[AMS2] F1 1991 Season

Skins [AMS2] F1 1991 Season 1.74

Login or Register an account to download this content
There's a problem here, when I get into the game I see the Jordan 191's preview has the sponser "tictac". But when I really start the race I find out that this car is the older version which ain't the late season version. What's the solution about it?
Edit: Yep there are different versions for the skins, not noticed.

Last edited:
Just bought Automobilista 2 only because of this mod. Just downloading it on Steam.

What Steam DLC's I must buy in order to get this mod fully functioning or is the base game enough?

Thanks.
Look into content with old tracks, like Imola, Hockenheim, Spa, Silverstone, Monza...
I'm not 100% sure what is already included in the base game so you need to cross check, but those tracks are so damn worth it as well.

Just bought Automobilista 2 only because of this mod. Just downloading it on Steam.

What Steam DLC's I must buy in order to get this mod fully functioning or is the base game enough?

Thanks.
Best would be to buy the season pass, otherwise you would need to buy following packs:

Historical Track Pack Pt 1
Hockenheim Pack
Monza pack
Spa Pack
Silverstone Pack
(The latter 4 are also available as Premium Track Pack including Nürburgring)

These DLC contain modern and historic versions of the tracks.

Last edited:
Thanks man. I will.

Got it figured out. I think the 1991 cars are the F1 Gen 4 cars.

Got the championship set up.

Only thing: Where can you activate the old points system: 9 pts for win, 6 for second, etc?

The driver name is also my own name. When I drive say, Prost, Hakkinen or Mansell, it'd be nice to see that real name on the grid.

Cheers. Great game. On par with AC F1 mods. The AI seems even better, also the kerbs behaviour.

Best would be to buy the season pass, otherwise you would need to buy following packs:

Historical Track Pack Pt 1
Hockenheim Pack
Monza pack
Spa Pack
Silverstone Pack
(The latter 4 are also available as Premium Track Pack including Nürburgring)

These DLC contain modern and historic versions of the tracks.
Thanks. Bought all those.

Enjoying the game a lot. I love the driving and AI is fairly good.

Some tracks like Phoenix and Hermanos Rodriguez, Hungaroring, Estoril and Magny Cours are still missing, right? I can live with that.

Phoenix is missing from the AC 1991 mod too. It was replaced with Detroit street circuit (which I love).

Took me a while to figure out that Monaco was there, with just different name Azure. :)

Last edited:

Thanks.
By the way, since you dive into the AMS2 goodness now, there's one more thing you should check out as well:
(for me the GT3, the Group C and the Group 5 alone are superb and really stand out, but all the rest is just as nice if you like the cars in general)

Last edited by a moderator:
A few days of playing now. The driving is a bit different from AC and ACC. Slides are way more forgiving and easily controlled though. When I took an old air cooled 911 RS to Monza it was much, much easier to drive than its equivalent on AC.

I think there is no general thing such as "some sim drives better than other". These are so good that it's almost like which car has been simulated better.

For example RUF Yellowbird's lack of traction on AC is exaggerated imho, it's better on a rF2 mod. Never drove a genuine Yellowbird of course but I've driven various air cooled 911's on the limit. I like the AMS2 version of 911 RS more.

I also liked the Porsche 911 GT3 (992) a lot on AMS2. Almost immediately I got decent laps on Nurburgring GT circuit. The driving was pleasant, much less oversteery and generally it's much easier to drive than on the ACC. Maybe I just can't set up my car on ACC. It's that constant tyre pressure thing which I don't particularly love.

Also there's quite a difference between the vintage F1 mods. AMS2 requires much more active steering all the time, whereas AC requires more precision. Both drive really well and both have excellent FFB's. AC F1 mods are amazing, but AMS2 ai is better. Stats and driver abilities are very well implemented on 1991 and 1988 mods.

Neither ai's are great though. The biggest sin (imho) on both is that they're not giving you room on corners during their slow qualifying lap, which is very unrealistic.

Funny, I was watching Satoru Nakajima's 1988 lap on Jacarepegua circut on Youtube and I noticed the driving looks very similar on the AMS2 1988 mod. Keeps your hands busy all the time.

PS: One more question: Where do you define how the championship format is executed? Now I have flying starts, wrong points system for 1991 and 1988 and also it has two races after QF round. These don't seem to be adjustable on the Champ menus or then I'm just an idiot and can't find 'em. Thanks and cheers.

Last edited:
Thanks. Bought all those.

Enjoying the game a lot. I love the driving and AI is fairly good.

Some tracks like Phoenix and Hermanos Rodriguez, Hungaroring, Estoril and Magny Cours are still missing, right? I can live with that.

Phoenix is missing from the AC 1991 mod too. It was replaced with Detroit street circuit (which I love).

Took me a while to figure out that Monaco was there, with just different name Azure. :)
Estoril is part of AMS2 (called Cascais).
You can choose any driver name you want. Just edit your profile name ingame.

Last edited:
Does anyone else have an issue where using included AI file both the McLarens of Senna & Berger are really slow off the line? There is no tyre smoke or wheelspin like with AI with really low start reactions. I have adjusted their start reactions to 0.999 and lowered Mansell, Prost etc down to 0.75 but they still absolutely obliterate the McLarens off the line every time. When I removed the AI file and used the generic names, Aires Silva and Gerard Bauer both left the line as well as all the other AI. I cannot see a reason for this.

I'm using AI 100 & Agression medium btw. Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

I will give this a try and let you know how it goes. Thank you for the advice & the file :)
I've found out that when I do any Content Manager settings to the ballast and restrictor, things will get weird during the season. I don't use ai files. I only use champs file settings where I adjust the driver abilities. I haven't noticed the same thing although I played three full seasons. Senna dominated all of them.

You can try my champs settings and see if you get the same issue.

Senna at 94 was enough for me to get my ass kicked on most races. All driver ratings are adjusted based on their season performance. More skilled players can adjust to their own liking.

Does anyone else have an issue where using included AI file both the McLarens of Senna & Berger are really slow off the line? There is no tyre smoke or wheelspin like with AI with really low start reactions. I have adjusted their start reactions to 0.999 and lowered Mansell, Prost etc down to 0.75 but they still absolutely obliterate the McLarens off the line every time. When I removed the AI file and used the generic names, Aires Silva and Gerard Bauer both left the line as well as all the other AI. I cannot see a reason for this.

I'm using AI 100 & Agression medium btw. Any help/advice would be much appreciated.
We are going to investigate

Awesome !
It is no less than great to see these cars drive again, and the typical helmets ... and the tabacco sponsors - I love it !

You see all of this is done with attention to detail, I can't thank you enough !!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.