AMS 2 | Reiza Studios Confirm New Content In Latest AMS 2 Development Post

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The latest development roadmap posting from Reiza Studios is, as usual, full of good stuff. Perhaps most interesting of all however is the confirmation of new content coming to Automobilista 2!

The Brazilian development team have been exceptionally hard at work as they continue to fine tune and develop their new Automobilista 2 racing simulation, with plenty of changes and improvements having been brought to the title over the course of the current Early Access development phase.

As is the tradition with these developers, the end of the month signals time for a lengthy roadmap update posting, where news about the immediate future of the sim is under discussion as we are teased with a little taste of what is just around the corner - and once again it looks like plenty of good stuff is in the works...

Check out the April Development Roadmap posting in full below:

Greetings everyone! We hope you all have been keeping safe and catching up with your sim racing while we continue to go through these surreal times.

It´s now been a month since Automobilista 2 was released in Steam Early Access, and what a ride it has been up to here! It´s been great to see the game being overall very positively received and that the sim racing community shares our confidence about its future.

Most will not be aware but with both Stock Car Extreme and Automobilista 1 being free updates to those who bought the previous version of the game, Automobilista 2 is actually our first completely new title release since Game Stock Car 2013 back in November 2013! And despite the less than ideal circunstances surrounding all of us these days, we are happy to say the game has got off to a very strong start.

As we have continued to stress since the initial announcement, Automobilista 2 is a long term project but we feel we have now crossed the most challenging milestones, and are in better position than ever to develop the game to its full potential.

We hope you all continue to enjoy the ride as we continue to push on!

Automobilista 2 v0.8.7 coming up - Time Trial is Now In!

AMS 2 1.jpg

Version v0.8.7 will hit Beta in the coming hours, and after some early mileage in Beta to iron out any showstopper it should also be deployed to the Main version of the game.

The highlight of the new build is the availability of Time Trial Mode, given everyone the chance to see how they measure up iagainst the best in a hot lap running any car / track combo in the game!

The system is an evolution of the popular Time Trial mode we had in Automobilista 1, with the new engine bringing some great new features such as the ability to load ghost laps (both from the best time in the leaderboard or from your best placed Steam friend).

The new build will also see the addition of the Classic 1986 Brazilian Opala Stock Car season, fully revamped from AMS1 with all cars featuring their original authentic branding.

The new version will also bring further FFB & AI updates, along with the usual batch of fixes and improvements.

Multiplayer Development

We are pushing to address the problems reported by users with glitchy collisions while running in Multiplayer races - previous builds have already corrected some innacuracies in the collision mesh of several cars, and we are now investigating potential adjustments in the netcode to fully recitfy the problem.

The presence of this issue and attention it is requiring has pushed back the introduction of the Multiplayer rating system, but we remain commited to complete the work on both fronts before the end of Early Access.

Next up - Kyalami & Sigma P1

Next week will see the introduction of the modern Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit, to go along with the Historical 1976 version already offered in the game.

The Kyalami Circuit has undergone a complete revamp in recent years which has put it in the map again of the major international motorsports series. We are very happy to celebrate this classic venue rising profile by bringing the track to Automobilista 2, hopefully doing justice to the technical layout and the picturesque beauty of the South African scenery - check out some previews:

AMS 2 2.jpg
AMS 2 3.jpg
AMS 2 4.jpg

Next week´s build will also see the introduction of a new Brazilian Prototype - the imposing Sigma P1 debuted in the Brazilian Endurance Championship in 2019, powered by a mighty Audi V8 turbo engine - the car will be fully revised for the new season complete with an engine built in-house, with the goal of challenging the pace setting AJRs in P1 classs.

AMS 2 5.jpg

Later on... Mclaren, Lotus & Brabham share the Track Again!

We are thrilled to confirm extensive licensing agreements with some of the most iconic brands in motorsports in Mclaren Racing, Classic Team Lotus and Brabham Racing, which will see a number of their Classic Grand Prix cars being added to Automobilista 2.

The first batch will not take much longer, including beauties such as the Lotus 72D, the Mclaren M23 and the Brabham BT44 pictured below:

AMS 2 6.jpg
AMS 2 7.jpg

These however will be just the beginning - more to come where these came from
:)

Automobilista 2 - Early Access Price Bump Incoming

With Automobilista 2 now one month into its Early Access phease and roughly halfway through the road to v1.0, we will be reducing the current 40% discount over its full release price accordingly next week as we hit v0.9.0. The Game will then remain with 20% off its v1.0 price (US$ 49.99 / €44.99 / R$ 149,99) until the end of Early Access.

If you haven´t yet got Automobilista 2 don´t miss the last few days to grab it still with 40% off!

One last thing, or Two...

AMS 2 9.jpg

Original Source: Reiza Studios

AMS 2 is available now in Steam Early Access.

If you need help and support getting the most from AMS2, start a thread in our AMS2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let our great community help you out.

AMS 2 8.jpg

Implemented new CutTrackFraction logic for detecting how far back a track limit infringement in previous lap invalidates the next one (5% of track length in practice, 10% in qualifying, 15% in Time Trial)
Very nice! :thumbsup:

Reduced front ride height range & moved diffuser center of pressure forward by 8cm in Metalmoro AJR for more accurate aero balance (all variants)
This will be interesting to play with. I've felt that the AJR is quite understeer-y compared to AMS1. I mostly seem to notice it in lower speed stuff but I'm guessing that this car is probably still making a healthy amount of downforce even at 150 KPH.

Yes, I know this is EA, but do the tyres come from madness because they are poop. First time out in the F Classic gen 1 at Suzuka (time trial), unfamiliar car, 1120hp with no TC or aids. Hammered around for a few laps, had a few twitches but at no point did I feel in danger of losing it.

If I tried that in AMS I wouldn't make half a lap.

Its definitely improving but still waiting for that Reiza magic to happen.

It has everything to be the simulator but used at the moment only depends on the developers. This is entering content without much interest, in my point of view only the Kailam track that was good, the prototypes without use ... It will be good when cars enter of Brazilian turing and DTM Copa Montana, compare brands of petrobras among others if it will enter then yes the gang would play a lot like Sprint Stock Car cars it is complicated to explain waiting only what remains has everything to be one of the best. ..:)
porsche-cayman-gt4-sport-car-wallpaper-2560x1080-26347_14[1].jpg

Damn why does it feel everyone is playing a different game to me ? I can’t get the FFB to even approach anything like driveable or realistic . It’s either so light I can spin my wheel with one finger and zero connection to road feeling ( feels like I’m driving a hover car ) or so heavy it almost feels like the FFB is reversed . Everything just feels almost delayed and muted .... I cannot tell what the car is doing at all . Running a DD1 and tried all manner of various forum settings but nothing seems to work . Really want to get I to this but it’s just a lesson of frustration for me at the moment .

Last edited:
Damn why does it feel everyone is playing a different game to me ? I can’t get the FFB to even approach anything like driveable or realistic
Have you completely removed the My Documents/Automobilsta 2 folder after every patch? You might need to disable Steam Cloud to stop it reinstating your settings when you start the game instead of generating new defaults. Deleting this folder is a must because it has been shown time and again that old settings get left over and interfere with updates.

Also, try the FFB mod mentioned here. It's different than the default, in a good way.

Easy test is just put brake bias all the way to the front. Guaranteed lockup. And yep, I can feel it. Note that I'm using my no engine vibration mod though. Also, I haven't tried the latest patch yet.

Can you describe what exactly do you feel when wheels are locked? What wheel are you using?

I can feel: the wheel is lighter, ok! But there is no vibration or some kind of effects.

@Goffik i did that once a few builds ago , did t realise it was recommended to do every build . I’ll have another crack at it tomorrow then ....

I think what doesn’t help is there are so many things to adjust In The Fanatec side of things as well I end up just randomly moving sliders in there as week trying to find something that works

Can you describe what exactly do you feel when wheels are locked? What wheel are you using?
When the fronts start locking the wheel gets lighter, as you say, but for me it also does start vibrating. It's quite a slow vibration, nothing like the engine or curbs. It's quite distinct.

I'm on a T300, but please be aware that the FFB varies massively between different cars at the moment. For example, when I drive the Caterham Superlight or SuperV8 the FFB feels a bit dead, quite frankly. All I can really feel is steering forces. But when I drive the Formula V12 with the exact same settings, it feels bloody great and I can feel all sorts... the road, the curbs, and the tyre scrub.

I was hoping the individual car FFB multipliers would be in this patch to help with this issue, but alas, not this time. :(

When the fronts start locking the wheel gets lighter, as you say, but for me it also does start vibrating. It's quite a slow vibration, nothing like the engine or curbs. It's quite distinct.

I'm on a T300, but please be aware that the FFB varies massively between different cars at the moment. For example, when I drive the Caterham Superlight or SuperV8 the FFB feels a bit dead, quite frankly. All I can really feel is steering forces. But when I drive the Formula V12 with the exact same settings, it feels bloody great and I can feel all sorts... the road, the curbs, and the tyre scrub.

I was hoping the individual car FFB multipliers would be in this patch to help with this issue, but alas, not this time. :(

ahhhhh it’s the V8 I’ve been testing in .... maybe I picked the worst example currently to try and setup then ?
I’m not really a formula guy , is there anything with a roof that has good FFB currently I should focus on my settings with ?

The patch is available on Steam now, lads and ladies. :cool:
I am Early Access. I see that Time Trial is now included. Anything else (I realise that modern Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit is only Beta at this stage)?

Edit: I have answered my own question;

Automobilista 2 V0.8.7.1 RELEASED!
Time Trial mode is now available - please note that not all car / track combos will have boards available yet, the ones that are still missing will be added over the coming days.

Also please be advised that we plan to reset all Leaderboards by the time we hit v1.0.

V0.8.7.1 CHANGELOG:

GENERAL

• Enabled Time Trial Mode
  • Player now has complete control in pits if Pit Stop Control is set to "Manual" in Gameplay Options (no longer gets automatically held up due to incoming traffic)
  • Implemented new CutTrackFraction logic for detecting how far back a track limit infringement in previous lap invalidates the next one (5% of track length in practice, 10% in qualifying, 15% in Time Trial)
  • Fix bug where spawning in garage in between sessions would cause Trucks to crash into the garage

CONTENT

• Added Opala Stock Cars 1986 Season

UI & HUD

• Added missing F-Trainer A vehicle specs; Corrected Puma GTB, Super V8, Lancer R & RS, Copa Classic specs
  • Fixed AJR V6 short name in session config screen
  • Added new 'Full' variation of the Laptime Info HUD element (gives past lap info or Time Trial info depending on game mode/session)
  • Moved Laptime info position slightly higher in default layout

PHYSICS & FFB

• Added "Tyre Scrub to Rack" effect to FX FFB slider (New Default profile only
  • Added "Min force" FFB funcion, disabled by default (can be activated in custom FFB file)
  • Minor FFB adjustments to various cars to better suit New Default profile
  • Increased FFB smoothness for FWD cars
  • Fixed remaining issues with excessive brake wear
  • Revised drivelines for all TC Classics, AJR, F-Vintages, F-Classics Lancers, Ultimas to correct excessive drivetrain losses & inertia
  • Fixed suspension physics for Copa Classic B Passat
  • Minor adjustments to tyre tread & carcass for Copa Classic, Lancers, Opalas, Ultima Race, AJR, Stock Car & F-Classic
  • Added wet tyre options for Lancers & Copa Classics
  • Corrected excessive engine boost in Lancer R & RS
  • Fixed wrong default tyre option in some TC Classics that could cause CTDs
  • Reduced front ride height range & moved diffuser center of pressure forward by 8cm in Metalmoro AJR for more accurate aero balance (all variants)
  • F-Classics Gen1&2: moved diffuser center of pressure forward by 2cm for more accurate aero balance, increased diffuser downforce loss with yaw
  • F-Classic (all Gens): Adjusted default setup (stiffer rear ARB, corrected ride height inconsistencies); fixed V8 engine wear range

AI

• Disabled glitchy AI function that would cause it to behave erratically while trying to weave out of the way under blue flag in Practice & Quali (AI will now just reduce speed to let faster car by)
  • Adjusted AI behavior under yellow flag (a bit less overzealous)
  • Revised AI damper rates for all cars
  • Minor AI performance tweak to Londrina (both layouts)

TRACKS

• Corrected environment & track temperature ranges for South American tracks
  • Interlagos Kart: Fixed layout 3 fences and walls missing when running less than High Track Detail

VEHICLES

• Passat Copa Classic B: Updated interior textures, corrected collision mesh
  • Puma P052: Updated cockpit interior textures; updated liveries for #03 #05 #08 #35 #36 #52 #65 #78 & added Community skins #55 #56 #58 #60
  • Sprint Race: Added rear brake lights

Last edited:
Silly question time: Does Time Trial mode…

a) …actually utilize Steam for who-you-are player knowledge?
OR
b) …utilize the game player profile which just happens to be automatically named the same thing as your Steam profile?

My Steam profile contains my real surname. It was created a long time ago when privacy wasn’t as much of a concern and when I only ever thought about playing games with people I already knew in real life. These days I try to minimize its exposure when possible. I’m just wondering if I’ll ever have a chance of competing in Time Trial without making an exception to my usual practices. Not to mention, I just simply don’t like the way my Steam profile name looks for a public username.

Please pardon my ignorance on Time Trial mode but I never participated in it with AMS1.

OR
b) …utilize the game player profile which just happens to be automatically named the same thing as your Steam profile?

My Steam profile contains my real surname. It was created a long time ago when privacy wasn’t as much of a concern and when I only ever thought about playing games with people I already knew in real life. These days I try to minimize its exposure when possible. I’m just wondering if I’ll ever have a chance of competing in Time Trial without making an exception to my usual practices. Not to mention, I just simply don’t like the way my Steam profile name looks for a public username.

Please pardon my ignorance on Time Trial mode but I never participated in it with AMS1.

I don't think AMS1 had a TT mode (This is from Pcars). It uses steam name as far as I know (its using mine at least). Its OK though, I strongly suspected already that you were Bill Gates (That Bill Guy) :D

OR

You can change your name in steam anyway. I have three

You can change your name in steam anyway. I have three
Hmmm. I’ll have to dig deeper. Valve must need to update the Steam support pages because this page...
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1558-qyax-1965
...says you cannot change your account name but your “player name” can be changed and then goes on to give info for settings that are not present anywhere I’ve looked in the Steam client.

Its OK though, I strongly suspected already that you were Bill Gates (That Bill Guy) :D
Nah, I’m not Gates. I’m actually the one that’s just sittin’ here on Capitol Hill. (Not sure if anyone outside of North America will get that.)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.