for at least a year, probably more. Hopefully 3080 ti will be giving 3090 performance for reasonable money by then...

Last edited:
Pulled the trigger in an rtx 3070. 780 euro including the 60 for delivery from germany to ireland. Anything rtx is impossible to get here. A 3060ti was working out at 630 delivered so made sense to go for the 3070 i think. I've only a single 1440p monitor and an i5 cpu at the moment so don't plan on upgrading the gpu for at least a year, probably more. Hopefully 3080 ti will be giving 3090 performance for reasonable money by then...
Which specific model did you get?

According to my 85% spreadsheet benchmarks, which fit to the benchmarks from known websites, the 3060ti would be the same price/performance at 663€.
I'd say 33€ "premium fee" to get the bigger card is definitely worth it!

But a big "ouch" for that price... On the other hand: still a lot less than the 2080ti was last year :p

Last edited:
Which specific model did you get?

According to my 85% spreadsheet benchmarks, which fit to the benchmarks from known websites, the 3060ti would be the same price/performance at 663€.
I'd say 33€ "premium fee" to get the bigger card is definitely worth it!

But a big "ouch" for that price... On the other hand: still a lot less than the 2080ti was last year :p

I saved alot of beer money this christmas/new year so man maths said it is ok!

I nearly bought a 2070 super last october/november for 700 so decided to wait until after Christmas for an rtx..

Last edited:
AMD continues to shoot themselves in the foot.
The launch of the 6800 and 6900 series cards drew great interest given that despite using slower GDDR6 versus Nvidia's GDDR6X, there was more of it.
With Nvidia upping the ante in terms of VRAM capacity on cards that use GDDR6, AMD may find themselves between a rock and a hard place.
That increased VRAM coupled with the numerous additional features, may make the difference moving forward.
I suspect Nvidia will flood the market now that they can increase capacity.
Every sale of an Nvidia GPU represents one less for AMD.
AMD made a great product this time out and they know it.
Putting out an MSRP they know is not attainable coupled with limited quantities of OEM cards, is not good.
AMD may be a victim of greed this time out...much as Intel and Nvidia.

Last edited:
I have no idea what’s going on with AMD. Normally a huge supporter but:
My company sent me an iMac Pro for work so I no longer need my Hackintosh for work use meaning no longer need AMD GPU for Mac compatibility.
A few people here showed me that Nvidia does better in VR so I figured the performance difference in VR would make up for the lower normal gaming performance below the 6800.
But other stuff also gives Nvidia a huge advantage. I really like DLSS and RTX performance is much better.
RTX AI voice is also amazing for working at home.
But the biggest advantage? Availability.
AMD doesn’t sell as well in Japan as Nvidia does. And yet, there’s way more stock of 3070’s here than 6800’s. Amazon just opened orders for a January 21 shipment of RX 6800’s. The price? 95000¥, which works out to about $875. Now in Japan, you’re bound to pay more than US MSRP because Nvidia and AMD have a contract with only one (the same for both) distributor and that distributor likes to mark up the price. But for reference, my MSI Gaming X Trio 3070 was 75000¥ ($680) and low end 3080 (Zotac or Galaxy models) go for 105000¥ ($950). So basically the RX 6800 is closer in price to the 3080 than it is to the 3070. For less features...
I’d have to be a hardcore AMD only fan to justify getting a 6800 but not moving up to the 3080 for only ¥10000 more considering its more than that percentage faster and loaded with features.
AMD has some serious stock issues going on and it’s affecting their localized value in multiple markets. Hell for NYE sale there was a company selling two fan 3070’s for ¥59900. That’s almost 40% cheaper than the cheapest 6800! Sure it’s a two fan version, but I’m positive benchmarks will show that triple fans don’t offer performance benefits, just better sound and aesthetics and maybe load temps. But the reference 6800 is a jet engine anyway.
3080 Ti will most likely be available here in Japan for the same “non crazy” markup as usual. But 6900XT? Basically a unicorn. And a bad value when it does appear.

Seeming I have waited so long for my Ryzen 5900X delayed yet again, and I have not got a GFX I'm edging towards a 3080ti but seems like I'll have to wait for a good few months.

Is anyone else holding out for the 3080ti ? let's hope it's not a myth.

I'm not holding but I intend to get one when available.
In the meanwhile I'll settle with the 3080. Bought a MSI 3080 3X Ventus OC, but I'll return it back, since I got my hands on a Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme :D

• Deleted member 197115

EVGA already raised the prices 3080 FTW3 Hybrid shot from $819 to $899.
The good thing, they'll honor original price for those who's already signed up to waiting queue until April 16th.

How exactly China gets punished by us paying higher price? :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes