Anyone here got the recent OSW SW7C+, SW10C+, SW12C+ ?

Cosimo

Premium
These motors are rated at 7/10/12Nm peak torque. I'm wondering if that's too little, or where's the sweet spot. If you got one of those, leave a comment below. Thanks,

Hi All,
I'm really interested in purchasing the SW7C but still undecided whether to take this, or the SW7C+ version. Is the more resolution decoder really worth the price difference?

SW10 is out of the question, as I keep the budget as low as possible due to import tariff. And I currently have T500RS, and that's already more than enough power for me.
Hello, I have SW7C...it will be naive to say that better part is not better - I mean for the encoder...but I can say that ingame you cant see the difference, I spoke with Ollie for that ....if the non + was worse to use - he will not have non + versions at all...he doing + version to be up to date with encoder evolution - if he was with non+ versions only ppl will say Simplicity wheels are outdated stuff;) My advice - buy rim for the money of the + or buy SW10C instead of SW7C+ :) I am more than happy with SW7C, but you know cant dissagree that few more Nm are good to have just incase if you dont wanna be on the minimum. For me 7 Nm do the job great!:)
Just to say that I can sell my SW7C here in my country any day and to buy SW7C+ or SW10C if I want....sometimes people defend what they have...in my case I keep what is good for me, for its price.:)

Upvote 0
Thanks! SW7C it is then :)

From Sim Racing Paddock, he gotten an extension. I'm not sure where to get this extension, and whether it's available in my country. So my next question would be: is an extension really necessary?

Edit: I'm coming from a consumer T500RS plug and play/ready to use Wheel. And I'm not familiar with Real Life steering wheel, as my car always use stock wheel :)

Upvote 0
Thanks! SW7C it is then :)

From Sim Racing Paddock, he gotten an extension. I'm not sure where to get this extension, and whether it's available in my country. So my next question would be: is an extension really necessary?

Edit: I'm coming from a consumer T500RS plug and play/ready to use Wheel. And I'm not familiar with Real Life steering wheel, as my car always use stock wheel :)
You dont need extension...it is not common accessory - some people use it...I dont have extension, but maybe will buy one , on some of my rims I preffer to have some space - it depens how deep goes the hub in the rim...you can check those in ebay they are cheap. If you see some guy commented in SRP video that this extension kills some of the power, so maybe is not so good to have;) Btw , I use good 3D Printed QR and works fine...if you are interested and plan to use more than one rims I can give you a link...the original hub is great that the wheel comes with it - rock solid. Just is not made to switch rims.;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can someone share their wheel settings on rfactor 2 with me please? I have a SW12C and the original settings the wheel comes with feel amazing on iRacing but pretty bad on RF2 I’ve spent a long time messing with them. Can’t seem to get it right. Sometimes I get weird grinding when turning the wheel and really bad vibration when I go down certain straights. It just doesn’t seem right to me. I loaded the rfactor 2 preset from Ollie for the in game settings.

Upvote 0
Hi. I've just bought a OSW from Augury (20Nm model). It comes without an emergency stop button, kill switch or whatever it's called. Do I really need it?

Also, any recommended setups for Assetto Corsa and Dirt Rally, both for Simucube and for the games themselves?

Thanx.

Upvote 0
Hi. I've just bought a OSW from Augury (20Nm model). It comes without an emergency stop button, kill switch or whatever it's called. Do I really need it?

Also, any recommended setups for Assetto Corsa and Dirt Rally, both for Simucube and for the games themselves?

Thanx.
There is a lot of force in a 20nm motor. And a servo motor can spin forever at great speed. It is a risk to use one without the emergency stop button.

For settings, try the Simucube creators games forums at Granite Community https://community.granitedevices.com/c/simucube/simucube-games
Lots of settings there for both Assetto Corsa and Dirt Rally.

Upvote 0

Thanx.
Why didn't you get an e stop? The augury should come with one. You 100% need one, all it takes is for a game to crash and you could be in a world of hurt.

Upvote 0
I am trying to find one so that I don’t have a to buy 2 quick releases for both my rims lol. If I only have to take 2 screws out each time to change rims, instead of the 6 screws on the hub that are hard to get to, I would be happy. One day I’ll pick up some QRs but I need something to hold me over while my wallet recovers.
I see, I use 3d printed QR and I am very happy with it...on SW7C - can`t say what will happens on SW12C:) Small kids - small problems, big kids - big problems;)

Upvote 0
I see, I use 3d printed QR and I am very happy with it...on SW7C - can`t say what will happens on SW12C:) Small kids - small problems, big kids - big problems;)

Haha I don’t have or know anyone with a 3D printer or else I would at least try. Another question do you play raceroom? Why does it feel so bad? Are my settings just messed up or is it the game? With the Group C cars coming and Porsche 964 cup I was really looking forward to purchasing until I played it last night. I get absolutely no feel of the road and the steering feels really weird off center.

Upvote 0
Haha I don’t have or know anyone with a 3D printer or else I would at least try. Another question do you play raceroom? Why does it feel so bad? Are my settings just messed up or is it the game? With the Group C cars coming and Porsche 964 cup I was really looking forward to purchasing until I played it last night. I get absolutely no feel of the road and the steering feels really weird off center.
I didnt tried Raceroom recently - after the last firmware updates...but I can remember that in november and december when I tested it - I was amazed how good behaves and how awesome is the FFB...I think that you gotta check some settings in the wheel and and ingame also...you know there are alot of settings there...try some stuff up and down...cant remember what I did - will test again,but I remember clear that this title had best FFB and I was amazed!;)

Upvote 0

Can you link which QR are you using?

I was interested in using one of these: https://opensimracing.com/products/evo-qr1
Which just clamps onto the shaft and locks provided you have a keyway, so you only need a wheel side QR per wheel, as opposed to base and wheel.

But the only ones in this style i've been able to find are suited to 130st size shaft which is 22mm diameter, our 80st compact series is a 19mm shaft.

Upvote 0
Can you link which QR are you using?

I was interested in using one of these: https://opensimracing.com/products/evo-qr1
Which just clamps onto the shaft and locks provided you have a keyway, so you only need a wheel side QR per wheel, as opposed to base and wheel.

But the only ones in this style i've been able to find are suited to 130st size shaft which is 22mm diameter, our 80st compact series is a 19mm shaft.
Here is the one I use:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Direct-D...m2ac691daf8:g:vyAAAOSwr~9cQ3uW&frcectupt=true
It is cheaper and for its price is insane - I have 3 of these...also, because we with SW7C dont have the metal key for the motor shaft - the QR is made with this in mind and work without need of the metal key!:)And ofcourse it is 19mm!;) I had small concerns only for the heat, but so far no problems...:)

Upvote 0
Krassi will this work with the 10Nm model?
As I presume you have same 19mm shaft - it will work, but my confirmation that is solid and works fine is for SW7C - every bigger motor model must be confirmed by you guys...who knows how far can go 3d printed QR?;) In general the guys from Canada sell 3d printed QR even for 20Nm wheels, but when I give my word on something I take this very serious and my recommendation is for SW7C and maybe with possibility for bigger motors. But if you ask like plug n play competibility - if you have the 19mm shaft it will work;)

P.S.
I use my maximum 7.2Nm, so if you use around those - then it will wotk fine,because it holds my torque fine!:)

Upvote 0
Here is the one I use:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Direct-D...m2ac691daf8:g:vyAAAOSwr~9cQ3uW&frcectupt=true
It is cheaper and for its price is insane - I have 3 of these...also, because we with SW7C dont have the metal key for the motor shaft - the QR is made with this in mind and work without need of the metal key!:)And ofcourse it is 19mm!;) I had small concerns only for the heat, but so far no problems...:)

Huh, that's pretty convenient! So it works without the keyway, i'm assuming the little square indent on the 3d print slots into the keyway cutout. I have actually received my keyway from Ollie, i requested it and it was included, but i guess i won't need it. I'm using 8nm with my sw10c+ so good to know it will hold up.

This is exactly what i've been looking for, if i ever get around to buying a formula style rim i'll pick up a couple of these.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back