AMS 2 FFB Discussion

I just tested all settings,
RAW, informative, imersive, more FFB, lower FFB, LowForceBoost 0 40 80...
What I found was the same FFB like in pCARS2, the same damage jolt effekts, when you driving on small bumps, the over powered force, when the car are oversteering, the les details about the rear axle.
It's for me, the biggest disappointment in the year.
You don't beleive me?
Please take a seat in the StockCar or the Falcon V8, starting in Spielberg with clear wather in both games.
The detailed, RAW, real and comprehensible FFB, you are only get in AMS1. The same like rFactor2, but much more heavyer.
In rF² you feel the gene of rF². It's not like AMS but near of it.

AMS2-Beta is for me pCARS2 and i am realy sad, because my hope was realy big. So many people say "Stop! It's pCARS2! You should not beleve that it can be better!" But i say, "No, that are not SMS, they are Reiza Studios,, they have good guys, the have got Nils and he knows what he do."

What shuld i say?
I am realy sad and hopeless because that pCARS2-feeling will be not gone after the final release. If that be possible, than only with deleting it and copy paste from AMS1.
But what i know now, when you want to say, "Shut up and take my money!" Think before it. It's funny but expensive some times.

Best wiches from Germany, Manuel

I just testet the Ultima, OldStock, AJR... All the same. No Reiza-Feeling.
Kart and Caterham too. Are the 310HP Caterham damage? More than 170km/h not possible an Spielberg.

Btw.:
I am using the SimuCUBE without any damping or filterring.
But, AMS1 feels grate, too with the G27.

Attachments

• 2020-02-29 03_28_54-Steam.png
    2020-02-29 03_28_54-Steam.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 473
Last edited:
for me the biggest concerns of reiza with their ffb remains the feeling of braking. I hear that I slip I see smoke in the retro but no sensation. I found a custom that solves the problem and if I block in a straight line I feel everything. But reiza made us a great game for the rest.

Mod Edit: Direct download removed. Please link to the page the download is available from instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me AMS 2 FFB has always been at the bottom of the list of current and last gen racing games, mostly because there have always been some cars that feel really odd even if the majority are okay. I'd put rF2 at the top of the pile on my T500. That isn't to say AMS 2 FFB is a problem it is generally okay for the majority of cars without changing ingame settings. I'm having real issues in the last couple of builds in certain cars though. I dunno if it is suspension or tyres causing it but when straightening the wheel after countersteering there is a harsh tug of FFB in the opposite direction to the countersteer and the wheel wants to oscillate. I've tried many different LFB settings and even a custom FFB file a user created but nothing fixes it. I tried to illustrate in this video by not fighting the wheel as it does this tug of FFB when straightening the wheel coming out of a slide that wants to pull the wheel beyond center back into the direction of the corner. At the end of the video I let go of the wheel all together and it oscillates like crazy. It's a real issue for me, particularly in the Formula Vintage.

Somewhat similar issue to Andy....T300, all the karts are currently undrivable using the base settings the second you enter the kart my wheel cranks full lock to the right.

Edit: the wheel cranking to one side and full pedal input not being recorded seems to be a bug when you alter graphic options that don't prompt a restart. In my case changing grass detail has triggered this, a restart fixes the wheel but pedals seem to have to be unplugged

Braking feel in the cars is also very vague/non existent through the ffb and feel I am braking by sound and sight. No front weight load or initial bite.

Is there a per car ffb setting that can be saved or do I have to re adjust my ffb every time I get in a car?

I for one don't understand those saying it's unjust to compare AMS2 to PC2?
Yes, the games are different but the DNA of the engine is the same, the SETA tire model is being used in both titles, the difference is how the devs use that code.

I feel some are taking the comparison to PC2 as an insult due to the bad wrap the title has gotten on this form.
Personally, the negatives I found in PC2 were all due to a lack of support from SMS and moving on to the next project rather than fixing the issues (FFB & AI).
Which is why I was excited when Reiza choose this engine as I believed it has tons of potential and knew they would get the most out of it.

That being said....Reiza has already improved on the car handling, FFB and AI, tho IMO the rest of the title is pretty rough around the edges and needs alot polishing in the visual and audio department.

Edit: after several hrs last night I've settled with these settings for the Thrustmaster TX
TM profile
All settings at 100
900 degrees
Ingame
Gain 75%
Low FFB Boost 30%
FX 10%

Running Simhud Project Cars 2 profile ingame, 3 rumble motors and 1 bass shaker.
Rumble 1 mounted to the back of the wheel - declaration
Rumble 2- throttle wheel spin
Rumble 3 - brake lock
Bass shaker mounted to the bottom of the seat- suspension telemetry and wheel slip.
Feels great and very immersive. Still tweaking the VR but looks better, I'll wait till V1 is released before really diving in.

Last edited:
While I do not have a T500 I would think you should lower the Gain ether in the wheel software or in-game.
Thanks, I'll try that, problem is normal weight of steering already feels light but this jolt after countersteer feels quite strong (for a T500) I think you might be right though, I might have to make do with light steering in this car.

I for one don't understand those saying it's unjust to compare AMS2 to PC2?
It's not necessarily "unjust", but 99% of comparisons are of the "feels crap just like PC2" variety, which is both meaningless and untrue. That's what people get fed up of because the unpopularity of PC2 is being used as a criticism against AMS 2, often by those that haven't even bothered to actually put any time into one or both sims.

I personally see no real value in a comparison of two games based on the shared engine as the focal point anyway. As I've said before, the engine is just the foundation. What's built on top can and often is entirely different depending on who built it, with little similarity to products using the same foundation. You don't often get people claiming the next big FPS in production will be a load of crap because it uses the same engine as another which was crap, so I don't understand why people do it with racing sims.

Reiza care about their products and their fanbase, SMS don't. That will determine the difference between these two sims, not the underlying engine.

Anyone who says the FFB feels just like PC2, I immediately think of them as someone who's never driven PC2 or AMS2 and is just parroting popular talking points.
They're completely different. Even with custom files, PC2 wasn't even half as good as base AMS2 FFB before tweaking. I say that as trying them on a G29, a CSW 2.5 and now an OSW Small MiGE.

Either you guys are doing weird things with your settings or you're just looking for reasons to dislike it. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty AMS2 doesn't do right and needs to fix. FFB is like, nowhere near the top of that list.

I have no issues catching slides, feeling road details, feeling closer to grip limit when pushing GT/F1 on a hard corner or noticing when I'm getting traction loss by a decline of grip force.

It's FFB is not the best for me, but it's definitely not as bad as R3E. Also it depends on wheel. I considered iRacing's to be worse than ACC and AMS2 on the Fanatec wheelbase. But on the direct drive wheel, iRacing became my favorite FFB. And R3E is just terrible. I don't get why people like that simulator. I spent an hour dialing in settings to get it to finally give me FFB and after all that, it still feels like turning my steering rack through a bucket of rocks.

Some good analysis of AMS2 FFB.

Hmm...
A few points -
1. He didn't talk about his set-ups at all. Set-ups make a massive difference in AMS2.
2. His driving style is pretty bad honestly for high downforce cars. Why was he attacking those slow speed corners like he was in a GT3? Real F1 cars have less grip in slow speed corners than they do at high speed. If anything, his video proved that AC has less realistic physics than AMS2 because driving like that in a real F1 car will put you into the wall.

• Deleted member 197115

Just making sure I am not missing something obvious, there is no per car FFB multiplier just like in PCars2, correct?
FFB gain is all over the place, wondering if there are plans to add this.

• Deleted member 197115

Any DD users here who figured out the right settings, profile to use? Simucube in particular, v1 or v2, doesn't matter.
NuScorpii 2.5 was fine before update, now it's worse than Default which is also far from ideal with violent jabs accompanied by lifeless center, better than before but still half dead.
And new in game damping is one huge fidelity killer, not sure why they recommend to use it over in driver damper, at 0 things get much more alive.

rF2 FFB is dictated by physics, AMS2 is not ;)
That is not subjective :coffee: just fact
Whatever bud. Really not interested in such a BS "discussion".

I thought the FFB had changed since June (when this video was made), so does it still hold?
I'm afraid I'm not about to watch a whole video to confirm one way or another, but the FFB was changed a lot more recently than June. So yeah, the video probably isn't relevant anymore.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back