AMS 2 | New Hotfix Update Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new hotfix update for Automobilista 2 has been released.
  • Additional content set to follow in the coming days.
  • Latest hotfix includes various bug fixes and tweaks.
  • Various AI speed updates.

When Reiza Studios released their V1.0.2.0 update for Automobilista back on Tuesday, the Brazilian studio teased another interesting new piece of content is set to following in the coming days - and although said day has not quite arrive yet, we do have a reasonably large hotfix update to enjoy while we await the latest content drop.

The new V1.0.2.1 update has been deployed to the simulation already, and should download automatically the next time players restart their Steam client.

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

V1.0.2.1 CHANGELOG:

• Adjusted range of allowed track limit warnings to 1-50
  • Multiplayer chatbox history no longer logs joins/leaves and limits history playback when switching page
  • Fixed session overview leaderboard not filling in Multiplayer session
  • Fixed incorrect text on pit strategy back buttons
  • Adjusted F-Vintage body aero lift (all models)
  • Fixed VW Truck crashing to desktop when loading
  • Adjusted Ultima & Camaro SS tyres (stiffer tyre sidewall, reduced a speed sensitivity, stiffer front ARB and springs) & AI tuning
  • Adjusted F-Reiza tyre tread (better retention of adhesive friction at speed)
  • Decreased AI defensive lateral movement range to reduce chances of weaving
  • Minor reduction of AI brake grip
  • Minor AI performance callibration pass for F-Vintage, Ultima & Camaro SS
  • Adjusted AI wet tyre grip for Formulas V12, V10 Gen1 & Gen2
  • Silverstone (all versions): General art passes & added remaining trackside objects (including period accurate 1975 pit building)
  • Hockenheim: fixed trees popping up in the horizon of 1977 version
  • Incremental AI speed adjustments at Imola 2019 - Chicane T11; Kansai - T11, T14, T16; Spielberg - T1, T2; Donington - Mcleans (T7); Goiania - Chicane entry; Kyalami - T13, T16; Oulton Int - chicane entry; Santa Cruz - chicane;, Taruma Chicane; Velopark - Last corner.
  • Camaro SS: Fixed tachometer
  • Brabham BT26A: Added front suspension animation & texture, material updates
  • F-V10 Gen1:- Added material to sidepod intakes

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Got questions? Have answers? Want to chat about AMS 2 and don't know where to go? Worry not my friend, we have just the place for you! The Automobilista 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment welcomes you with open arms - come say hello!

AMS 2 Middle.jpg

Last edited:
that's fair, I'm sorry. but the question is why RD is filled with trolls, at least lately..I don't remember being like this in the past.
It's not. It's just that a tiny minority are set on trying to cause trouble, and unfortunately they're the ones you tend to remember. Makes them seem more numerous than they actually are. We have good, active moderators here but we can't read every single post in every single thread, so we rely on people reporting bad behaviour. The more people do that, the less we'll see it. :thumbsup:

It feels not right creating DLCs and more and more before some "main/key" features are not ready.
To be fair, it's been mentioned before and actually confirmed by Renato that DLC content has no affect on fixes. Different people doing different work, one does not help or hinder the other. Also, it takes months to create a new car or track... this content isn't being thrown out instead of fixes, it was already in development alongside the main game.

I understand that you want the features that make the game most playable to you, as there's a bunch of stuff that I'd like to see added ASAP too. But stopping all work on DLCs is not going to make any of our desires happen any faster... a 3D artist or track designer cannot fix championship mode any more than he/she can provide a more immersive audio environment.

Yes, i understand what you want, but development team nowadays are splitted in many different special jobs like in any other producing companies. An artist mostly has no knowledge of writing some lines of code and programmers sometimes have the same skills like a 5 year old kid, if its on painting or CAD.
They work parallel, not serial. And if the framework is good enough, adding ready to use content created by the artists could be 10 minutes of coding, but the championship you want immediatly could last months until ready.
So not releasing content would not free any resource and accelerate anything on the functional part of the game.
Thats i wanted to point to.

yeah i suggest it could be so like you say. I have no knowledge how it works. I don`t like to critize this game, because i find its great overal, but i just don`t play it because i am waiting for "my mode" And that makes me sad :unsure:

yeah. Right.
All content creators , graphic artists and other not coding people should stop working until coders have ended the work on championship modes.
GREAT IDEA. :thumbsup:
LOL... You're not talking about Microsoft team my friend. Those small teams prioritise some aspects in despite the others. See rf2 with few to none bug fixes in last two years due the new UI coding (which is crap BTW)

I think I would prefer a reason like "we need the money" regarding DLC rather than that it is different people so it doesn't slow fixes etc. Most areas of the game need sorting out in one way or another so I imagine there would be plenty for all people involved to do. Obviously Reiza will do as they see fit and I can choose to either play the game or not.

that's fair, I'm sorry. but the question is why RD is filled with trolls, at least lately..I don't remember being like this in the past.

I'v encountered a few. I had a couple of guys come in and give my skins one star reviews based solely on the fact "they" didn't know how to install them but 99% of the rest of everyone could. Or I asked a question and one of the few trolls we have comes in and says "Oh look there's a thread for this already" in a really snarky and snye tone. I just report them and plead my case. This just happened to me yesterday as a matter of fact. This guy has been here since 2011 and has made maybe 5 posts. And he is going to come in and "school" me? None-the-less, just report them, explain your case logically. Don't come in hard with the MOD's. Remember they didn't wrong you.

I dropped back into this after some months, the ai seems both better & worse, with some cars they consistently crash & fly into the sky, on the plus side I try with the genetta & had a really good race & the cars seem less prone to doing a conga for the entire race.
I'm not sure what's going on with the ffb though it seems to have gotten worse I'm not liking the feel of it at all as it is.

I dropped back into this after some months, the ai seems both better & worse, with some cars they consistently crash & fly into the sky, on the plus side I try with the genetta & had a really good race & the cars seem less prone to doing a conga for the entire race.
I'm not sure what's going on with the ffb though it seems to have gotten worse I'm not liking the feel of it at all as it is.
I assume you did the "delete AMS2 folder" etc after coming back to it?

• Deleted member 963434

tis game great like truly next gen sim, abous 600 hz ffb refresh or sometin like tis... but i feel like it not finished yet. maybe sms engine too advanced (?)
only biggest cons i see in AMS2 is weird deadzone in some cars? have yo experienced it too? like yo not feel some cars in center yo turnin cars turn but no ffb, then it gets harder an harder , maybe its realistic an yo not feel yo turnin wit yo body as in real life, as my bmw e36 in real life have than dead zone i like get no ffb from my RL car then it gets harder. but in sim it work little weird

• Deleted member 963434

some cars goot ike sprint car or sometihin, but for example supercar v8 have so much dead zone, like it get some time to get used to it then yo rive good, but i dont know if tey in real life like that, like yo turn 30 degree an yo start feelin yo turn, 30 degree each side so like 60 degree wheels dead, car turnin in sim , but yo not feel it turnin, have yo experienced it too?

some cars goot ike sprint car or sometihin, but for example supercar v8 have so much dead zone, like it get some time to get used to it then yo rive good, but i dont know if tey in real life like that, like yo turn 30 degree an yo start feelin yo turn, 30 degree each side so like 60 degree wheels dead, car turnin in sim , but yo not feel it turnin, have yo experienced it too?
Have you increased the LFB until the deadzone gets less? I found this fixes it for those cars ;)
What is annoying is having to change the FFB for every car and that not saving so the next car changes the last! Frustrating!

LOL... You're not talking about Microsoft team my friend. Those small teams prioritise some aspects in despite the others.
Just a day or two ago, we had Renato himself right here on RD talking specifically about how this is not the case:

Now we can´t, and have no reason to be patient or hold back releasing content for a couple of simple reasons: while you and others may not find a particular release worthwhile yet, or even have a negative reaction to a new DLC while the game still has work to be done elsewhere, fact is one doesn´t necessarily compete with the other; modellers and artists do their own thing, and we do have a large track team who are specially profficient - they can´t improve other parts of the game, and the work they are delivering now will have been comissioned months ago.

Maybe you were visiting other parts of the forum I am unfamiliar with, but as far as I am concerned, its always been like this.. Its been like this since the days I started taking interest in Race sim forums.. Even news groups (yeah, I am that old) like rec.simulators.racing were like that. The good old days of the "High Gear" forums were full of Crammond versus ISI trolling.

Par for the course. Sometimes, half the entertainment :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 7.4%