Alright when was that again.....?

well, if this is how he handles PR ...

128625584_3627746043958064_5444398605845013334_n.png

It's funny how people think Mercedes can just grab any driver under contract. Racing Point is fighting for P3 in constructors, Perez is not going to go. Russell is at Williams, again seems far-fetched to make a move for a driver in an existing team. It's not even critical for Mercedes to score points anymore as everything is decided, they can literally put anyone in the car, there is no need to pay massive sums to existing teams to release their driver...

If I'm not mistaken, Russell is under contract with Mercedes and "on loan" to Williams. I'm pretty sure that if Toto gives them a call, he can get Russell in Hamilton's car immediately and Williams can always put whoever is their reserve driver in Russell's place.

If I'm not mistaken, Russell is under contract with Mercedes and "on loan" to Williams. I'm pretty sure that if Toto gives them a call, he can get Russell in Hamilton's car immediately and Williams can always put whoever is their reserve driver in Russell's place.
This makes more sense now.

Still, I just don't see Mercedes making waves by bringing on Russell. There's no reason with everything all sewn up. Vandoorne has been in the simulator and knows the car. I think it'd be worth him winning just so Verstappen can say "SEE??? I TOLD YOU 90% OF US COULD WIN IN THAT THING!"

Paul Di Resta off the bench or Ant from the simulator room.

Not that I buy into the conspiracy stuff but you have to admit. Manufacturers and Driver's titles wrapped up and a high speed ovalish track and not driven by anyone and I don't care who you are, Romain's accident shook everyone particularly because of the fire. People still talk about Beerger's accident at Imola.

Still, I don't think Lewis' positive test is bogus. Who replaces him though will show whether Mercedes ia looking to the future (or just getting an adequate fill in to make sure Bottas gets second in the driver's points.

And which Nico are you all referring to? Hulk, Rosberg?

Nope. Like Russell said earlier when there was talk about him going to Mercedes. That would have to go through Claire, as he has a contract with Williams.
He is a Mercedes jr. but his current race contract is with Williams. Now, Mercedes can sweeten the deal with cheaper engines (or some other stuff cheaper), and there is enough of F2 drivers with SL/SL-points and backing to jump in to the Williams seat for one race as well.

But Williams must agree to it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back