AMS 2 | New Hotfix Update Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new hotfix update for Automobilista 2 has been released.
  • Additional content set to follow in the coming days.
  • Latest hotfix includes various bug fixes and tweaks.
  • Various AI speed updates.

When Reiza Studios released their V1.0.2.0 update for Automobilista back on Tuesday, the Brazilian studio teased another interesting new piece of content is set to following in the coming days - and although said day has not quite arrive yet, we do have a reasonably large hotfix update to enjoy while we await the latest content drop.

The new V1.0.2.1 update has been deployed to the simulation already, and should download automatically the next time players restart their Steam client.

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

V1.0.2.1 CHANGELOG:

• Adjusted range of allowed track limit warnings to 1-50
  • Multiplayer chatbox history no longer logs joins/leaves and limits history playback when switching page
  • Fixed session overview leaderboard not filling in Multiplayer session
  • Fixed incorrect text on pit strategy back buttons
  • Adjusted F-Vintage body aero lift (all models)
  • Fixed VW Truck crashing to desktop when loading
  • Adjusted Ultima & Camaro SS tyres (stiffer tyre sidewall, reduced a speed sensitivity, stiffer front ARB and springs) & AI tuning
  • Adjusted F-Reiza tyre tread (better retention of adhesive friction at speed)
  • Decreased AI defensive lateral movement range to reduce chances of weaving
  • Minor reduction of AI brake grip
  • Minor AI performance callibration pass for F-Vintage, Ultima & Camaro SS
  • Adjusted AI wet tyre grip for Formulas V12, V10 Gen1 & Gen2
  • Silverstone (all versions): General art passes & added remaining trackside objects (including period accurate 1975 pit building)
  • Hockenheim: fixed trees popping up in the horizon of 1977 version
  • Incremental AI speed adjustments at Imola 2019 - Chicane T11; Kansai - T11, T14, T16; Spielberg - T1, T2; Donington - Mcleans (T7); Goiania - Chicane entry; Kyalami - T13, T16; Oulton Int - chicane entry; Santa Cruz - chicane;, Taruma Chicane; Velopark - Last corner.
  • Camaro SS: Fixed tachometer
  • Brabham BT26A: Added front suspension animation & texture, material updates
  • F-V10 Gen1:- Added material to sidepod intakes

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Got questions? Have answers? Want to chat about AMS 2 and don't know where to go? Worry not my friend, we have just the place for you! The Automobilista 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment welcomes you with open arms - come say hello!

AMS 2 Middle.jpg

Last edited:
Children, wether young or old, cry too much these days, if everything isn’t sitting on their lap within easy reach.
Back to AMS2, I don’t understand how the team produce such great quick fixes, when all the rest, take months and months and then it’s half baked.
AMS2, the best Sim there is and still getting better.
The team is prioritizing update and bug fixing I think. This game is not done yet

Did i miss the notes in the the update list that told me to do this? The last i try was just after version 1 & they said before 1 was released that they pretty much sorted the ffb. But it seems different to me now.
Apologies, I thought when you said it had been some months, that it had been prior to v1.0.
Regardless though, it's worth doing as it rules that out.

There have been a number of updates to tyres/aero though which could also have an effect on aspects of FFB. I felt it changed quite a bit in the last big update v1.0.2.0 tbh and figured it had something to do with " Reduced tyre speed effects on adhesive friction for all slick tires".

Is there something specific that you don't like about it?

Did i miss the notes in the the update list that told me to do this? The last i try was just after version 1 & they said before 1 was released that they pretty much sorted the ffb. But it seems different to me now.
no, you did not miss anything.
But its unfortunatelly a bad part of the SMS DNA of this game and it makes sense to delete your profile and start from scratch. I assume, some of initial setings in your saved profile could be weird and don't fit anymore. Could be, if you give one tick to every FFB slider forth and back, new saved parameters will correct it.
Same with setups. As they are changing parameters continously , there are often older setup that make a car totally crap. Resetting to defaults can change your life ;)
So right. There are many inconsistencies and the game is not finished.
But there are many aspects that make it a diamont, though many faces are not polished as should be.

As analogy. I bought a new house and immediatelly settled in.
But it needed months until every room was really in the state and flavour for my liking and especially my mens cave is in continous transformation. :)

no, you did not miss anything.
But its unfortunatelly a bad part of the SMS DNA of this game and it makes sense to delete your profile and start from scratch. :)

I have never deleted my profile in PC2. Nor did SMS advise players do this. The issue with changes affecting previous set-up files is certainly not unique to the Madness Engine.

Same with rF2 every time they changed something for modern car it affected the Historic :roflmao:

Universal engine for Kunos, SMS , S397 ...problem solved

You would have Universal VR for cryin' out loud

Course, everyone rather different engines just so they can fight over them forever :thumbsup:

• Deleted member 963434

Have you increased the LFB until the deadzone gets less? I found this fixes it for those cars ;)
What is annoying is having to change the FFB for every car and that not saving so the next car changes the last! Frustrating!
thats the case, i want jump in sim an drive, not make settings for every car i drive? an how i remember tem? i need to write each car sttings at paper? btw tis lfb reduces deadzone indeed, but what it do also it make center heavier, just center, then i fast turnin at chicane an i feel like im back to my last wheel t500rs which had tis weighted center hardware, an i not upgraded to osw to feel tis weird center, i want it smooth go from left to right , an wit lfb it work like spring, i turn right to left i feel theres center it slows down my movement then it goes again.
sprint car drive good, less dead zone, supercar v8 has so much dedzone, u must first adapt to it, no like real life.
i tell yo in acc i can play sim for hour then go outside to my real car an i feel no differnce, then i go back into sim i cant tell no difference., i ams2 at first it feels just weird, then yo make 3 laps yo feel natural like best ffb, but every day, every day i go to sleep i woke up i play ams2 i feel weird at start, then i get used to it, then i go sleep, i woke up an i feel weird again until i get used to it, tis weird dead zone

• Deleted member 963434

i wish some day we hav wheels wit no settings, an games have no settings, yo just plug yo wheel , start game an it work just like real thing.
i read somewhere its direct input driver too old makin wheels work that weird way. like tey from microsoft shall make wheels ffb , and sims that sim tell wheel where it shall position itself. now it work sim tellin wheel how much force to make to wheel position itself.
yo know, it depends on yo settings how tis force is applied.
tey should make sim tellin wheel where wheel should go, but now sim just tellin wheel how much force it should make to get where it should get, an it no precise. it get to that point then sim tellin wheel to get back, that makes oscillations.
problem is old an racing community not to big to microsoft solve tis problem. truth is we still usin outdated direct input driver, an wheels have long way to come to make racing sims like real thing.

I have never deleted my profile in PC2. Nor did SMS advise players do this. The issue with changes affecting previous set-up files is certainly not unique to the Madness Engine.
SMS did suggest it very often while WMD and if you read the technical help & support forum, it very often helps to get rid of unexpected behaviours. Many moderators and tech supporters suggest it.
You be a happy guy, if you never had problems.

Also Reiza did it in V1.0.0.3 release notes

Important Notes:
  • If you already had the game in Early Access please delete your local MyDocs/Automobilista 2 folder to reset your configurations to avoid issues with this release.
and though Reiza mostly answers question to do it with "no", there are many users that got also rid of uncertain behaviour.
Not unique for you maybe, but there are many examples where it helped.

i wish some day we hav wheels wit no settings, an games have no settings, yo just plug yo wheel , start game an it work just like real thing.
i read somewhere its direct input driver too old makin wheels work that weird way. like tey from microsoft shall make wheels ffb , and sims that sim tell wheel where it shall position itself. now it work sim tellin wheel how much force to make to wheel position itself.
yo know, it depends on yo settings how tis force is applied.
tey should make sim tellin wheel where wheel should go, but now sim just tellin wheel how much force it should make to get where it should get, an it no precise. it get to that point then sim tellin wheel to get back, that makes oscillations.
problem is old an racing community not to big to microsoft solve tis problem. truth is we still usin outdated direct input driver, an wheels have long way to come to make racing sims like real thing.
plug and play and working, i'm with you.
E.g. Accuforce can generate FFB from telemetry with way better effects than default drivers.
And every wheel developer creates his own driver to the windows api. Some do it good, some do it bad, but there can't be 100% standards, as then can only be progress when Microsoft enhances their API continuously.
But its right, that the game tells the wheel how muchy force it should use and not where it has to go. It seems you misunderstand FFB. Its FORCE feedback, not a wheel positioning system. You turn the wheel and the game/cars tries to fight against your turning with a force, like a real car also does.

I haven't been playing ams2 for a some time (I think haven't teied the 1.0 version), because of a lack of time, but I've been following the updates and what they show is a constant dedication to this sim by Reiza.

I'm glad the team sticks to its hard work, because with the bad comments and unsatisfied negative people, motivation could be lost.

It's an amazing job Reiza is on the way to achieve. Using an advanced engine to reach the quality of what it had done for ams1 with a less complex and well-known engine. It is not an easy task, it will take some time to be perfect, but it's going to do it, there is no doubt about it.

Instead of trolling, support this product. If we don't, nlt any developper will be interested in providing quality products for our community. We will get what we deserve : nothing...

Keep on the good job Reiza. Thanks for your dedication.

• Deleted member 963434

plug and play and working, i'm with you.
E.g. Accuforce can generate FFB from telemetry with way better effects than default drivers.
And every wheel developer creates his own driver to the windows api. Some do it good, some do it bad, but there can't be 100% standards, as then can only be progress when Microsoft enhances their API continuously.
But its right, that the game tells the wheel how muchy force it should use and not where it has to go. It seems you misunderstand FFB. Its FORCE feedback, not a wheel positioning system. You turn the wheel and the game/cars tries to fight against your turning with a force, like a real car also does.

no real cars steering system not fighting agains yo, its just connected steerin wheel to front wheels. it not work like in our sim like yo turnin, yo front wheels turnin an tey tellin steerin wheel how much force to aply to driver to know what he doin.. in real life yo turnin yo steerin wheel an front wheels turn, its 100% connected always, car drives like by trail, yo steerin wheel goes right where front wheels go and vice versa, no oscillation, center fast an straight, yo turnin yo feel how yo turnin etc, in sims yo have tis force workin agains yo i agree but thats not feel like real ting. i thought DD will make tis feel like steering by trail but it just make forces stronger, kerbs stronger, faster center, better countersteer, more details feel and removed tis weird center weight, im very happy wit it, but i thought it will be tis trail steerin like wheel just go after wheels so fast like in real car. i read abous it earlier before buying and i misunderstood guy, i thoug he talin bout dd wheel work like sim tellin them where to position wheel, then i read tis post again an he was talking even dd work like sim tellin wheel how much force to apply, and later i found dd makes oscillations even worse! but as long as yo hold wheel yo good.

btw i resolved tis dedzone by goin back to 50% gain from previous 40% so maybe 2 nm force more and it solved it , its still there in some cars bigger in others less but now even stock car v8 or supercar v8 have dedzone comparable to my real life car.

• Deleted member 963434

i think update to game may mess up yo car set-ups (if we talkin baus that?)
i mean if yo have suspension spring or something set to 50 then tey make update to physics so tey correct gravity or cars weight, the spring yo set for yo car now can be too stiff or too soft. so updates can mess up yo set-ups

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back