Anyone waiting for the 3080ti ??

It turns out the 3080 Ti is readily available at my local Microcenter stores in Ohio and Michigan. They also seem to be getting a decent number of non-Ti 3080's however they had no non-Ti's during my recent. They did have a boat load of Ti's.
Sounds like the people that waited might be about to pick up some bargains if there's a deluge of cards about to hit the market.

Sounds like the people that waited might be about to pick up some bargains if there's a deluge of cards about to hit the market.
Not really.. Or maybe if you paid inflated prices.
The 3060ti, 3070 and 3080 are basically gone from the market here in Germany, while you have free choice of 3060,3070ti,3080ti and 3090.
But the 3070ti still costs 200€ more than what I paid for my 3080.... (839€ to 1049€).

But at least they are available and they don't cost 1500+ anymore lol

Baby steps...

Lumber hasn't returned to "normal" pricing yet either, but it has been dropping.
It will probably be next year before lumber gets back to normal. We managed to end up saving a some money. We were getting our timber through a UK agent but now we've gone direct to the states, knocked almost 20% off the old prices, never mind the inflated prices.

You type in Lumberjack and gain 1000 wood.
Then you rush the base of the closest opponent and mine all their gold.
After going through all the ages, you'll easily be able to buy a 3090. One for each castle.

Sadly Age of Empires II was always cpu bottlenecked.

(sorry, random useless post. It's how I learnt my first English words as a kid :p)

Last edited:
GPU manufacturers and AIB have zero incentive to lower prices, now that they've seen what people are willing to pay.
Pricing will only go down and to a new 'normal'...after the market reaches a point of saturation.
That is still some time away given the queues of perspective customers currently waiting.
It wouldn't surprise me one little bit if these very manufacturers and AIBs aren't collabarating on the mining front to keep prices elevated.
How do people really think mining farms purchased thousands of card, when they themselves can't even purchase one?
How hard would it be to create artificial shortages in the consumer market to keep prices high?
Not very....
Mining companies are a 100% guaranteed customer, who will allow them to maintain their profit margins.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Prices jumped back in 2018 with 2080Ti, way before pandemic, shortages, etc.
MSRP to MSRP 30 series was a nice step down, even 3090 that was still cheaper than Titan RTX ($2.5k)

Artifical shortages only work if you either have a monopoly or setup a cartel, which would fall foul of competition law in many territories. Short to medium term I would agree we won't see prices revert to normal because the demand will still be there, long term, market forces will be market forces and I think we'll see prices revert to a reasonable level. Especially if Intel emerge as a third player in the market.

Last edited:
Artifical shortages only work if you either have a monopoly or setup a cartel, which would fall foul of competition law in many territories. Short to medium term I would agree we won't see prices revert to normal because the demand will still be there, long term, market forces will be market forces and I think we'll see prices revert to a reasonable level. Especially if Intel emerge as a third player in the market.
That Intel card is the one I personally am looking forward to most. It seems to check all the boxes based on what I know so far for my WMR. If the projected price remains reasonable, then that is probably the one I will get.

That Intel card is the one I personally am looking forward to most. It seems to check all the boxes based on what I know so far for my WMR. If the projected price remains reasonable, then that is probably the one I will get.
Hmm. I seriously doubt that Intel will have fully competitive cards+drivers until their second or third iterations have arrived, if even then. But I am pleased to see them try to break into the Nvidia+AMD duopoly.

Last edited:
Hmm. I seriously doubt that Intel will have fully competitive cards+drivers until their second or third iterations have arrived, if even then. But I am pleased to see them try to break into the Nvidia+AMD duopoly.
I don't expect it to be as fast as Nvidia or AMD's top offerings but it certainly won't be the slowest card out there.
If it is as fast as the 6800 non-XT or the 3070 and at a decent price and does WMR, I will get it for sure.
AMD with their insanely priced 6600XT, show where that market segment is headed.

I have been on the EVGA 3080 waitlist since the day after the release. Still no indication of when or if I will be allowed to buy a card. Last week I visited Microcenter and bought an EVGA 3080 Ti.

The FPS boost I received compared to my 2070 is what I expected. I am running triple 1440P displays and received a 2x FPS increase.

This is what I'm excited about.

Starting with my 20 series as a starting point
20 series 1.0 x 30 series 1.3 x 40 series 2.0-2.2 ( rumors ) = 2.6 - 2.86 x my current performance!

That is a pretty incredible jump! It makes me hopeful that the next round of enthusiast headsets will be designed around that level of power and finally give us the trifecta we have wanted since the beginning! ( high resolution, wide FOV, and fast frame rate )

• Deleted member 197115

Imagine if you wait for 50 series.
giphy.gif

Yes, THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!!!

But seriously we've been seeing 30% jumps for a while and they have become what we expect.

An over 100% jump in performance would be a massive thing.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Moving from 1080 to 3080 was quite substantial, but not enough to satisfy power hungry VR. Still can't get stable 90fps on G2 with image settings I'd like.
Flat screen, just turn everything to max in any title and 100+ fps on 4k.
VR needs to get smarter, single pass stereo, foveated rendering to only supersample center portion of the image for barrel correction, etc. Crude power won't do it, as even 2160x2160 it's still not a monitor quality, we need more pixels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moving from 1080 to 3080 was quite substantial, but not enough to satisfy power hungry VR. Still can't get stable 90fps on G2 with image settings I'd like.
Ya I tried some VR stuff over the weekend the only title that I was able to run on high settings was AC. But god, it took me a while to get it working with SOL, and it's an awkward title to use in VR.

ACC continues to be a pain. I saw very minimal improvements in that title. It's the sim I want to play but it's just so power hungry.

Even Half Life Alyx was throwing up warnings about running out of video memory which I wasn't expecting.

I fired up red dead 2 again and was able to pretty much max that out at 4K. Probably need to tinker with it a little to avoid slow downs in certain scenes but it worked well enough.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.