Anyone here got the recent OSW SW7C+, SW10C+, SW12C+ ?

Cosimo

Premium
These motors are rated at 7/10/12Nm peak torque. I'm wondering if that's too little, or where's the sweet spot. If you got one of those, leave a comment below. Thanks,

Like I said, I don't know it is just one guy but it appeared to be the case as everybody only talks about him.
And comparing this to any other CEO of a company that writes software is nonsense, normally the source code is stored in escrow so that it can be reached and used when something happens to the company.

I really do like the wheel and I am seriously considering purchasing one, I just want to get a better feel for the company I am dealing with, if there are multiple employees and he has this type of stuff sorted so we don't all depend on him I might just move forward.

Do you recommend the 10nm DD wheel or is the 7nm strong enough, I don't need absurd power, if it's about as strong as a midrange fanatec that is fine, I want the fidelity of a DD wheel.
I use 7 Nm one and I am pretty satisfied, no need more power... About the company - if you dont see it legit or something - better buy from other brand;) I am not Simplicity PR to convince you, just shared my oppinion:)

Upvote 0
I use 7 Nm one and I am pretty satisfied, no need more power... About the company - if you dont see it legit or something - better buy from other brand;) I am not Simplicity PR to convince you, just shared my oppinion:)

And I appreciate that, all I'm doing is trying to get a feel for the company and the stability, maybe I should have stated more clearly that I didn't know there was just 1 man working there but that is was only the impression I got from what I read online.

I'm still considering the purchase and I really to appreciate your input, so thank you for your reply's.

Upvote 0
Do you recommend the 10nm DD wheel or is the 7nm strong enough, I don't need absurd power, if it's about as strong as a midrange fanatec that is fine, I want the fidelity of a DD wheel.

That's exactly what I am interested in too, as a T500RS user. I just want something around the same power as my current wheel (about 4-5nm?) but with a lot less internal friction and better small-bump fidelity. I had considered a CSW v2.5 but it seems like a lot of expense for a marginally better wheel than my T500RS.

Does anyone know how the CSW v2.5's encoder compares to the two options available for the Simplicity wheel?

Oh, and I use a Wheel Stand Pro too, so the low torque is also a must in terms of mounting.

Upvote 0
That's exactly what I am interested in too, as a T500RS user. I just want something around the same power as my current wheel (about 4-5nm?) but with a lot less internal friction and better small-bump fidelity. I had considered a CSW v2.5 but it seems like a lot of expense for a marginally better wheel than my T500RS.

Does anyone know how the CSW v2.5's encoder compares to the two options available for the Simplicity wheel?

Oh, and I use a Wheel Stand Pro too, so the low torque is also a must in terms of mounting.

Exactly, power is fine, it's about speed, accuracy and friction, the 7nm is very attractive price wise.
I do feel like a wheel with button box is disproportionately expensive. This isn't sim-plicity's fault, but it's a little weird that the cheapest wheel and buttonbox combo is such a large chunk of the total while you can get a basic fanatec wheel for around 200, I'm hoping somebody has a wheel + buttonbox combo (I don't need a lot of buttons) that's closer to 250 euro than the 350 i'm seeing as the lowest price now.

edit: quick question, will this work (I mean fit) on the simplicity dd base?
https://www.simracingcoach.com/en/contenido/conversion-aros-thrustmaster-osw/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
"Let's put it in more realistic/relateable terms - for a 280mm steering wheel, the positional resolution of each system at the wheel's circumference (outer periphery) is as follows:

Logitech G27 @ 798- 936 ppr = .043" - .037" or 1.09mm - .94mm

Fanatec CSR @ 1,064 ppr = .0325" or .83mm

Fanatec CSW V1 @ 1,638 ppr = .021" or .53mm

Fanatec CSW V2 @4,096 ppr = .0085" or .22mm

Accuforce @ 16,000 ppr = .0022" or .056mm

Bodnar @ 10,000 ppr = .0035" or .088mm
I could not find what is the resolution of CSW V2.5

Upvote 0
So the 'standard' 7nm would have a positional resolution of around 0.352mm (2500 ppr vs 10000 ppr of the Bodnar) - I can live with that! :):thumbsup:
SW7C non+ is the best option I think...Special for + or non + versions Ollie told me that if SW7C and SW7C+ stay mounted next to each other - he cant say which is which - no matter how long will test them;) That speaks enough...and if someone asked _ what is the point to have + version then? Well - Simplicity must be in the line with all modern standarts like other brands .:)

Upvote 0
Exactly, power is fine, it's about speed, accuracy and friction, the 7nm is very attractive price wise.
I do feel like a wheel with button box is disproportionately expensive. This isn't sim-plicity's fault, but it's a little weird that the cheapest wheel and buttonbox combo is such a large chunk of the total while you can get a basic fanatec wheel for around 200, I'm hoping somebody has a wheel + buttonbox combo (I don't need a lot of buttons) that's closer to 250 euro than the 350 i'm seeing as the lowest price now.

edit: quick question, will this work (I mean fit) on the simplicity dd base?
Dont wanna share something before it is ready, but because you are in search fro proper rim/button box - let say something ultra cool is coming like Simplicity add on and will be plugged to wheel`s base:) Forgot to say on insane price, by insane I mean insanely great for us customers;)

Upvote 0
Dont wanna share something before it is ready, but because you are in search fro proper rim/button box - let say something ultra cool is coming like Simplicity add on and will be plugged to wheel`s base:) Forgot to say on insane price, by insane I mean insanely great for us customers;)

Hmm, that sounds interesting.
Do you know when this will be released?
Also, is the rim mount all versions 70mm?

Upvote 0
Hmm, that sounds interesting.
Do you know when this will be released?
Also, is the rim mount all versions 70mm?
In general in gaming world the phrase is : "Its is released when is released!" But beside this truthfull statement the add on "must" pop before the end of this month, which is soon IMO...
What you mean "all versions 70mm"?
If you mean - are you able to mount every rim bolted on 70mm, perhaps yes, unless the design of the spokes is not some extraordinary and is on the way of buttons...:)

Upvote 0
In general in gaming world the phrase is : "Its is released when is released!" But beside this truthfull statement the add on "must" pop before the end of this month, which is soon IMO...
What you mean "all versions 70mm"?
If you mean - are you able to mount every rim bolted on 70mm, perhaps yes, unless the design of the spokes is not some extraordinary and is on the way of buttons...:)

It was about this adaptor, would this fit the simplicity dd wheel?

Upvote 0
From what I see this adapter bolts on 70mm, so it will be compatible to be bolted on Simplicity hub you receive with the DD wheel...Maybe you have some TM rims to want this adapter?

Used TM rims are cheap and have a build in button solution, I might use this DD wheel with a TM rim to start out but you peaked my interest in the simplicity solution that is coming later that might be an even better solution. It good to know that this adapter should fit so TM rims can be used, that makes the entry pricepoint for this DD solution even lower. I don’t need a Fanatec CSL now, this is affordable to me so I will wait until the end of the month and see what simplicity will come with and decide what to get. Thank you again for the information.

Upvote 0
I'm looking to buy a compact DD, maybe the 10nm, but I wanted to know if it was true about their overheat issues and if they works with ETS2.
Cheers
The 7 Nm versions like mine getting very hot in racing games with strong FFB settings...every bigger motor like 10 Nm and 12 Nm get hot slower than mine...this is not overheat issue...just if you touch the motor is very hot. The Compact line work with ETS2 and at this moment I dont know even one title that dont work. Also on ETS2 I doubt the wheel will get very hot, because the nature of the game and the FFB in it.

Upvote 0
When doing some research you’ll find that these MIGE motors are industrial motors designed to operate at high temperatures for thousands of hours before degrading.

Obviously a 30Nm motor will never heat up and show little or no degrading, a 7 Nm will heat up and start degrading after a few thousand hours of really intensive use.

When using these motors for FFB: the heat issue should not be a problem.......even when racing hours..

Upvote 0
Did you find any issues on the FFB from the overheat of the base? Are these base able to race for 2 hours straight?
Never had problems with the FFB - you can race as much as you want from my experience...FFB never changes and fade....those motors are made to work hot and Sim-plicity had this in mind, thats why this is not issue, just something that is different from bigger motors. As the small motors was invited from Sim-plicity to join the DD line - we gotta accept that they become hot;) Ofcourse thats my personal experience, but never heard from other owners that heat is involved in some problem with the wheel.:)

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea