AMS Modding - Cars (Work in progress)

I'm just curious, what's the point of modding AMS when the very reason AMS is awesome is because Reiza's physics talent. Surely, being able to drive a mod on Reiza's AMAZING tracks is something, but there's nothing about AMS that makes a given mod itself better than rF1, correct? Be gentle. Like I said I am just curious to understand better.

I think you know the Corvette and the NSX from Niels Heusinkveld, this alone should answer all.
The reason is, the Mod Comunity can do great Physiks and maybe some of them get the 'real' guys behind AMS. Also driving these cars in other sims is like driving Mario Cart because of physiks, so better drive them in AMS than not driving them.

@PATR10T: Great job :inlove: even though i don't like stuff with 4 rings :p

Metalmoro's big brother...
Schermafbeelding (107).png

I think you know the Corvette and the NSX from Niels Heusinkveld, this alone should answer all.
The reason is, the Mod Comunity can do great Physiks and maybe some of them get the 'real' guys behind AMS. Also driving these cars in other sims is like driving Mario Cart because of physiks, so better drive them in AMS than not driving them.

Yeah but that's my point exactly, Niels works for Reiza. Maybe a better way to make my point is that we should be more concerned with who is creating mods vs for what sim ; again with the understanding that getting a mod for AMS implies being able to run on awesome Reiza tracks but little more...

Edit - Yet another way to say it is that the magic of cars in AMS is because Reiza created the cars, but because of anything about AMS itself or am I wrong?

Yeah but that's my point exactly, Niels works for Reiza. Maybe a better way to make my point is that we should be more concerned with who is creating mods vs for what sim ; again with the understanding that getting a mod for AMS implies being able to run on awesome Reiza tracks but little more...

Edit - Yet another way to say it is that the magic of cars in AMS is because Reiza created the cars, but because of anything about AMS itself or am I wrong?

did you read my post???? I gave you a bunch of reasons....

Not every mod is top, but some are as good as Reiza content. And Niels did the original mod, before being an 'professional'.
The thing i want to say is, that mods are important, to keep progress in getting better and better games. Nearly each Sim today has specific cars, because of very successful mods of the older sims (AC 1992 DTM cars, RFactor 2 Z06,NSX...). I think it's the great advantage of PC games, what the community can directly or indirectly influence the Game industry with Mods.
The magic is in parts a result out of three things the Great engine, the good physics and the interest of people. Only few mods achieve this standards, but you should give every body the chance to try it, and in the end every body can selekt what he downloads or not? :p

what should be hard on it? unpack the gfx files from coreshaders.mas into a folder called hardwareshaders what has to be located in your 3dsimed folder
unpack and decrypt a reiza car and open it in 3dsimed, now you can take a look what shaders reiza is using and how are the material settings... if you want todo a car you just have to use the same shaders and adjust the textures for it
..... And in 3DS Max as you can add please?

Not every mod is top, but some are as good as Reiza content. And Niels did the original mod, before being an 'professional'.
The thing i want to say is, that mods are important, to keep progress in getting better and better games. Nearly each Sim today has specific cars, because of very successful mods of the older sims (AC 1992 DTM cars, RFactor 2 Z06,NSX...). I think it's the great advantage of PC games, what the community can directly or indirectly influence the Game industry with Mods.
The magic is in parts a result out of three things the Great engine, the good physics and the interest of people. Only few mods achieve this standards, but you should give every body the chance to try it, and in the end every body can selekt what he downloads or not? :p

Excellent points by you and others on this, so thanks all. And also thinking pragmatically instead of philosophically about it AMS does indeed make a great platform for modding with all the features it has and the relatively modest PC requirements and being more stable for modders so they won't have as much rework. I am now excited about AMS modding prospects! :thumbsup:

guys that are posting shots from 3dsimed... im beggin you to post a video of everything to do so that i can load a helmet or car into it and refresh the textures, no talking needed just show where to put files or import etc etc. so i could just watch what to do

i would be so thankful to know this to help me when im painting

Last edited:
I just doubled checked and it is working on my end, In the Material editor, make the material a gMotorMaterial, click on DX9, and all the new RZ shaders and dx9 shaders are in the list.
I put the GFX files in the "hardwareshaders" folder, I put Rf1 plugins in the "plugins" folder, but in the material in DX7, DX8 and DX9 shader see only "default"

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back