PC1 Anyone signed up to Project CARS?

As the topic title says it all really.

I have (as a Team Member - £22) so get new builds every Monday.

Been browsing the forums tonight and there is a helluva lot of work going on by all the behind the scenes folks and some of the imagery they are posting on their WIP stuff is amazing.

New build on Monday is bringing a WIP kart and fictional track and the Ariel Atom too. Also have Bathurst in the works, with Gumpert Apollo Sport and Caterham Seven Extralight T500.

Some content has fictional names (until the licensing has been sorted) so we have Connecticut Hills (Watkins Glen), Bologna (Imola), Aussie Hill (Bathurst), Nuke (Ariel Atom) to name but a few.

I was a little wary about signing up initially but am so glad I did now.

;-)

Is this really worth getting? as i dont' fancy paying for a game, that has input lag. (reminds me of shift)
Also people have to stop looking at this as paying for a game so much as paying to get it developed, if there's somthing you don't like go on the forum and tell them. plus by getting involved at this stage there is potential for share in the profits of the game, you can help with and to some extent shape the development of the title. and while that's happening you get to use the title.

I've spent more money on titles in the past and gotten less out of them (Basically any NFS game since most wanted).

Hi everyone,
I would like to know how the game will perform on my system. But I could not get any information as a free registrer on the WMD forums because it does not allow you to view the whole forum if you are not a paid member. So, if the game does perform well on my system with AA on and no stuttering (60 fps), I will buy it. My specs:

i7 2630qm (2.9 ghz)
Geforce GTX 560M (seriously) OC'ed 1.5 GB
6 GB Ram
7200 RPM SATA II

Yes it is a laptop and I know laptops are not as good as desktops but as I am usually on the go I have no other choice. I appreciate any ideas, especially the ones from those who play on a laptop. Thanks.

Signed up 3 months ago as Junior Member, after 3 builds available as junior member I can say PCARS is very promisse game, physics are improving very much on the last build Developers really hear what you say, but needs to be a complete suggestions like report issue, details and what kind of improve should they done to the physics for solve it... it is very fun

Hello guys!

I've decided to buy one of the new racing simulators (rF2, Project CARS), but I can't choose which is well worth to buy. I know a lot of things about rFactor 2, but nothing about Project CARS. :)

So, can you write something about this game? How realistic it is? What kind of system does it need? How much does it cost? :)

Thank you for your help in advance! :)

25 euro's will give you access to pCARS weekly builds and the ability to post and create threads in the forum, which makes it quite a bit cheaper than rF2.

The most immediate and glaring advantage that pCARS has over rF2 is the graphics, the sim is just lovely to look at, utterly fantastic. Although its in a very early phase, the driving model already feels encouraging, to me at least, its also very interested to read the forums with Ben Collins (ex-Stig) providing interesting and detailed feedback which it appears that the developers are taking on board and actioning.

I personally enjoy driving the cars, especially the R18, I can tell thats there is some work to be done, but there are some very subtle effects in the physics which I think add quite a lot of immersion. For example, in the R18 as you brake for the corner and the aero load falls off the front of the car the front brakes will begin to lock up. Its little things like that that are done really well. Generally I find its a very satisfying drive, one which at the moment I prefer more than rF2. However, I think the physics, as they stand, would be considered 'arcadey' compared to iRacing for example, however, that does not mean we are driving anything like NFS Shift or Grid, the cars still remain a challenge to drive hard and at the limit, especially the R18 and the GP2, and indeed the historic F1 cars, the 80's turbo car is a monster and pCARS conveys the cars brutality exceedingly well.

Hope this helps.

25 euro's will give you access to pCARS weekly builds and the ability to post and create threads in the forum, which makes it quite a bit cheaper than rF2.

The most immediate and glaring advantage that pCARS has over rF2 is the graphics, the sim is just lovely to look at, utterly fantastic. Although its in a very early phase, the driving model already feels encouraging, to me at least, its also very interested to read the forums with Ben Collins (ex-Stig) providing interesting and detailed feedback which it appears that the developers are taking on board and actioning.

I like CARS (and not so much rf2), but you forget to mention THE (for me) difference. With rf2 you have multiplayer. Also the 10eur membership is more than enough the get a taste of it, if you find that you really need to post something, then upgrade.

However, I think the physics, as they stand, would be considered 'arcadey' compared to iRacing for example, however, that does not mean we are driving anything like NFS Shift or Grid, the cars still remain a challenge to drive hard and at the limit

I'm finding lately that a lot of people seems to think that realism is directly proportional to difficulty. I would have to disagree, I find some (such RF) overly touchy and very difficult to drive straight away. Now, making a competitive lap time should require days of training, but cruising around a circuit pushing at 90% should feel natural, if it doesn't, it is not realistic, its just more complicated than reality.

I like CARS (and not so much rf2), but you forget to mention THE (for me) difference. With rf2 you have multiplayer. Also the 10eur membership is more than enough the get a taste of it, if you find that you really need to post something, then upgrade.

Multiplayer is coming in a later build, and its not as if the rF2 multiplayer is even playable. rF2 as it stands is laughable and the lack of discussion from developers, or any indication where they are heading is massively worrying.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%