Amazing: Ilja's lights shader mod now has your car reflections in mirrors

Apologies for the badly-worded thread title. I'm a little excited!
This is simply incredible in VR. Immersion goes off the scale.

Download the review51 version of Ilja's light patch
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...0168374293/lights-patch-v0.1.23-preview51.zip
(drag the zip file into CM)

In:
steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/extension/config/smart_mirror.ini
paste the following and save:
[REAL_MIRRORS]
ENABLED=1
SHOW_CAR=1

And you now will have the inside of the car and the rear window showing in your rear-view mirror, and the sides of the car showing in your wing mirrors. And if you are playing as God intended (VR) then.... the view in the mirrors will move when you move your head.
You know when, in real car, you lean forward to check your blind spots in your wing mirrors? Yep. That's now possible. BUT YOU CAN NOW SEE YOUR CAR IN THE REFLECTION TOO.
Amazing in tip-tops, amazing in open-tops.

The app for the in-game adjustments (including individual mirror adjustment L/R/U/D and FoV) is here:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/453595062299918337/481608826269859870/AccExtMirrors.7z
(drag the zip file into CM)
(don't forget to tick it in Assetto Corsa -- Apps in CM settings)

Ilja is a bloody WARLOCK. He's starting to scare me now.

Last edited:
did you make the changes to Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\smart_mirror.ini ?
Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\MODS\Shaders Lights Patch is the source directory for the mod installation and any changes made there will not have an effect after installing the mod

The smart_mirror.ini is not there in my install. Guess I've done something wrong.

The smart_mirror.ini is not there in my install. Guess I've done something wrong.
Hi @Dave_6, I initially had the same problem and solved it by deactivating Ilja's shader mod (ie moving it from right to left in the Content Manager window), then right-clicking it and deleting it (in the same CM window), then installing the latest version of the shader mod from scratch (by just dragging the zip file into any CM window). It seems I'd have issues if I just tried overwriting the shader mod with a new version without deleting it first.

Not sure if this will help but it worked for me. I do this every time I install a new preview of the shader mod.

I found it better to just install the mod via simple drag and drop right into the main assettocorsa folder. It does not overwrite any existing Kunos files (any overwrite prompt that comes up will be for files of an older version of shader mod). I also had issues until I did it like this.

Finally got a chance to try this and have a look at the mirror myself.

Holy ****. This is awesome.

[EDIT] Just ran a 25 lap race at Spa 24hr layout with 41 cars (including me). Had some frame dropping mid race, but I think I can optimize my settings a little to fix that. What a spectacular change the mirrors make. What a fantastic race with the AI, too; sore wrist kept me about three quarters of a second off my best time and it looked like I was going to wind up 3rd after starting 15th. Leaders caught some traffic with a couple laps to go and I was able to pip them both in the section leading up to the bus stop to take the win. :D

Last edited:
Well IRL, the side mirrors i set them at such an angle that i can't see the sides of the car. Because if i can see the sides of the car means im not taking advantage of all the mirror zone. So the only improvement would be the center mirror.

Last edited:
Hav
Well IRL, the side mirrors i set them at such an angle that i can't see the sides of the car. Because if i can see the sides of the car means im not taking advantage of all the mirror zone. So the only improvement would be the center mirror.
Have you downloaded the "BLM Car" app? it allows you to adjust the mirror angles and FOV for each mirror so you don't need to see the sides of the car.

Not true, when you move you head in real life you can see the side of the car, even if it is properly adjusted for covering blind spot when driving. It is the same with “real mirror” app.
Additionally, many race cars, hyper cars and open wheelers don’t have a center mirror or the view is partially blocked making then not useable.

Not true, when you move you head in real life you can see the side of the car, even if it is properly adjusted for covering blind spot when driving. It is the same with “real mirror” app.
Additionally, many race cars, hyper cars and open wheelers don’t have a center mirror or the view is partially blocked making then not useable.
Then it would make a difference when using VR and only if you move your head to such an angle you could the sides.

What can i do?
You can stop farting around, put your hand in your pocket and donate the price of a cup of coffee to get the full version of this excellent mod. Your sim life will be orders of magnitude richer as a result and you will have shown your appreciation for the thousands of man-hours that a group of dedicated modders have poured into this project.
:p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back