AMS2 Beta Now Live | Development Roadmap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have revealed the future development plans for Automobilista 2 in their latest 'Development Roadmap' posting.

As many of you will already know, the full 'version 1' build of the much anticipated Automobilista 2 is set to release this March 2020. For those of us who backed the original Reiza Simracing Bonanza crowdfunding campaign above level 5, or purchased one of the many early access packs for the simulation - this Friday 28th will mark our first opportunity to lay hands on the new racing simulation from Reiza Studios.

With plenty of hunger from the community to learn more about what's in store both short and long term for the new title, Reiza Studios have released their latest roadmap posting giving gamers plenty of ideas about what we have to look forward to in the months ahead:

So it´s finally there! AMS2 Beta has now been released to Backers as we enter the final month of development before Automobilista 2 is officially release on March 31st - we are very excited to be able to share what we have been working on all this time
:)

In this final stretch we can finally begin sharing a little more not only about what the plans are for release, but also going forward - let´s get to it.

Beta Available - Proceed With Caution
So the first build of AMS2 Beta has been deployed - always a big satisfaction and relief to reach this milestone.

Although the gameplay, content and general functionality of the Beta builds should be pretty representative of what its release state will be like, the game is very evidently unfinished - there is a lot still to be a lot bolted on over the coming weeks.

With the imminent release of AMS2 Beta we´ve had a huge influx of new people through the AMS2 Early Backing Campaign over the past couple of weeks. While it´s great to see the interest in AMS2 - and the revenue boost this late in development is by no means unwelcome - we do want to stress that this is still an unfinished Game: there are bugs, compatibility issues with certain hardware, missing features and other such rough edges still to be ironed out. If you are looking for a seamless user experience we strongly recommend you hold out until March 31st when the game will be officially released.

Automobilista 2 FAQ
There's been a lot of questions posed over AMS2 development and we are finally at a point we feel we can offer reliable answers - check our AMS2 FAQ here. More will be added in the coming days.

Cars & Tracks - What's In So Far
Looking to give a bit more insight into the game and what it will feature, we have started this All Cars & Tracks topic showing all the content featuring in the current build of the game.

Please observe that the artwork illustrates cars and tracks which are present in the game now - not what there will be on release and beyond. We will continue to update it as we progress through the next BETA builds and continue on from release onwards.

Development Roadmap - To Release ad Beyond
As we´ve been regularly stressing in these dev updates, AMS2 is a long term project - the release next month will see development pick up even more pace as we enter and aggressive development plan that will see game updates along with new cars and tracks released in a monthly basis.

To give you all a glimpse of how things are going to pan out, here is what´s on store for the first 3 months following release:

AMS2 Roadmap.jpg

Upon release we hope to be in position to expand our public roadmap to cover the initial 6 months - that´s when things get really interesting
:)

We will continue to provide this foresight at least until the end of 2020 so users can have an idea about whats coming and when.- with the obvious caveat that roadmaps aren´t set in stone and things can always move around or change slightly.

Early Backer Campaign Wraps February 29th.

AMS 2 Header.jpg

As previously announced, the AMS2 Early Backing Campaign will close tomorrow 23:59 GMT. You will still be able to buy the combo of AMS2 + AMS2 Beta + AMS2 Season Pass for US$ 119.99 through our forum store, but the discounts for old backers and other perks from the EBC will no longer be included.

Pricing for the base game on relase has been confirmed @ US$49.99, bumped vs previously suggested US$ 39.99 as considerable additional base game content has now been confirmed.

In order to keep it a bit more affordable for early buyers, we have decided to launch AMS2 with a 20% discount over the first week from release, so at least for a little while the pricing will be inside the original plan.

That´s all for this month - it´s been a thrilling (and exhausting!) ride to this point and we are happy to finally be able to share with you a little more about where we are going with AMS2 - exciting times ahead!

Original Source: Reiza Studios.

Automobilista 2 will launch March 2020, with beta access starting February 28th.

Got questions about the sim? Be sure to start up a thread in the RaceDepartment Automobilista 2 sub forum and let our awesome community be your guide!

AMS 2 Roadmap 1.jpg

Last edited:
Off course #non_youtubers_opinions_matter but who reads nowadays? We need at elast 5 videos of each one of you:

AMS2 vs. AMS1
AMS2 vs. pC2
AMS2 vs. ACC
AMS2 vs. rF2
AMS2 vs. AC

(Don't forget to say in the video that it's early access and the next month many things can be improved in AMS2 even more).

I wish my post won't be berried in the sand of next posts.
AMS2 superior to AMS1, I can't go back to AMS
AMS 2 superior to pCars 2 about the FFB, but it lacks some iconic track and rallycross
AMS 2 vs ACC : ACC is superior about graphics and FFB and sound and AI.
AMS 2 vs rF2 : FFB, sound, damage, are superior in rF2
AMS 2 vs AC : AMS 2 is superior to AC about graphics, FFB, even if AC has Nordschleife, I will not play AC anymore...

I have deleted Raceroom, AMS, iRacing and Project cars 2 and AC
I only play ACC (the best), then AMS 2, and last rF2 but it's full of bugs.

Little notice, the sounds in AMS2 are just awfull, and it uses the same pCars 2 AI...

Last edited:
Trees don't flicker at all. They are done in completely different method than Project Cars 2 (and end up looking better, with zero flickering and faster FPS). Project cars had 3D trees, which ended up looking bad with rough LOD popping and shadow flicker (and big GPU cost). AMS2 trees are 2D with wind animation effect. Which means zero flicker and minimal stress on GPU + much more realistic, crisp and stabilized look in normal cockpit view. Only downside is that if you focus on looking at them (= driving blind, not looking at road) you will see subtle rotation, when the trees pass you.

Oooh, the wipers don't work. Are you aware that it is Beta? Also are you aware that Reiza wrote, that wipers don't work. No, because you didn't read anything they wrote. It's beta and they said wipers will work before launch, same goes for animated suspension arms, HUD and lot of things. AI is under development, which they also wrote, and you also didn't read. Sadly.

Woohoo that's awesome news indeed. Guess that means "gold version" for me as soon as the game is out

i9 9900K +2080ti and 1440p gsync : I have 144fps solo everytime.
With AI : 144fps with sun, +100fps with night/rain at start then it raises...
It's definitively less GPU demanding than pCars 2, I say about less 25%.
I'm sure it can handle +60fps at 4K ultra MSAA ultra every time.

Noted the recommended specs were an i9 9980xe and rtx 2080. Is anyone going to be able to play on the highest settings? I guess it uses a lot of cores.
I wondered about the requirements, they seem overshot. To me it feels the game is very well optimized, seems to run better than Project Cars 2 did... definitely runs better than most sims in VR, way better than ACC, possibly also better than Project Cars 2 because Reiza assets are lighter (cars are less detailed, trees are 2D)

With 8700K and 1080 Ti I'm able to play this on maximum settings, full grid, storm conditions, totally smooth VR, supesampling at 1.5 (might be able to push this even higher). No slowdowns... and this is just a Beta

Last edited:
I wondered about the requirements, they seem overshot. To me it feels the game is very well optimized, seems to run better than Project Cars 2 did... definitely runs better than most sims in VR, way better than ACC, possibly also better than Project Cars 2 because Reiza assets are lighter (cars are less detailed, trees are 2D)

With 8700K and 1080 Ti I'm able to play this on maximum settings, full grid, storm conditions, totally smooth VR, supesampling at 1.5 (might be able to push this even higher). No slowdowns... and this is just a Beta
That sounds awesome, I have a 3900x and 1080ti so should expect it to run better than ACC then

WOW! Very positive feelings after first laps. VR performance might be the best there is, huge pack of AI's and still full frame rates. And AI's are driving ok and it's fun to race with them even if it's a beta. But the current state of development is far from finished and many bugs appear here and there. This will be very popular sim there's no doubt
How's physics? Does it differ from SMS's?

gotta love the people that believe that because they say "beta" things will be drastically different in a couple weeks time at release

true betas don't happen a couple weeks before release, they happen a couple months before release
Gotta love people who assume what Beta means for Reiza. Why don't you loan some money from somewhere, get into the program, and you would see that there will be 4 stages of beta (weekly updates) that will contain notable additions and added features, already specified and detailed on their forums, with release dates.

You know nothing.... just the usual online troll, negativity with zero facts

Of course the game will not be bug-free on launch.. no real sim racer expects that. Look at how ACC was in 1.0 and how it is now... These softwares will be developed and improved for years after release.

Last edited:
Physics wise at the moment is marginally better than Pcars2.
Some cars are quite believable, most of them just bad and everything is due to the over-complicated, unpredictable, tire model.

Sticking to AMS1 for the moment, hoping for (massive) improvements.
The magic touch of Neils is missing here...

I did some laps with the F-3 at Interlagos on AMS1 while I waited for the AMS2 beta to drop yesterday then did the same when it did drop. That Reiza "feel" is there and that was all I was worried about and waiting for. I'm happy. I will echo some other sentiments and say that it is definitely VERY much a beta at the moment. But that's what it literally is; a beta. All the issues I had last night after a few hours of driving in circles fall under the umbrella of being a beta and are things I would expect to be rectified. Nothing has stood out to me as a problem that will persist throughout its lifespan. *knock on wood*. For now, I definitely won't be uninstalling AMS1 just yet but it'll be hard to not choose the new shiny toy when I have free time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back