AMS 2 FFB Discussion

I just tested all settings,
RAW, informative, imersive, more FFB, lower FFB, LowForceBoost 0 40 80...
What I found was the same FFB like in pCARS2, the same damage jolt effekts, when you driving on small bumps, the over powered force, when the car are oversteering, the les details about the rear axle.
It's for me, the biggest disappointment in the year.
You don't beleive me?
Please take a seat in the StockCar or the Falcon V8, starting in Spielberg with clear wather in both games.
The detailed, RAW, real and comprehensible FFB, you are only get in AMS1. The same like rFactor2, but much more heavyer.
In rF² you feel the gene of rF². It's not like AMS but near of it.

AMS2-Beta is for me pCARS2 and i am realy sad, because my hope was realy big. So many people say "Stop! It's pCARS2! You should not beleve that it can be better!" But i say, "No, that are not SMS, they are Reiza Studios,, they have good guys, the have got Nils and he knows what he do."

What shuld i say?
I am realy sad and hopeless because that pCARS2-feeling will be not gone after the final release. If that be possible, than only with deleting it and copy paste from AMS1.
But what i know now, when you want to say, "Shut up and take my money!" Think before it. It's funny but expensive some times.

Best wiches from Germany, Manuel

I just testet the Ultima, OldStock, AJR... All the same. No Reiza-Feeling.
Kart and Caterham too. Are the 310HP Caterham damage? More than 170km/h not possible an Spielberg.

Btw.:
I am using the SimuCUBE without any damping or filterring.
But, AMS1 feels grate, too with the G27.

Attachments

• 2020-02-29 03_28_54-Steam.png
    2020-02-29 03_28_54-Steam.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 472
Last edited:
As has been said a few times over development, the FFB system in AMS2 has been completely redesigned over what was in the engine originally - that doesnt mean everyone will like it (although its very similar to the AMS1 system you seem to like), it doesnt mean that its finished or that its working well with every wheel on the market, but saying its exactly the same just because its not working for you is plain innacurate.

Manuel, please try reporting your issues in our Development forum, we have sample wheels from many of the major manufacturers which helps us get them right from the get-go, but some in the higher line of DD wheels like the SimCube are harder to come by, we rely on users and the developer to help us get it right. You may find further relevant info in the dev forum, such as the fact the “flavour” FFB settings are a leftover from the original UI and make no difference at all to the FFB in AMS2.

Make no mistake the game is unfinished - its not being sold as finished, but that doesnt mean it wont be ;)

Sad to read but not unexpected. A war will rage trough racesimland about this title. Pcars 3 vs AMS2. Fact is: its the madnes engine, not the rFactor engine. Can't make gold out of iron.
As i refunded Pcars 2 after ten minutes i will skip AMS2 and continue ACC.

Madness engine was built on top of rF1 engine. I'll admit I haven't tried the game yet as I'm not an early backer, but I don't share the engine concerns. rF1 engine is now 15 years old and was built for single core Pentium 4 CPU. It's so outdated by now that I can't see how going to Madness engine would be a negative factor in the long run.

T300 and the FFB is already good, most of the in game settings at 50 so some tweaking to be made, but first impressions and it feels on par with RaceRoom to me (been driving that a lot recently) which is IMO Good.

T300 here too, and I got the same good feeling. Didn't touch anything; it doesn't feel as good as ASM1 for the moment but it is heading in the same direction and I have faith Reiza will be able to deliver the same pleasure we had. Can't compare to Pcars as I don't own it.

I played pCars 2 a lot and certainly AMS 2 has it's genes, but the FFB feels far more raw and definitely much better in AMS 2. The physics are more reasonable in terms of general understeer (too much with some cars) instead of insane front-grip like in pCars 2. Certainly AMS-fans might be disappointed since a lot of this sketchy rF1-physics are gone like easily spinning a car if you go a little over the throttle-threshold. I personally wasn't a fan of this unforgiveness in AMS-physics, since racecars are a bit too costly to throw them away with rather tiny mistakes.

This early build (I wouldn't call beta) is at least better than ACC during the Early Access phase i would say, but it rather needs a year more than a month.

Manuel, please try reporting your issues in our Development forum, we have sample wheels from many of the major manufacturers which helps us get them right from the get-go, but some in the higher line of DD wheels like the SimCube are harder to come by, we rely on users and the developer to help us get it right.
My Accuforce v1 only seems to steer reasonable with 360° DOR in the driver no matter which car. Also there doesn't seem to be any UDP-output for Motion and tactile feedback. Is there a plan to fix this?

That's very discouraging to hear. :(

Having said that, GamerMuscle seems to very much disagree with you. Which brings some hope!

Slightly surprised at how he can stamp on full-throttle half way through some turns and not lose the back end. The Caterham is a pretty raw, basic car with no traction control and no aero to stick it to the track. That just doesn’t look realistic to me.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.1%