PC1 Anyone signed up to Project CARS?

As the topic title says it all really.

I have (as a Team Member - £22) so get new builds every Monday.

Been browsing the forums tonight and there is a helluva lot of work going on by all the behind the scenes folks and some of the imagery they are posting on their WIP stuff is amazing.

New build on Monday is bringing a WIP kart and fictional track and the Ariel Atom too. Also have Bathurst in the works, with Gumpert Apollo Sport and Caterham Seven Extralight T500.

Some content has fictional names (until the licensing has been sorted) so we have Connecticut Hills (Watkins Glen), Bologna (Imola), Aussie Hill (Bathurst), Nuke (Ariel Atom) to name but a few.

I was a little wary about signing up initially but am so glad I did now.

;-)

I am a junior member at Project Cars. I think the game will be fantastic. It's already fantastic now in my opinion.

Here is a vid I made:

oh god, the music! <quickly hits mute button>

Other than that it looks spectacular! :eek:
How is the AI performing in longer races? (passing, being passed, detection positions of other cars? etc.)
What type of wheel are you using? Do you detect controller-input lag?

thanks for sharing!
:)

oh god, the music! <quickly hits mute button>

Other than that it looks spectacular! :eek:
How is the AI performing in longer races? (passing, being passed, detection positions of other cars? etc.)
What type of wheel are you using? Do you detect controller-input lag?

thanks for sharing!

The AI fights back quite hard. Good positioning etc. Using a MOMO wheel No input lag at all on build 124 for me. I like the music. The FFB is very bad though. I'll wait until release.

I am an amature video maker, but this one, made by a pro is a bit better. Tell me that CARS does not look spectacular after watching this:

The AI fights back quite hard. Good positioning etc. Using a MOMO wheel No input lag at all on build 124 for me. I like the music.

I am an amature video maker, but this one, made by a pro is a bit better. Tell me that CARS does not look spectacular after watching this:

Thanks! Your vid is fine.
I like all of the music, too. However, at this point pCARS is still new to me so I like to hear the game sounds.

I just signed up as a junior member for now. How can you not be part of something like this?
Totally agree. It's going to be good. Makes RFactor 2 look like an old amiga game.

pcarnew4.png

pcarnew2.png

Yeah this is a lot of fun even at the alpha stage. The biggest reason I said "How can you not be a part of this" is because we actually can have a say in the development of the game. We are on the brink of a new way of game design and to usher it in with sim racing is a really cool thing.

To be honest for 8 quid it's a no brainer.

I am not sure yet how it is going to turn out, it definately feels a bit weird as it stands right now on the build I am on which is a.2 summat.

But it certainly has potential, and for Godss ake stop comparing it to RF2, theya re both coming at this from completely different places and RF2 is and always will be a game for modders, not normal play as this is.

Ok, I just tried something

Was in the sort of 60's F1 car, I am going round Watkins Glen yes?

I am turning the wheel nearly a full turn to go round most of the bends and i CAN NOT adjust the steering angle.

I can only adjust it in the car setup options, but it only goes up to a certain number.

EVERY time I come abck to the main menu and I try and adjust the rotation, as soon as I play the game it goes right back up to 1080? Why is this?

I have tried to save it? I ahve done a million things but every time I play a mod, it goes back to 1080?

Stupid bloody thing, that ia a glitch the size of Bournemuth right there for Gods sake

EVERY time I come abck to the main menu and I try and adjust the rotation, as soon as I play the game it goes right back up to 1080? Why is this?

I have tried to save it? I ahve done a million things but every time I play a mod, it goes back to 1080?

Stupid bloody thing, that ia a glitch the size of Bournemuth right there for Gods sake

This is a known issue, adjust the rotation slider with the keyboard and use shift to save. This should work. If not, calibrate the wheel and when it asks to turn to 90 degrees, keep turning the wheel until the desired lock is shown below and save.

Bram, cmon man!! I ahve been doing this for years lol!

Will try Mike, thankyou

Ok had a go at that, and to be honest it really doesnt seem to make any difference at all!!

The steering in the game is the ONLY issue, ut it is a big one, right now it feels absolutely awful and would make me take a game back if it was this bad.

I dont know why it is so bad, but it feels totally unrelated to the car and just very unlinear, as if the car is tracking itself rather than you doing anything to help it, really bad Im afraid

Interesting, I use a G25.

Only car so far I have felt is even close is the Atom, was just doing some nice lapping at Imola.

Feels great

Andy, do you play anoy other sims?

Momo is a very old wheel now to be honest, might not be affected by same things as a G25

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 262 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 173 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 169 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 128 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 231 13.6%