AMS 2 FFB Discussion

I just tested all settings,
RAW, informative, imersive, more FFB, lower FFB, LowForceBoost 0 40 80...
What I found was the same FFB like in pCARS2, the same damage jolt effekts, when you driving on small bumps, the over powered force, when the car are oversteering, the les details about the rear axle.
It's for me, the biggest disappointment in the year.
You don't beleive me?
Please take a seat in the StockCar or the Falcon V8, starting in Spielberg with clear wather in both games.
The detailed, RAW, real and comprehensible FFB, you are only get in AMS1. The same like rFactor2, but much more heavyer.
In rF² you feel the gene of rF². It's not like AMS but near of it.

AMS2-Beta is for me pCARS2 and i am realy sad, because my hope was realy big. So many people say "Stop! It's pCARS2! You should not beleve that it can be better!" But i say, "No, that are not SMS, they are Reiza Studios,, they have good guys, the have got Nils and he knows what he do."

What shuld i say?
I am realy sad and hopeless because that pCARS2-feeling will be not gone after the final release. If that be possible, than only with deleting it and copy paste from AMS1.
But what i know now, when you want to say, "Shut up and take my money!" Think before it. It's funny but expensive some times.

Best wiches from Germany, Manuel

I just testet the Ultima, OldStock, AJR... All the same. No Reiza-Feeling.
Kart and Caterham too. Are the 310HP Caterham damage? More than 170km/h not possible an Spielberg.

Btw.:
I am using the SimuCUBE without any damping or filterring.
But, AMS1 feels grate, too with the G27.

Attachments

• 2020-02-29 03_28_54-Steam.png
    2020-02-29 03_28_54-Steam.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 474
Last edited:
Oh, so that's enough and we don't want it locked and deleted anymore then? :rolleyes:

We (yes I and others) made the observation that the thread title was very misleading long ago and that it immediately gave the wrong impression, but you stuck by your bridges and refused to budge, now you have and like I said, better late than never, so thank you for that.

Then it will always feel "sheeeiiite" because having everything on 100 is ridiculous. If you actually bother to take the time to read up on what the sliders do and how to go about finding optimal settings for your wheel, you might actually get somewhere. There's a massive thread dedicated to this on the Reiza forums.

Sounds more like a wheel issue, since other G29/G27 users are reporting that the FFB feels good. Also, if you bother to read the aforementioned thread, there is a simple tweak which can increase the overall weight of the FFB beyond what is available with the in-game settings.

Suit yourself.

Dude.....i deleted documents folder and it improved..a bit...i've been up and down the scale on the settings.....sure the physics through the wheel is good, but the weight of the wheel turn is undeniably light...and my g29, with 120 gain on logitech controller settings, is MUCH lighter than the lut ive got in asseto.....i took the time to read, and digest, and it made NO difference.....i dloaded the game within 1 hour of it being released and was blown away by ffb, on same wheel , with same logitech settings and ams ffb settings at default.....the AI are shocking, shimmying their way down the straights like metal epileptics....not attacking each other into corners.....yes, i know its in development..yes i know reisa will sort it.....but until it is a better experience than a fully maxed out sol/csp/shader modded AC, i'll be giving it a swerve...adios Goth

But is it still possible with new logitech gaming sw put ffb over 100 as with old logitech panel ? I see only rotation and sensibility and center....
G29 here. Thanks

Ps found a post on RD about this

G29 settings

Via regedit..... i'll try.
@Goffik @Mekonrider @bod cole
Yes, it is!

I found this solution few days ago, and it changed all.

Even my Assetto Corsa personalized RasmusP LUT for thigh center I don't need to use anymore.

Check this: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...g-driver-settings-in-Logitech-Gaming-Software

Report me if it helps.

Not feeling it yet...
The best analogy I can think of is fidelity when listening to music: The low-end & mid-range is fine, but the high end is completely missing.

I have a TC-PC racer with a Buttkicker II under my seat running Sim Commander. When I race in AC, ACC, R3E and RF2, I feel the engine, road surface & curbs in both the seat and the wheel simultaneously. This combination makes the sims feel much more lifelike, especially in VR! The fine details in the wheel feel the best in the two Kunos sims, AC & ACC.

Unfortunately, the wheel/seat synergy isn't happening with Automobilista 2. I feel the weight of the car (low-end), and suspension movement (mid-range), but the fine details are completely missing. And I've tried adjusting the sliders with no results. Interestingly, I do feel the details in my seat, so the sim does have the information. It's just not integrated into the wheel FFB. So, it feels like the car is gliding over the road vs. driving on the road. Not an enjoyable experience.

I really hope they address this soon. But, I'm getting worried as each update appears to miss this completely.

Sorry but the Logitech G series aren't that great. I had one for years, changed up and then kicked myself for not changing up a long time before.

I have to disagree, i had a G27 upgraded to a T300 alcantara which was nice but not a huge improvement.
It had two major issues on day one so i got a refund and recently bought a G29 just to enjoy some casual simracing and reliability peace of mind and its Its perfectly fine with all sims.
Having said that im considering a CSL elite but i play many other games apart from simracing so i might bore of simracing soon :p

• Deleted member 875593

What FFB settings are people using with Fanatec CSW 2.5 with latest patch?
I put everything in the middle, after hours of trying and trying and getting no success, then i gave up and got back to RF2.
There is absolutely no feel for tire load. I´m braking, i´m turning into curves. The feeling i got from the wheel is the same as steering on ice going fully understeer. In other words: no feeling. As if i had nothing in my hands. And i got no, absolutely no brake feeling on my V3 Pedal set with load cell. The brakes lock up or dont - but the critical point is not to be felt.

So in the end i´m completely put off by AMS 2. I think it´s just a graphic phoney. Sure, if you come from a game like PCars, then it´s a massive step up (i think); but coming from a sim like AMS, RF2 and ACC it´s just plain arcade. You can´t handle a 1200hp turboloaded car as if you´re a berzerker on rage with a warhammer. (my opinion)

Sure, if you come from a game like PCars, then it´s a massive step up (i think); but coming from a sim like AMS, RF2 and ACC it´s just plain arcade. You can´t handle a 1200hp turboloaded car as if you´re a berzerker on rage with a warhammer. (my opinion)

You definately have some setup issue there and tbh this seems not uncommon with AMS2. Something seems amiss deep in the bowels of the title I think being as there are plenty of people who just end up with a numb FFB sensation whilst others (like myself CSWv1) are quite happy with the FFB. But when you do get it dialed in, it is far from "just plain arcade". I have been sim racing since sim racing was invented... all the way back to REVS on the c64 (Yes, I am that OLD).

I too love playing rf2 (especially the 60s open wheelers) and don't consider myself someone who expects to "handle a 1200hp turboloaded car as if you´re a berzerker on rage with a warhammer." and equally believes AMS2 is a great sim with lots of potential and wish more people could enjoy it at the level I am. Not sure why so many people seem to end up with such a poor FFB experience given there are only 3 sliders as variables. It does seem like something is amiss under the bonnet somewhere.

Not sure why so many people seem to end up with such a poor FFB experience given there are only 3 sliders as variables.
You just answered your own question. There are only three sliders so it's near impossible to tweak the FFB to suit every wheel currently on the market, let alone to an individual's own personal preferences. (I was going to insert a link to this post, but you are the person who posted it!) :D How can you adjust the individual forces you want/need if they are all clumped together under a couple of sliders?

The potential for great FFB on any wheel is most certainly already there, proven by the stellar work being done by two guys on the AMS 2 forums. Their custom profile opens up a wide range of tweakable values, meaning you can increase, decrease or add various forces to suit your style. It's done wonders for me, I've got FFB that I'm now very happy with on my T300 and which puts the new default to shame, quite frankly.

The BIG drawback is that understanding and tweaking the custom file isn't easy, takes a lot of time and testing (took a whole afternoon to get my FFB set up), and requires you to restart the game every single time you tweak any value whatsoever. It's simply not something the vast majority of people are going to do, so they're going to be stuck with the defaults.

(I was going to insert a link to this post, but you are the person who posted it!) :D How can you adjust the individual forces you want/need if they are all clumped together under a couple of sliders?

hehe, yes indeed, but some people's reports of completely numb, like on ice are so far removed from what you would expect given what you experience yourself its hard to imagine that (even with different wheels) they could be experiencing the same feelings but just not liking it as much.

Its more like they are getting completely different response at the wheel and if I sat at their desk with their wheels with the same settings I have on my setup assuming they have the same wheel as I do, I might also be thinking "WTF.. this can't be right", as if there is more to it than personal preferences.. ie, a difference. You know, the old reboot, reinstall, delete this, delete that, throw salt over left shoulder and suddenly its all performing different without changing a single thing in the slider.

I have had the odd occasion where I thought the FFB felt "different", only to reboot and find its now back to how it seemed to be.. just a brief anomaly, but an anomaly no less and perhaps whatever causes this for me from time to time (very rare but it has happened), is more permanent for others.. Just throwing it out there.. not easily quantifiable of course... no system metrics available... just am starting to think something else might be at play as opposed to personal preference and general setup etc.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.