• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

AMS 2 | Release Day: Lots And Lots Of Goodies Confirmed

Kranky Pantz

100RPM
Jun 14, 2017
" We do have one last thing to hopefully make Automobilista 2 v1.0 a truly enjoyable ride for all sim racers. You will not have to wait long to find out what it is! "

Ohhhhhhh.....you TEASE!!!!!!
:geek:
Can't wait!!!!
Tomorrow is a holiday here in Canada, so I'll be playing this all night!

Reiza have set the bar with how they've been handling their EA release, and over-delivered with updates which have improved upon each and every build.

Even during these globally strange times (with Brasil being particularly hit hard) they have managed to show themselves as absolute troopers!!!

This has been one of the best, if not the best "Early Access" sim racing purchases I have ever made...hands down!

MrBraindown

75RPM
Premium
May 1, 2019
Sod it, I bought it earlier this afternoon. £29.99 on Steam with £5 discount due to whatever points promotion they've got going.

It's awesome, I'm now super-pumped for 1.0. Sorry to make the tired comparison, but it's nothing like PC2 at all, maybe visually? So if you're reticent to open your wallet because of that, well, you're missing out.

Loving the Brazillian-centric content though, it's so nice to race on a bunch of unknown (to me anyway) tracks in niche motors, rather than the same-old, same-old.

Fi22le

50RPM
Jan 23, 2020
Sod it, I bought it earlier this afternoon. £29.99 on Steam with £5 discount due to whatever points promotion they've got going.

It's awesome, I'm now super-pumped for 1.0. Sorry to make the tired comparison, but it's nothing like PC2 at all, maybe visually? So if you're reticent to open your wallet because of that, well, you're missing out.

Loving the Brazillian-centric content though, it's so nice to race on a bunch of unknown (to me anyway) tracks in niche motors, rather than the same-old, same-old.
Yes, agree. With a whole world out there, I don’t understand why people want GT3 (yawn) at Spa all day, every day.

Some of these Brazilian tracks / cars are super fun.

Jun 21, 2016
They made some good progress since i purchased it in EA. IMO its a good all round sim, I don't think its the best at anything but a as package its going to get some hours invested & will become a favorite. And their work rate is impressive so it will hopefully improve more & they definitely address issues unlike SMS.

Main gripes are some car models look a bit rough, Ai just isn't there yet, FFB needs per car settings.

Reactions: Andrew_WOT

GOV47

75RPM
Premium
Oct 13, 2019
Main gripes are some car models look a bit rough, Ai just isn't there yet, FFB needs per car settings.
Agree that we need more control options in general. Devs have said these things will be in there eventually. I really want either controller profiles or alternate mappings for certain things, ie shifting.

Reactions: M D Gourley

RasmusP

6000RPM
Premium
Oct 7, 2016
Is Bathurst laser scanned? In theory they could use the same data as ACC and iracing I guess.

I really like the subtle differences between the normal versions and acc's laser scan version. Just makes more sense when coming from a real life onboard video.

But I'd love to race that track in proper VR with all the awesome cars of ams 2.

The question is.. Do I wait a little longer to buy it or is Bathurst laser scanned and I insta-buy it? :D

Follow RaceDepartment