PC1 Anyone signed up to Project CARS?

As the topic title says it all really.

I have (as a Team Member - £22) so get new builds every Monday.

Been browsing the forums tonight and there is a helluva lot of work going on by all the behind the scenes folks and some of the imagery they are posting on their WIP stuff is amazing.

New build on Monday is bringing a WIP kart and fictional track and the Ariel Atom too. Also have Bathurst in the works, with Gumpert Apollo Sport and Caterham Seven Extralight T500.

Some content has fictional names (until the licensing has been sorted) so we have Connecticut Hills (Watkins Glen), Bologna (Imola), Aussie Hill (Bathurst), Nuke (Ariel Atom) to name but a few.

I was a little wary about signing up initially but am so glad I did now.

;-)

An to be honest, the people who will buy it are the people who are investing init now, who will have the game/builds anyway.
Where did you get that wisdom? Because it sounds like nonsense to me :) When released it will get reviews, ratings and it will be advertised and promoted just like any other game, and based on that people will or will not buy it.

Once the game is released to the general public I will give it a serious thought of purchasing. The game looks and sounds very good in the vids and most of the player feedback is very positive.
I'm still a bit nervous about input contorller lag after having bought Shift2 Unleashed. :eek: I have read many posts that the game is working on removing this legacy issue but it has not been fixed?
:confused:

Once the game is released to the general public I will give it a serious thought of purchasing. The game looks and sounds very good in the vids and most of the player feedback is very positive.
I'm still a bit nervous about input contorller lag after having bought Shift2 Unleashed. :eek: I have read many posts that the game is working on removing this legacy issue but it has not been fixed?
:confused:
They are still working on the input stuff, and they probably will be for the coming 1-2 months.

On my system I have very little input lag as judged by the reaction time of the on-screen steering wheel on my real wheel movements. I do have a powerful system (i7 2600K @ 4GHz, 8GB 1866MHz RAM, 2x HD6970) so frame rates are good which helps with input lag, but there seem to be some unknown variables at play a part as well so frame rates are not the only factor. This means that on less powerful systems the game can run well, too at the moment. But as said, in the next two months or so we should see good improvements in this area.

Joined today. It's not playable for me yet, until new computer. I have fps issue and a small input lag.

I just wanted to report how it is "playable" on my configuration:

pentium dual core e6600 3ghz
4gb ram
msi 4770 cyclone 512mb
windows xp home, 1280x1024

I turned everything low or off when possible and get 50-60 fps. But it's not smooth because of fps drops. I get the idea of how good the FFB is. Graphics if totaly terrible though. :) Will be experimenting later ... I knew that it wouldn't run good, but I wanted to support developers and tried it. It's not finished yet, so I have time for building new computer.

Is this really worth getting? as i dont' fancy paying for a game, that has input lag. (reminds me of shift)
That's the whole point. You're paying the fee to join up as Junior/Team/Senior etc. to become part of the ALPHA/BETA testing community. Any issues you find you are having with it you post on the appropriate forums so the guys behind the scenes can look at making the necessary modifications.

It's basically paying for the privilege to be a tester, but when the title finally goes gold and is sold as a finished article, dependant on the sales figures, you will see some sort of return on your investment. Otherwise you can just wait for the finished article and buy it then, based on reviews.

Just bought it yesterday and it's awesome, at graphics level :)

In physics... well, they're not bad, but can be better, it's just an alpha version, let's wait ;)

Done few laps with the caterham @ the hotlap competition and lol... without a good setup that caterham is undrivable! 1.19.2 my best without pushing a lot :D

Same here. I recently bought the most basic membership as I don't want nor need access to new builds each week.

As for the game, it certainly looks great but the physics are a work in progress as expected of an alpha. Lots of interesting posts in the WMD forums as well. Ian Bell doesn't hold back info or opinions.

Cheers.

I joined as a team member a few months ago and love be a part of a WIP. I can't wait for the next week to come so that I can download the newest version. It is a great experience to see the improvements they have made from one week to the next. They are getting the physics of each car better and better. The feel of the game on my G27 is fantastic, better than most other racing sims that I play. The only problem that I have is that so far C.A.R.S. is just another redundant "Racing Sim". It, so far, has nothing NEW compared to other race sims. I love there TEST track so you can get used to the changed physics of a car before taking it out on a new track. To all that are complaining "IT IS A WIP" not a finished product. Not only the cars but the tracks are also being refined. It's your chance to tell the developers what you see wrong that needs to be fixed or give them suggestions to add to the build. You are part of the team to help make a future game to satisfy your desires of what you want in a game.

I've been thinking of signing up to this but something keeps holding me back. I think i'l just wait for RF2 and see how this developes a few months from now.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back