AMS 2 FFB Discussion

I just tested all settings,
RAW, informative, imersive, more FFB, lower FFB, LowForceBoost 0 40 80...
What I found was the same FFB like in pCARS2, the same damage jolt effekts, when you driving on small bumps, the over powered force, when the car are oversteering, the les details about the rear axle.
It's for me, the biggest disappointment in the year.
You don't beleive me?
Please take a seat in the StockCar or the Falcon V8, starting in Spielberg with clear wather in both games.
The detailed, RAW, real and comprehensible FFB, you are only get in AMS1. The same like rFactor2, but much more heavyer.
In rF² you feel the gene of rF². It's not like AMS but near of it.

AMS2-Beta is for me pCARS2 and i am realy sad, because my hope was realy big. So many people say "Stop! It's pCARS2! You should not beleve that it can be better!" But i say, "No, that are not SMS, they are Reiza Studios,, they have good guys, the have got Nils and he knows what he do."

What shuld i say?
I am realy sad and hopeless because that pCARS2-feeling will be not gone after the final release. If that be possible, than only with deleting it and copy paste from AMS1.
But what i know now, when you want to say, "Shut up and take my money!" Think before it. It's funny but expensive some times.

Best wiches from Germany, Manuel

I just testet the Ultima, OldStock, AJR... All the same. No Reiza-Feeling.
Kart and Caterham too. Are the 310HP Caterham damage? More than 170km/h not possible an Spielberg.

Btw.:
I am using the SimuCUBE without any damping or filterring.
But, AMS1 feels grate, too with the G27.

Attachments

• 2020-02-29 03_28_54-Steam.png
    2020-02-29 03_28_54-Steam.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 477
Last edited:
It was my worst fear come true. I thought it would be pCars2 with an AMS skin. I was correct. Killed my FFB for ACC, R3E and iRacing. PC2 fix did not work. Got my refund. I don't need to own this one. AMS 1 was just fine and ACC is a doll. Just not worth the headaches. Disappointed is only one word I would use to describe my feelings.

They stripped the PC2 FFB and made their own so no wonder the PC2 FFB fix didn't work. Its completely different code. Some people seem to be playing a completely different game to me. But hey, at least you gave it a try. I do think that there is a tendency for the rear end to get a bit loose a bit too easily in some of the cars (V8, StockCar), but on the whole its playing pretty well for me. The P1 needs some serious model optimisation as it kills the frame rate (VR).

The AI definitely needs some work. You can get some good races, but you have to be careful on the overtake as they are pretty blind at times particularly if you are on their outside.

The brakes seem to heat up somewhat excessively too if you ask me. Slightest touch and you see the temps skyrocket (V8).

All in all, I am pretty happy. Less happy with the amount of feedback from the Devs on their official forum. Seems to me that unless you are on the Beta forum, you are basically kept pretty much in the dark about what's happening from the Dev side. Still, if they stick to weekly updates, that's probably good enough for now.

EDIT: And just as I posted this, there's an updated roadmap on the official forum :D Time Trial.. YES!!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Anybody played with this custom profile

Seems like this one is the latest the greatest

Yep, I've used it. It's meant for DD wheels really, but works fine on my T300 too. After removing both the default and custom engine vibrations it felt really good, far better than the "old" default certainly. The latest version is a bit hit and miss, but I think it's because of AMS rather than the profile itself, in that the FFB is inconsistent between cars. For example, it felt bloody amazing on the Formula V12 around "Suzuka" but rubbish on the SuperV8 around Imola. But the same can be said of the default FFB too... it feels better on the V12.

Definitely worth a try, especially if you have a DD. Be prepared to mess with your sliders again though, as it's not just a drop-and-play affair... you'll likely need very different settings than you're using with the default FFB.

Tried AMS2 again yesterday to see what the updates have brought. I still don't like the roadfeel/ffb, it still reminds me way too much of PC2. That being said, I primairly drive in AC and ACC and switching from these to AMS2 is an absolutely nightmare (to me).

So i read in this thread that those who messed with the ffb settings, can experience this differently. So will have to check that out and probably reset them to factory defaults to be sure and try the 'new default'. And will also check out ffb settings on the dd. Although I'm pretty sure they're both on default(ish).

I really like that in AMS2 I can play with friends online and add AI. But the drive is horrible to me. Switching between too many sims is not a real good plan for my lap times. AMS2 deserves a fair chance though, but if roadfeel/ffb continues to stay this way I'm probably not investing any time except for playing online with friend ad AI every now and then.

Tried AMS2 again yesterday to see what the updates have brought. I still don't like the roadfeel/ffb, it still reminds me way too much of PC2. That being said, I primairly drive in AC and ACC and switching from these to AMS2 is an absolutely nightmare (to me).

So i read in this thread that those who messed with the ffb settings, can experience this differently. So will have to check that out and probably reset them to factory defaults to be sure and try the 'new default'. And will also check out ffb settings on the dd. Although I'm pretty sure they're both on default(ish).

I really like that in AMS2 I can play with friends online and add AI. But the drive is horrible to me. Switching between too many sims is not a real good plan for my lap times. AMS2 deserves a fair chance though, but if roadfeel/ffb continues to stay this way I'm probably not investing any time except for playing online with friend ad AI every now and then.

This is pretty much how I feel after purchasing yesterday and my first hour. I can jump to and from iRacing, ACC, AC and rf2 fairly easily and enjoy the ffb and feeling of each, though not so keen on rf2.

AMS2 drives nicely, but the rear end feels weird when traction is lost. I feel it happen and can react and recover it most of the time, but I don't get the sensation of inertia or body roll etc. I haven't tried the older ffb, so will try that today.

AMS1 sadly didn't get much time with me as I was mainly using VR in iRacing at the time, but everytime I played AMS1 I had a gr8 time racing. The cars felt amazing to drive, fantastic ffb and it always left me wishing VR was an option!! Having tried some of my favourite AMS1 cars last night in ams2, I was left feeling very disappointed!! They just don't feel as alive to me and I don't feel connected to them in the same way.

To me it does feel a little too like pCars2 atm. I never hated on pCars2 as it had its merits, but it wasn't the simulation I wanted and I was worried AMS2 would fall into this category too! I'm going to look up some settings etc today, before trying again, but I will be watching my timer, so I don't go over 2 hours gameplay as I fear a refund maybe on the cards.

I wish i could say yes tonnes of modded tracks, Patrick Grantions [possibly bad spelling] tracks were top quality in AMS1 but im not sure how it would work out with the madness engine or if it is even moddable.

Personally i hate pcars, physics and ffb are truely awful imo.
I enjoy Codies F1 games, they are not full sims but fun F1 experience all the same.

Seems like this one is the latest the greatest

Ok, I tried this earlier today and for me, with my TS-XW, it made a big difference. I passed my 2 hours test time playing about afterwards, so looks like AMS2 will stay on my hard drive. Hoping to see good future developments :thumbsup:

So will AM2 be moddable like Assetto? Tons of fan made tracks in the future?
Nope. They are apparently working on a livery editor for us, but adding content like we did with AMS and AC is very, very unlikely. Perhaps one day they'll release the development tools to make it possible, but I doubt it. They don't own the engine outright so probably wouldn't have the rights to do so.

Nope. They are apparently working on a livery editor for us, but adding content like we did with AMS and AC is very, very unlikely. Perhaps one day they'll release the development tools to make it possible, but I doubt it. They don't own the engine outright so probably wouldn't have the rights to do so.
Yes, somebody will have to "crack" the code on how to implement new stuff in game.
Maybe they will give a helpfull wink wink to somebody, Reiza did give some tips to Giranthon with his tracks in AMS1...
Then again maybe not because i think Codemasters/SMS will be less friendly to the notion of people messing with their engine than ISI was.

Yes, somebody will have to "crack" the code on how to implement new stuff in game.
Stuff can technically already be added to the game using freely available tools, but it involves a process that we're not allowed to discuss here. Also, the way the game works with files makes it very inconvenient to share mods with others, to the point where it probably just isn't worth bothering. To make modding viable we need either a simple import tool which even the most non-computer savvy can use, or a change in the way the game handles it's data. In all honesty, I don't see us getting either of those things. At least, not from Reiza.

I am on an island, I truly love PC2. Most cars are terrific and very rewarding. So I am very excited by the AMS2 to Madness move. I had a couple minutes to kill and was at Brands Hatch with a Super V8 in AMS2. Felt good. Then jumped into PC2 and grabbed the Ford Falcon and went to Brands and there was a STARK difference. The AMS2 car was much more nuanced, the PC2 car was a bit slushy. I was disappointed. I gotta go back to PC2 and get that good feeling again from the cars I like. AMS2 felt very much like AMS1.

I am on an island, I truly love PC2. Most cars are terrific and very rewarding. So I am very excited by the AMS2 to Madness move. I had a couple minutes to kill and was at Brands Hatch with a Super V8 in AMS2. Felt good. Then jumped into PC2 and grabbed the Ford Falcon and went to Brands and there was a STARK difference. The AMS2 car was much more nuanced, the PC2 car was a bit slushy. I was disappointed. I gotta go back to PC2 and get that good feeling again from the cars I like. AMS2 felt very much like AMS1.

Yeah, I agree. #bump

Agreed. No idea what kind of crack people are smoking that think the FFB feels like PC2. It's literally nothing at all like PC2.. and apparently is even using Reiza's own code for the whole thing. So yeah.

To be the difference between AMS2 FFB and PC2 FFB is a huge as iRacing vs RaceRoom (two other FFB systems that feel to me absolutely 100% different).

I suspect some people are just extremely easily biased by words and names. Who knows..

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Friday

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 32 47.1%