Alright when was that again.....?

Don't really see how it could be Russell since he already has a team. Will likely be the Vandoorne since he is the contracted reserve driver... why have a reserve if you don't use them as a reserve? But personally I'd love to see the Hulk in a winning car, just for once.

wasn't Vandoorne a player and some our very early RD tournaments, Bram? I seem to remember being lapped by him ten years or so ago, I might just suffer from hazy memory, though ...

As Hindy always says Bram, a contract is but a piece of paper.

Stoffel Vandoorne should get the seat, otherwise what's the point of being the contracted reserve driver. However, he's the one I'm least interested in seeing get the drive - I'd really love to see George Russell get a crack at it. Hulkenberg after that, he did a super job stepping in on short notice for Racing Point and after all his years of missing out getting one more shot with the best car in the field would be cool.

All the stuff about whether it's Hamilton or the car... of course it's both. No question the car is a huge part of it, so is the team. How often does Mercedes mess up on strategy? Not much. Take any driver from any other car in the field and put them in a works Mercedes, and if they're not at least a solid top 5 without any glaring mistakes or issues they probably don't belong in F1. I do think Lewis overall is the best driver of his era - any given day he's as quick or quicker than anyone, he's very consistent, rarely makes mistakes, and is better at tire management than everyone else. But, if everyone had an equal car during the years he's been with Mercedes I don't think he'd have 7 titles and be looking at 100+ wins. I still think he'd be the most successful driver in that time, just not as dominant.

Hopefully he and Romain Grosjean have swift recoveries. That was one scary looking crash.

Could be Perez as well (as a good bye gift), and then NicoHulk in the Racing Point.

Since Perez goes out of F1 i doubt he will be interested to share the differences between the RP and the Merc, where NicoHulk and Russell have motives to do so.

Last edited:
images

Last edited:
Nico Hulkenberg as he has scored 10 points as a sub in the Racing Point car twice this year. And It is the copied airo from last years Mercedes. But i think a win is out of the question. But he should get it in the points.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.