AMS 2 | Reiza Studios Confirm New Content In Latest AMS 2 Development Post

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The latest development roadmap posting from Reiza Studios is, as usual, full of good stuff. Perhaps most interesting of all however is the confirmation of new content coming to Automobilista 2!

The Brazilian development team have been exceptionally hard at work as they continue to fine tune and develop their new Automobilista 2 racing simulation, with plenty of changes and improvements having been brought to the title over the course of the current Early Access development phase.

As is the tradition with these developers, the end of the month signals time for a lengthy roadmap update posting, where news about the immediate future of the sim is under discussion as we are teased with a little taste of what is just around the corner - and once again it looks like plenty of good stuff is in the works...

Check out the April Development Roadmap posting in full below:

Greetings everyone! We hope you all have been keeping safe and catching up with your sim racing while we continue to go through these surreal times.

It´s now been a month since Automobilista 2 was released in Steam Early Access, and what a ride it has been up to here! It´s been great to see the game being overall very positively received and that the sim racing community shares our confidence about its future.

Most will not be aware but with both Stock Car Extreme and Automobilista 1 being free updates to those who bought the previous version of the game, Automobilista 2 is actually our first completely new title release since Game Stock Car 2013 back in November 2013! And despite the less than ideal circunstances surrounding all of us these days, we are happy to say the game has got off to a very strong start.

As we have continued to stress since the initial announcement, Automobilista 2 is a long term project but we feel we have now crossed the most challenging milestones, and are in better position than ever to develop the game to its full potential.

We hope you all continue to enjoy the ride as we continue to push on!

Automobilista 2 v0.8.7 coming up - Time Trial is Now In!

AMS 2 1.jpg

Version v0.8.7 will hit Beta in the coming hours, and after some early mileage in Beta to iron out any showstopper it should also be deployed to the Main version of the game.

The highlight of the new build is the availability of Time Trial Mode, given everyone the chance to see how they measure up iagainst the best in a hot lap running any car / track combo in the game!

The system is an evolution of the popular Time Trial mode we had in Automobilista 1, with the new engine bringing some great new features such as the ability to load ghost laps (both from the best time in the leaderboard or from your best placed Steam friend).

The new build will also see the addition of the Classic 1986 Brazilian Opala Stock Car season, fully revamped from AMS1 with all cars featuring their original authentic branding.

The new version will also bring further FFB & AI updates, along with the usual batch of fixes and improvements.

Multiplayer Development

We are pushing to address the problems reported by users with glitchy collisions while running in Multiplayer races - previous builds have already corrected some innacuracies in the collision mesh of several cars, and we are now investigating potential adjustments in the netcode to fully recitfy the problem.

The presence of this issue and attention it is requiring has pushed back the introduction of the Multiplayer rating system, but we remain commited to complete the work on both fronts before the end of Early Access.

Next up - Kyalami & Sigma P1

Next week will see the introduction of the modern Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit, to go along with the Historical 1976 version already offered in the game.

The Kyalami Circuit has undergone a complete revamp in recent years which has put it in the map again of the major international motorsports series. We are very happy to celebrate this classic venue rising profile by bringing the track to Automobilista 2, hopefully doing justice to the technical layout and the picturesque beauty of the South African scenery - check out some previews:

AMS 2 2.jpg
AMS 2 3.jpg
AMS 2 4.jpg

Next week´s build will also see the introduction of a new Brazilian Prototype - the imposing Sigma P1 debuted in the Brazilian Endurance Championship in 2019, powered by a mighty Audi V8 turbo engine - the car will be fully revised for the new season complete with an engine built in-house, with the goal of challenging the pace setting AJRs in P1 classs.

AMS 2 5.jpg

Later on... Mclaren, Lotus & Brabham share the Track Again!

We are thrilled to confirm extensive licensing agreements with some of the most iconic brands in motorsports in Mclaren Racing, Classic Team Lotus and Brabham Racing, which will see a number of their Classic Grand Prix cars being added to Automobilista 2.

The first batch will not take much longer, including beauties such as the Lotus 72D, the Mclaren M23 and the Brabham BT44 pictured below:

AMS 2 6.jpg
AMS 2 7.jpg

These however will be just the beginning - more to come where these came from
:)

Automobilista 2 - Early Access Price Bump Incoming

With Automobilista 2 now one month into its Early Access phease and roughly halfway through the road to v1.0, we will be reducing the current 40% discount over its full release price accordingly next week as we hit v0.9.0. The Game will then remain with 20% off its v1.0 price (US$ 49.99 / €44.99 / R$ 149,99) until the end of Early Access.

If you haven´t yet got Automobilista 2 don´t miss the last few days to grab it still with 40% off!

One last thing, or Two...

AMS 2 9.jpg

Original Source: Reiza Studios

AMS 2 is available now in Steam Early Access.

If you need help and support getting the most from AMS2, start a thread in our AMS2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let our great community help you out.

AMS 2 8.jpg

Take a moment to to look at this screenshot.

There are so many aspects of it to admire.

Have you ever seen so much detail so far away from the circuit?
Absolutely 100% agree....a work of art....Reiza have indeed upped their game for sure :D:rolleyes::thumbsup:...the future for AMS2 is extremely promising and I for one are coming along for the ride...errr drive,...errr race :inlove:

I just love that AMS 2 (and AMS) bring us the most unique content of any Sim. I know that some complain that they are not interested in all the Brazilian content, but I really don't feel I need another Sim with exactly the same tracks and cars as all the rest (MX-5's and Laguna Seca anyone?).

Going forward, I would love it if Reiza kept focusing on the more unique content (not that I would complain with the more established stuff), whether that is fleshing out the South American content, or providing tracks and series from around the world that we never see. Rather than holding them back, perhaps it could become their unique selling point in a crowded market.

Personally, I would love to see a pack of all the British tracks such as Knockhill and my local track; Castle Combe (where I marshal) and some national series.

Personally, I’d like to see Beunos Aires and Cordoba come over from AMS1 if the licensing still allows. Those two are open enough and fast enough to give the plethora of F1 cars and prototypes we already have some room to breathe. I kind of feel like the current selection of tracks is overall a bit too tight and twisty for many of those cars. Either that or too bumpy: I’m looking at you Cascavel!

What I like with AMS2 is the original Brazilian tracks and cars. It's so nice to learn new tracks that are real but unknown.

Also the fact that there are many slower cars. Everything from GT5 to lower powered cars. It's such fun to drive these. And they are so alife. On par with the best Sims.
AI needs lots of work though... Strange slowdowns, strange wavering during first laps, not so much fighting between AI's, lots of tracks where AI can always be overtaken on certain area's, etc..

Last edited:
Lots of people asked for the Boxer Cup to return, and Reiza never replied anything to it. It's also oddly missing from the cars, a popular car in AMS1. Considering it's not a real car, no licensing reason for not adding it.

So I think 1 + 1 is pretty obvious here, that's why they never commented.. usually they comment/reply a lot of user messages in Reiza 51, yet into this popular request they never replied anything, never explaining why Boxer is missing or if it's even planned etc.

So yeah, pretty sure it's the official Porsche license.
I miss the Boxer. It was/is my favourite car in AMS :(

Been a Reiza fan since the beginning, but i did intially bork at the asking price of AMS2 as it seemed a bit steep. Though that concern moved on fairly quickly once i realised the money i've saved since i've stopped buying into RaceRoom's micro transactions rubbish, it can easily cover the cost of AMS2.

Also, considering the line up of cars in the making. A Street Circuit like Surfer's Paradise would go really well. The long and short version would be most welcome. :thumbsup:

I just love that AMS 2 (and AMS) bring us the most unique content of any Sim. I know that some complain that they are not interested in all the Brazilian content, but I really don't feel I need another Sim with exactly the same tracks and cars as all the rest (MX-5's and Laguna Seca anyone?).

Going forward, I would love it if Reiza kept focusing on the more unique content (not that I would complain with the more established stuff), whether that is fleshing out the South American content, or providing tracks and series from around the world that we never see. Rather than holding them back, perhaps it could become their unique selling point in a crowded market.

Personally, I would love to see a pack of all the British tracks such as Knockhill and my local track; Castle Combe (where I marshal) and some national series.

Imagine they add to AMS 2, touring car legends, BTCC cars from the 90s, and DTM cars from the
80s and 90s, and american and aussie muscle cars, plus old road cars like a Mustang from the 60s... these are the cars I like best. With these cars and the great physics and FFB of AMS 1 and
even bettered, this Sim will become a deam come true, the best Sim to date. And let's not forget
about mods... if mods were allowed, this will be the perfect Sim then!

This has been mentioned in the Reiza 51 (secret forums)....to have something along the lines of what was in AMS1 for the 'Opponent Selection' .
View attachment 368470

I want it even further than though. I want to see what exact car(s) I am putting on track. Again if Sector3 could make what they did for R3E than I don't see how Reiza couldn't for AMS2. Hell a guy made a custom grid tool on PC1 and PC2.

wow, hotlapping mode and ability to load ghosts! Truly unbelievable how much sim racing progressed! Really can't wait for more, like maybe ranked multiplayer, wouldn't be surprised if we will have to wait for sequel for that tho, pretty innovative idea in sim racing still in 2020

You should make your own racing games, then you won't have to wait for anything.
Plus you'll have the added benefit of being the most innovative, coming up with new bright ideas before anybody else.

Let us know when it's done, I'm sure you'll get some great feedback.

Really in the wait for the Sigma P1, had always a close look at the car since the first moments of its competitive life, so driving it virtually will be great.

Kyalami is favorite in ACC, and no matter what model of Porsche is in that picture, will be no surprise since we have Porsche Cup Brasil here and Stuttgart Motorsport uses a 911 GT3R in Endurance Brasil, but since they are sticking to the 2019 season in AMS2, it will be probably the 2016-spec GT3R.

Although there's the Old Stock Race Opalas, the proper 1986 Opala Stock Car seems to be more in line for classic touring car action.

Really in the wait for the Sigma P1, had always a close look at the car since the first moments of its competitive life, so driving it virtually will be great.

Kyalami is favorite in ACC, and no matter what model of Porsche is in that picture, will be no surprise since we have Porsche Cup Brasil here and Stuttgart Motorsport uses a 911 GT3R in Endurance Brasil, but since they are sticking to the 2019 season in AMS2, it will be probably the 2016-spec GT3R.

Although there's the Old Stock Race Opalas, the proper 1986 Opala Stock Car seems to be more in line for classic touring car action.
Have you received update yet?
The reason I ask, A friend in NZ says he has already had it download.

i have tried Automobilista 2, great respect them for providing Australian V8 supercars here. What is next? Will it be only Adelaide, probably Bathurst later. And?

on other side i have seen nothing new compare to Raceroom, ACC ... just another content. just one more sim.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.