AMS 2 FFB Discussion

I just tested all settings,
RAW, informative, imersive, more FFB, lower FFB, LowForceBoost 0 40 80...
What I found was the same FFB like in pCARS2, the same damage jolt effekts, when you driving on small bumps, the over powered force, when the car are oversteering, the les details about the rear axle.
It's for me, the biggest disappointment in the year.
You don't beleive me?
Please take a seat in the StockCar or the Falcon V8, starting in Spielberg with clear wather in both games.
The detailed, RAW, real and comprehensible FFB, you are only get in AMS1. The same like rFactor2, but much more heavyer.
In rF² you feel the gene of rF². It's not like AMS but near of it.

AMS2-Beta is for me pCARS2 and i am realy sad, because my hope was realy big. So many people say "Stop! It's pCARS2! You should not beleve that it can be better!" But i say, "No, that are not SMS, they are Reiza Studios,, they have good guys, the have got Nils and he knows what he do."

What shuld i say?
I am realy sad and hopeless because that pCARS2-feeling will be not gone after the final release. If that be possible, than only with deleting it and copy paste from AMS1.
But what i know now, when you want to say, "Shut up and take my money!" Think before it. It's funny but expensive some times.

Best wiches from Germany, Manuel

I just testet the Ultima, OldStock, AJR... All the same. No Reiza-Feeling.
Kart and Caterham too. Are the 310HP Caterham damage? More than 170km/h not possible an Spielberg.

Btw.:
I am using the SimuCUBE without any damping or filterring.
But, AMS1 feels grate, too with the G27.

Attachments

• 2020-02-29 03_28_54-Steam.png
    2020-02-29 03_28_54-Steam.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 474
Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

FFB with Servo drive is totally zero (unbelievable **** and unbelieveble that its like that with N Heusinkveld in developing reize and he is driving also with DD wheel I had 20 minutes to much openend ams2 on steam and didnt get refund thats crazy on physical items you get 2weeks and that you can return damaged on digital only 2 hours wtf what is to be damaged on digital content. AMS is way behind rf2 with physics even with graphics ams2 isnt better then rf2 engine
Niels is not part of AMS2 project.

FFB with Servo drive is totally zero (unbelievable **** and unbelieveble that its like that with N Heusinkveld in developing reize and he is driving also with DD wheel I had 20 minutes to much openend ams2 on steam and didnt get refund thats crazy on physical items you get 2weeks and that you can return damaged on digital only 2 hours wtf what is to be damaged on digital content. AMS is way behind rf2 with physics even with graphics ams2 isnt better then rf2 engine
What a roaster...

Testing today's latest again looking for the forces that were missing before, still not finding them. There remains no obvious load up on brakes, I hear the lockups rather than feel them and I certainly don't have any feeling of where the peak brake capability is as there is no build-up of load or fall off as you exceed it. Understeer feel remains hard to find and the lateral grip feel is quite hard to utilise, I see it rather than feel it. The V8 still has that weird on throttle kick physics as well which remains concerning. The cars still turn better without any trail braking at all, I had to push brake balance rearward to get them to turn at all while on the brakes and then the back would break loose first so something is just wrong physics wise there. There is also only self-aligning feel no on limit feel so you only know the car is going to break once it's done it.

Honestly, I can't tell much difference from the previous release. It has improved a little in what it was doing, the cars feel a little closer to normal but the physics/FFB is still wrong in a variety of ways and the cars just feel odd and nothing that was missing on the front axle in FFB is now present. As before I tried the Caterham superlight, V8, stockcar and a P3. Remain resounding on the "its got similar issues to PC2" on the basis of feel and physics.

PS had the gear stick binding problem again, no idea what is going on there but it won't take inputs from it again. I started fresh by deleting the AMS2 directory in My Documents.

Last edited:
Testing today's latest again looking for the forces that were missing before, still not finding them. There remains no obvious load up on brakes, I hear the lockups rather than feel them and I certainly don't have any feeling of where the peak brake capability is as there is no build-up of load or fall off as you exceed it. Understeer feel remains hard to find and the lateral grip feel is quite hard to utilise, I see it rather than feel it. The V8 still has that weird on throttle kick physics as well which remains concerning. The cars still turn better without any trail braking at all, I had to push brake balance rearward to get them to turn at all while on the brakes and then the back would break loose first so something is just wrong physics wise there. There is also only self-aligning feel no on limit feel so you only know the car is going to break once it's done it.

Honestly, I can't tell much difference from the previous release. It has improved a little in what it was doing, the cars feel a little closer to normal but the physics/FFB is still wrong in a variety of ways and the cars just feel odd and nothing that was missing on the front axle in FFB is now present. As before I tried the Caterham superlight, V8, stockcar and a P3. Remain resounding on the "its got similar issues to PC2" on the basis of feel and physics.

Sharing you in game FFB settings as well as steering wheel settings would help others to help you. Now perhaps your settings are totally off, we don't know...

Sharing you in game FFB settings as well as steering wheel settings would help others to help you. Now perhaps your settings are totally off, we don't know...

TS-PC Racer, mostly left on defaults so 100, 50 and then 50 although also messed around about with 100,25,25 and 100,0,0. No amount of messing with that adds forces in that aren't there in the signal at all, I might be able to enhance them maybe but still aren't there so nothing to enhance.

TS-PC Racer, mostly left on defaults so 100, 50 and then 50 although also messed around about with 100,25,25 and 100,0,0. No amount of messing with that adds forces in that aren't there in the signal at all, I might be able to enhance them maybe but still aren't there so nothing to enhance.

Just to double check have you tried this:

"'Be advised you must reset your car setups to properly experience recent physics developments - setup changes are auto-saved and reloaded whenever you choose the same car so if you have an old setup change it will still be applying with potentially incompatible changes from the new build- to avoid such issues, upon loading a car in v0.9.2.1 make sure to go into Setup screen & click "reset to default"; if in doubt or to assure you´re running current default settings, a fresh player profile is recommend (you can create a fresh profile by deleting your local My Docs/Automobilista 2 folder - be advised this will delete all your game settings). "'

Now since you posted settings that you tried perhaps someone with same setup has any advice. I have DD wheel so could not speak for TS-PC Racer. From my end I am satisfied with the FFB. FFB was a bit lacking in tyre scrub and locking but I increased FX and now I could feel it through the steering wheel .

Yes & no. It's like comparing AMS1 with rF1, they mostly have the same code, but not completely, so the differences are useful. If I could get PCARS2 to feel like AMS2, I'd be happier :cool:

Of course and there are A LOT of things that need to be improved in AMS2.
But the back to back comparison with Pcars2 is already embarrassing for the latter.

After all the updates comparing AMS2 with pCars is totally unfair.
Agreed, I think it's a pointless comparison in the way people currently use it, but no doubt it will continue. It's like comparing two games simply because they both use the Unreal engine in my view. As I've mentioned before, having the same foundation doesn't mean the building on top is the same, or even similar. Depends on the people building it more than anything else, and Reiza vs SMS is like chalk and cheese.

Is there somewhere up to date settings the dev's use for each wheel base/in game settings are listed? I've searched the fanatec forums, and only find older settings to try - with my DD1 and Porsche rim, make the game less than what I had hoped for. I've tried searching, but haven't found the right forum yet - so if anyone has a link, I would appreciate the link.

Otherwise, I'm also not happy with the FFB in AMS2 (I have never played AMS1 or PCars 1/2 on my DD1 - just ACC, AC, and rf2.)

Thanks in advance.

Not sure about devs settings but pm me or send some contact i will send you my DD1 settings + custom file i made for more scrubbing feel. Honestly this game is one of the best FFB on DD1!

Sure, so attached is the ffb custom file. It only has the scrub altered, imo the LFB is fine on DD1 and reducing center stickyness loses some of the road ondulations. Also included the DD1 profile I use for AMS2. I lower strength of ffb on the base rather than in game. Dont forget to calibrate wheel ingame to get the rotation correct for each car.

The ingame settings:

Custom file profile
79/30/50

DD1.jpg

Attachments

• ffb_custom_settings.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 89
Agreed, I think it's a pointless comparison in the way people currently use it, but no doubt it will continue. It's like comparing two games simply because they both use the Unreal engine in my view. As I've mentioned before, having the same foundation doesn't mean the building on top is the same, or even similar. Depends on the people building it more than anything else, and Reiza vs SMS is like chalk and cheese.
Are you saying ACC FFB doesn't feel exactly like Gears of War controller rumble? :roflmao:

Back to reality now, i believe i gave PCars 2 more of a shot than the majority of the simracing community, i didn't give up easily and tried to "make it work".
And honestly i can't see much similarity on how cars handle or how they transmit forces back to the wheel.

I'd say things like the criticism about weak/non perceptible longitudinal forces were very fair until this latest update, but please criticize AMS 2 on it's own merits, the "it's just PCars 2.5" is just silly.

Try playing this on a g29!...absolute sheeeiiite!....everything up to 100..light as a feather..skatey and delayed..adjusted force gain in logitech software..still shite...the first release was ok, but the game seems to be going backwards....i left it for a month from inital build cos rubbish ai were getting annoying....now the ffb AND rubbish AI has me going back to asseto for another month....

everything up to 100
Then it will always feel "sheeeiiite" because having everything on 100 is ridiculous. If you actually bother to take the time to read up on what the sliders do and how to go about finding optimal settings for your wheel, you might actually get somewhere. There's a massive thread dedicated to this on the Reiza forums.

light as a feather
Sounds more like a wheel issue, since other G29/G27 users are reporting that the FFB feels good. Also, if you bother to read the aforementioned thread, there is a simple tweak which can increase the overall weight of the FFB beyond what is available with the in-game settings.

now the ffb AND rubbish AI has me going back to asseto for another month
Suit yourself.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes