Amazing: Ilja's lights shader mod now has your car reflections in mirrors

Apologies for the badly-worded thread title. I'm a little excited!
This is simply incredible in VR. Immersion goes off the scale.

Download the review51 version of Ilja's light patch
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...0168374293/lights-patch-v0.1.23-preview51.zip
(drag the zip file into CM)

In:
steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/extension/config/smart_mirror.ini
paste the following and save:
[REAL_MIRRORS]
ENABLED=1
SHOW_CAR=1

And you now will have the inside of the car and the rear window showing in your rear-view mirror, and the sides of the car showing in your wing mirrors. And if you are playing as God intended (VR) then.... the view in the mirrors will move when you move your head.
You know when, in real car, you lean forward to check your blind spots in your wing mirrors? Yep. That's now possible. BUT YOU CAN NOW SEE YOUR CAR IN THE REFLECTION TOO.
Amazing in tip-tops, amazing in open-tops.

The app for the in-game adjustments (including individual mirror adjustment L/R/U/D and FoV) is here:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/453595062299918337/481608826269859870/AccExtMirrors.7z
(drag the zip file into CM)
(don't forget to tick it in Assetto Corsa -- Apps in CM settings)

Ilja is a bloody WARLOCK. He's starting to scare me now.

Last edited:
I've been outta the loop for a few weeks but I'm trying to get this working this morning but the smart_mirror.ini is not in my install. I have the latest version of CM as well as the latest preview of the shaders mod.

I've been outta the loop for a few weeks but I'm trying to get this working this morning but the smart_mirror.ini is not in my install. I have the latest version of CM as well as the latest preview of the shaders mod.

You need to go into the X:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\MODS\Shaders Lights Patch\extension\config then open the smart_mirror.ini and change in [REAL MIRRORS] ENABLED=0 to ENABLED=1

Thanks! I use VR; does anything else need to be enabled?

Enjoy! (Haven't tried enabling VR_LOCK yet as this set up works perfectly for me)

[REAL_MIRRORS]
ENABLED=1
SHOW_CAR=1
VR_STEREO=1
VR_LOCK=0
SHOW_HEAD=1
RENDER_PER_FRAME=1 ; set it to 1 to make real mirrors refresh less frequent, but have practically zero FPS cost
RENDER_ONLY_VISIBLE=0 ; doesn’t work with virtual mirror at the moment

Enjoy! (Haven't tried enabling VR_LOCK yet as this set up works perfectly for me)

[REAL_MIRRORS]
ENABLED=1
SHOW_CAR=1
VR_STEREO=1
VR_LOCK=0
SHOW_HEAD=1
RENDER_PER_FRAME=1 ; set it to 1 to make real mirrors refresh less frequent, but have practically zero FPS cost
RENDER_ONLY_VISIBLE=0 ; doesn’t work with virtual mirror at the moment
I don't think you need VR_LOCK, it locks the head position and I only added it as a request.
You could try RENDER_ONLY_VISIBLE=1 though, should give you an fps increase at least with three mirrored cars where you don't usually have all of them in your view simultaneously.

Ok my settings look like that but with the new RSS V6 the smart mirrors weren't working in VR.
did you make the changes to Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\smart_mirror.ini ?
Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\MODS\Shaders Lights Patch is the source directory for the mod installation and any changes made there will not have an effect after installing the mod

Sorry, thought it was answered already by @Please Stop This
For any kind of glare effect you will need some PP filter. The shaders act only at each individual pixel, so any kind of non-local effect needs post processing.
Thank you. But is it possible to make the brake lights brighter using some shader mod, so the brake lights are better visible when post processing is off (for performance reasons), and, I understand, without the glow effect?

Thank you. But is it possible to make the brake lights brighter using some shader mod, so the brake lights are better visible when post processing is off (for performance reasons), and, I understand, without the glow effect?
Just making the lights themself brighter should be possible. Everything is configurable, but you might need to make per car configurations for that. Have a look at extension\config\cars\mods\acclub\ft_morgan_3_wheeler.ini as an example. There is a [LIGHT_BRAKES] section where the last value in the COLOR setting (3) is basically a brightness multiplier. There is probably a more general way but I'd recommend going to the Discord and ask the question there, I'm just the mirror guy.

What exactly do the dxgi.dll and dxgi.ini files do ? I noticed I didn't need to them to get the shaders mod working although the headlights are blocky in shape with out these files. Some sort of masking effect to round the corners of the light projected from the headlamps ?

Just a question about headlights, on the GT3 RS during daytime the headlights are on and very visible on the track, but there is no way to turn them off... keyboard L doesn't work, is there a way?

I have PP filters off for performance reasons in VR. When I turn PP on there are no headlights visible on track and everything seems normal..
Do I absolutely need PP filters for this mod to work? Because with PP filters my FPS drops from 90 to 50 :(

I’m only interested in the beautiful mirrors. I only drive during the day so I really don’t need the beautiful lights ;) That means I also don’t need PP filters... It’s just a too large hit on my fps..

So: how can I switch off the lights (or the reflecting/blooming effects) I don’t need them during my daylight only driving. Love the new fancy mirrors though!

Last edited:
Just a question about headlights, on the GT3 RS during daytime the headlights are on and very visible on the track, but there is no way to turn them off... keyboard L doesn't work, is there a way?

I have PP filters off for performance reasons in VR. When I turn PP on there are no headlights visible on track and everything seems normal..
Do I absolutely need PP filters for this mod to work? Because with PP filters my FPS drops from 90 to 50 :(

I’m only interested in the beautiful mirrors. I only drive during the day so I really don’t need the beautiful lights ;) That means I also don’t need PP filters... It’s just a too large hit on my fps..

So: how can I switch off the lights (or the reflecting/blooming effects) I don’t need them during my daylight only driving. Love the new fancy mirrors though!
The lighting related stuff can be disabled with ENABLED=0 in extension\config\lighting_fx.ini

The lighting related stuff can be disabled with ENABLED=0 in extension\config\lighting_fx.ini

Thanks, that did the trick! Now I can enjoy the beautiful mirrors with 90 fps with everything on max! And now it even stays on 90 fps with PP filters on :) That lighting effect is really heavy it seems...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back