AMS 2 FFB Discussion

I just tested all settings,
RAW, informative, imersive, more FFB, lower FFB, LowForceBoost 0 40 80...
What I found was the same FFB like in pCARS2, the same damage jolt effekts, when you driving on small bumps, the over powered force, when the car are oversteering, the les details about the rear axle.
It's for me, the biggest disappointment in the year.
You don't beleive me?
Please take a seat in the StockCar or the Falcon V8, starting in Spielberg with clear wather in both games.
The detailed, RAW, real and comprehensible FFB, you are only get in AMS1. The same like rFactor2, but much more heavyer.
In rF² you feel the gene of rF². It's not like AMS but near of it.

AMS2-Beta is for me pCARS2 and i am realy sad, because my hope was realy big. So many people say "Stop! It's pCARS2! You should not beleve that it can be better!" But i say, "No, that are not SMS, they are Reiza Studios,, they have good guys, the have got Nils and he knows what he do."

What shuld i say?
I am realy sad and hopeless because that pCARS2-feeling will be not gone after the final release. If that be possible, than only with deleting it and copy paste from AMS1.
But what i know now, when you want to say, "Shut up and take my money!" Think before it. It's funny but expensive some times.

Best wiches from Germany, Manuel

I just testet the Ultima, OldStock, AJR... All the same. No Reiza-Feeling.
Kart and Caterham too. Are the 310HP Caterham damage? More than 170km/h not possible an Spielberg.

Btw.:
I am using the SimuCUBE without any damping or filterring.
But, AMS1 feels grate, too with the G27.

Attachments

• 2020-02-29 03_28_54-Steam.png
    2020-02-29 03_28_54-Steam.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 477
Last edited:
I only complain about the fact yet we don't have the possibility to adjust FXs individuality with separated sliders like AC does.

Example: I have an cheaper wheel (G29) what requires a lot of personal little adjustments to achieve a sweet spot of car feeling and fx in general. I'm sure on my G29 I can't feel the tires slip as you can feel on an high line class of steering wheel like an Fanatec or even an t300. So, give to me the chance to adjust by myself these FXs individuality.

Thx reiza

No idea what kind of crack people are smoking that think the FFB feels like PC2.

Half the people saying this are big PCars detractors which means they probably barely played the game. At the very least, they probably haven't played it for months, if not years. How they can make a fully informed opinion on how similar AMS 2s FFB is to PCars is therefore rather suspect, in my view. (No, I didn't like PCars 2 either.)

But that's the way things are. People like to exaggerate in some kind of mis-guided belief that it enhances their point. It's like when people say a brand new game without absolutely top-spec graphics "looks like a PS2 game". They must have had a bloody good PS2 and played games I never had access to then, because no AAA game I've played in the last ten years has looked like a PS2 game.

Half the people saying this are big PCars detractors which means they probably barely played the game. At the very least, they probably haven't played it for months, if not years. How they can make a fully informed opinion on how similar AMS 2s FFB is to PCars is therefore rather suspect, in my view. (No, I didn't like PCars 2 either.)

But that's the way things are. People like to exaggerate in some kind of mis-guided belief that it enhances their point. It's like when people say a brand new game without absolutely top-spec graphics "looks like a PS2 game". They must have had a bloody good PS2 and played games I never had access to then, because no AAA game I've played in the last ten years has looked like a PS2 game.

I have played both pcars 1 and 2 i own both.
Im pretty sure there are a hell of a lot of people who say pcars ffb and physics are terrible like me know what they are talking about.
Its not even an opinion anymore, its an actual fact.
pcars ffb in particular is absolutely shameful, it always was and always will be from sms.
But hey each to their own, if x or y enjoy it then fair enough, its all about fun at the end of the day.

Im pretty sure there are a hell of a lot of people who say pcars ffb and physics are terrible like me know what they are talking about.
You totally missed my point mate. I never said anything about PCars FFB and physics not being bad. I think they're bad myself, which is why I said I'm not a fan of those games. Read my post again to see what I actually meant.

I had 4 primary issues with the FFB in PC2.

1. The load up feeling wasn't very rubbery, it was a pretty linear force without a lot of texture and you just didn't get a good sense of traction available or that squishy load up feel.
2. The cars were numb coming into corners. This was partly a lack of weight transfer feel on the brakes (a trait AMS2 shares) but also a lack of anything but FX in regards to ABS.
3. The understeer feeling was garbage and not very informative.
4. Self-alignment force overrode everything else, made the back catchable but the rear of the cars was overactive especially in corner entry (also a trait AMS2 shares).

So it had rear feel but little in the way of front feel. AMS2 is actually quite similar in that regard. There is a reason people drawing comparisons of the two because while AMS2 is missing similar things to PC2 that are necessary to feel the car well.

Yes AMS2 is not perfect and its compare to PC2 but wait for more update and i am sure it will get better . I am not a fan of PC2 and at the end of the early release AMS2 will be much better then PC2 i am sure, for now i have a lot of fun with AMS2. Reiza continue your good work.

Testing the new release today what still isn't very good in the FFB:

1) Brake feel is still garbage, you can just plough slightly on the brakes and its just numb. Something is off with trail braking to push grip forwards as it drops grip out of the car even with small amounts of brake and this goes beyond the likely too far forward BB the default setup is using because it's not like the back will step out.
2) Understeer feel on turn-in is missing or hidden by the numb trail braking.
3) Oversteer feel on power is too late, I see it long before I get any self alignment feel making small overpower mistakes big catch events. The rear is very lively.
4) There isn't much in the way of good feeling that you are about to break traction especially on the rear, it just snaps. They made it catchable but not detectable.
5) The sensation of load up at the front on braking isn't present. Brake and turn a little and it just doesn't get heavier and it ought to so its difficult to find the limit of traction.

Still a lot wrong with the FFB or physics of the game. The main thing I notice that is so wrong is how much the cars plough forwards on small amounts of brake input, they ought to get more front grip not less.

Is there somewhere up to date settings the dev's use for each wheel base/in game settings are listed? I've searched the fanatec forums, and only find older settings to try - with my DD1 and Porsche rim, make the game less than what I had hoped for. I've tried searching, but haven't found the right forum yet - so if anyone has a link, I would appreciate the link.

Otherwise, I'm also not happy with the FFB in AMS2 (I have never played AMS1 or PCars 1/2 on my DD1 - just ACC, AC, and rf2.)

Thanks in advance.

I've tried searching, but haven't found the right forum yet - so if anyone has a link, I would appreciate the link.
The official AMS 2 forums. There's a massive thread on FFB with settings for numerous wheels mentioned. However, good luck finding any consistency. Even on the same wheel, each individual seems to prefer a completely different profile and different slider settings. You're probably better off just finding your own settings, to be honest.

So which one is better?

At the moment, AMS 2 New Default feels a lot better than even my most tweaked super-hyper-mega FFB custom file for pC2, in general. Having said that, it IS car dependent and car setup related.. which seems to be a fact many people dismiss. The actual cars own suspension geometry, tires and car setup have a HUGE impact of the FFB in both games. There are cars in pC2 that feel absolutely awesome on my T300 with my own custom FFB file. Then there are cars that are utterly broken no matter how much you try to "fix" it with FFB tweaks.

Same applies for AMS 2. Some cars are still "weird" but these are rare, unlike pC2 where it felt like almost half the roster is in the weird category.

But yeah, in short: AMS 2 is definitely far superior overall. Especially compared to pC2 default FFB that I don't get along with.

I had 4 primary issues with the FFB in PC2.

1. The load up feeling wasn't very rubbery, it was a pretty linear force without a lot of texture and you just didn't get a good sense of traction available or that squishy load up feel.
2. The cars were numb coming into corners. This was partly a lack of weight transfer feel on the brakes (a trait AMS2 shares) but also a lack of anything but FX in regards to ABS.
3. The understeer feeling was garbage and not very informative.
4. Self-alignment force overrode everything else, made the back catchable but the rear of the cars was overactive especially in corner entry (also a trait AMS2 shares).

So it had rear feel but little in the way of front feel. AMS2 is actually quite similar in that regard. There is a reason people drawing comparisons of the two because while AMS2 is missing similar things to PC2 that are necessary to feel the car well.
This 4 points are in AMS2 FFB for my part .Same behavior

Another thing to consider is that FFB feeling is time-dependant. If you play months with a sim, your brain will adapt to the sim feedback, and even a not-so-informative FFB may become informative. When you switch to another sim, you (may) need time to adapt, and find it unplayable. I found AC a disaster after GTR2. Than I switch to PC2 and I need about a month to adapt to the game. After months, I tried again AC and the feedback was quite natural. Conversely, rF2 was very natural for me since first trials, but it dont give me most of feedback reported by others (eg under braking). Finally, it is car and setup dependant (for almost every sim).

Another matter of discussion is if a ffb must be informative about the car, or just "realistic" (and some forces may be unnotice in modern sport cars)... finally is a matter of taste.

The steering in AMS 2 is something else, as in, a real real good way - the way the vehicles turn into the corner is one of the most realistic, if not the most, I have ever encountered in sim' racing. However, the braking feels nuked to me - don't really want to be messing about with settings like PC2 so I hope Reiza work on this soon as default doesn't feel right to me - seems to be ON or OFF with not much inbetween.

As has been said a few times over development, the FFB system in AMS2 has been completely redesigned over what was in the engine originally - that doesnt mean everyone will like it (although its very similar to the AMS1 system you seem to like), it doesnt mean that its finished or that its working well with every wheel on the market, but saying its exactly the same just because its not working for you is plain innacurate.

Manuel, please try reporting your issues in our Development forum, we have sample wheels from many of the major manufacturers which helps us get them right from the get-go, but some in the higher line of DD wheels like the SimCube are harder to come by, we rely on users and the developer to help us get it right. You may find further relevant info in the dev forum, such as the fact the “flavour” FFB settings are a leftover from the original UI and make no difference at all to the FFB in AMS2.

Make no mistake the game is unfinished - its not being sold as finished, but that doesnt mean it wont be ;)
FFB with Servo drive is totally zero (unbelievable **** and unbelieveble that its like that with N Heusinkveld in developing reize and he is driving also with DD wheel I had 20 minutes to much openend ams2 on steam and didnt get refund thats crazy on physical items you get 2weeks and that you can return damaged on digital only 2 hours wtf what is to be damaged on digital content. AMS is way behind rf2 with physics even with graphics ams2 isnt better then rf2 engine

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 31 40.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 39 51.3%