Amazing: Ilja's lights shader mod now has your car reflections in mirrors

Apologies for the badly-worded thread title. I'm a little excited!
This is simply incredible in VR. Immersion goes off the scale.

Download the review51 version of Ilja's light patch
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...0168374293/lights-patch-v0.1.23-preview51.zip
(drag the zip file into CM)

In:
steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/extension/config/smart_mirror.ini
paste the following and save:
[REAL_MIRRORS]
ENABLED=1
SHOW_CAR=1

And you now will have the inside of the car and the rear window showing in your rear-view mirror, and the sides of the car showing in your wing mirrors. And if you are playing as God intended (VR) then.... the view in the mirrors will move when you move your head.
You know when, in real car, you lean forward to check your blind spots in your wing mirrors? Yep. That's now possible. BUT YOU CAN NOW SEE YOUR CAR IN THE REFLECTION TOO.
Amazing in tip-tops, amazing in open-tops.

The app for the in-game adjustments (including individual mirror adjustment L/R/U/D and FoV) is here:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/453595062299918337/481608826269859870/AccExtMirrors.7z
(drag the zip file into CM)
(don't forget to tick it in Assetto Corsa -- Apps in CM settings)

Ilja is a bloody WARLOCK. He's starting to scare me now.

Last edited:
Content manager trial version is not a buy contract. I have no obligation to buy it. Also i rarely use it. The "right thing" is only in your culture, in my culture it doesn't work that way.

The great people in this message board have no obligation in answering any of your requests for help every other day. Yet you always get help...

Don’t think it’s a culture issue :whistling:

Content manager trial version is not a buy contract. I have no obligation to buy it. Also i rarely use it. The "right thing" is only in your culture, in my culture it doesn't work that way.
You have an obligation to buy it if you want to use it for the purposes you indicate.
Seriously dude, a couple of bucks will get it and you can then start enjoying its excellent features instead of posting about how you can't access them.

Download
Go to website https://discordapp.com/invite/Mhd6dzY
On the top left of web page click.... #updates-download
Download latest version (which is at the very bottom of page)

Install Files
Once downloaded unzip the file
Go into unzipped folder (usually called "lights-patch-v....") then the "Mods" folder and then "Shaders Lights Patch" folder
Copy the three folders "apps" "Content" "Extension" and the two files "description.jsgme" "dwrite"
Paste the files/folder into your "Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa" folder (and overwrite if asked)

Edit Config File
Once done, Go into folder "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config" and edit file "Smart_mirror.ini"
Change the [REAL_MIRRORS} section in the file so it looks like below (assuming your using VR)
[REAL_MIRRORS]
ENABLED=1 ; Active; 1 or 0
SHOW_CAR=1 ; Show car in reflections; 1 or 0
VR_STEREO=1 ; Stereo reflections in VR; 1 or 0
VR_LOCK=0 ; VR lock; 1 or 0
SHOW_HEAD=1 ; Show driver head in reflections; 1 or 0
RENDER_PER_FRAME=1
RENDER_ONLY_VISIBLE=1

Now instead of discussing the benifits of using content manager can we get back to the topic of Ilja's excellent FREE work that he is continuing to develope. You all seemed to have overlooked the fact I posted on page 9 that he is now trying to move the fuel warning light in VR.

Hey guys,

Just found this thread and am just getting into seriously modding AC. I tried to install the light shader patch through CM but after I do, it says the version I'm using is obsolete and to download a newer version. I've downloaded the latest version 3 times along with a preview version and get the same thing.

Any one able to help?

Hey guys,

Just found this thread and am just getting into seriously modding AC. I tried to install the light shader patch through CM but after I do, it says the version I'm using is obsolete and to download a newer version. I've downloaded the latest version 3 times along with a preview version and get the same thing.

Any one able to help?

If you are using the free version of content manager... you can't install the patch via content manager. The options are... used the paid version of content manager or do the manual install (as detailed a few posts back)

The advantage of JSGME is ... it's easy to understand how it works and to use it ... and moreover it may be used in all sims.
Once you've experienced it a few times ... you know how to play with it, and not just for AC but for all sims ( and surely many more games if you're a gamer besides a simracer ).

But I must admit that in the case of Content Manager for AC .... it's a real perfect work.
The reason why I use .... both: JSGME for install and activation as I'm used to it for years and everything else with CM full version ( a little donation ?? X4Fab is really deserving it, and many others too ! ).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back