All you get from fanatec is poor customer service!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This happened to my friends (three of them) and now me.

Friend A: Wheel base started making rattling noises and smell of burnt rubber could be smelt. He contacted Fanatec within its warranty.

• They tried to make him pay for shipping (which legally they should cover)
  • They tried to make him pay for repairs (which legally they should cover)
Friend B & C: Brought the new McLaren GT3 rim, both had software issues where they would have to press a button 2 or 3 times before it was read.

• They tried to make him pay for shipping (which legally they should cover)
  • They tried to make him pay for repairs (which legally they should cover)
  • They were very slow in responding.
Now the same is being done to me. I just warn everyone who is thinking of buying there new DDW do not do it. Get an OSW from simracing bay, they know what good customer service means. Besides, the OSW is better.

you have two exact same rims, one that has been used abuse and modified for use on a non Fanatec OSW base, and it has never given you any trouble
then you bought a second exact same rim, for light duty to occasionally use on your Fanatic base
and it broke in half?
are we seeing the credibility gap yet?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Upvote 0
Very suspicious after seeing @Andrew_WOT post.
Without seeing all the facts I would guess the OP probably mistreated the gear himself and trying to get a free replacement, I have Fanatec gear and although I agree their communication is very shoddy all I hear is people saying that they got their stuff fixed/replaced etc no issue, often outside warranty

Upvote 0
Okay I'm not taking sides here but piecing together details we can all examine.

tTvPJzT.jpg

It does appear the bent wheel could be the same one used on the OSW in the video. Both wheels have the same custom badge mod, and the OSW base side has been converted to accept unmodified Fanatec wheels. So the only actual modification to the rim is changing the badge.

https://www.simracingmachines.com/WebShop/custom-made-fanatec-conversion-kit

This eliminates the need to convert the Fanatec rim in any way from stock. Sure someone could own 2 identical Fanatec BMW rims, but there wouldn't technically be a need to own more than one in this scenario.

Really though the Fanatec BMW rim is completely capable in handling any OSW. The BMW rim is meant to be used on the upcoming Fanatec DD wheel base, so operating a BMW rim on an OSW is completely within the tolerance of the rim. So is the Fanatec rep saying the BMW rim shouldn't be used on a motor more powerful than a CSW 2.5?

Anyway I'm stopping short of pointing fingers as it's very easy to have bias on somewhat limited information and just pointing out details on what's been presented.

Upvote 0
hope you get it sorted op,but only have good things to say about fanatic.

currently using their very old csr forza wheel,it gets used almost every day on iracing or AC and ive had it about 4 years and bought it 2nd hand,ive gone thru 2 power packs in that time and the wheel has never missed a beat..same goes for the clubsport pedals.

would love a new wheel but this is still going strong and money doesn't grow on trees :)

Upvote 0
Okay I'm not taking sides here but piecing together details we can all examine.

tTvPJzT.jpg

It does appear the bent wheel could be the same one used on the OSW in the video. Both wheels have the same custom badge mod, and the OSW base side has been converted to accept unmodified Fanatec wheels. So the only actual modification to the rim is changing the badge.

https://www.simracingmachines.com/WebShop/custom-made-fanatec-conversion-kit

This eliminates the need to convert the Fanatec rim in any way from stock. Sure someone could own 2 identical Fanatec BMW rims, but there wouldn't technically be a need to own more than one in this scenario.

Really though the Fanatec BMW rim is completely capable in handling any OSW. The BMW rim is meant to be used on the upcoming Fanatec DD wheel base, so operating a BMW rim on an OSW is completely within the tolerance of the rim. So is the Fanatec rep saying the BMW rim shouldn't be used on a motor more powerful than a CSW 2.5?

Anyway I'm stopping short of pointing fingers as it's very easy to have bias on somewhat limited information and just pointing out details on what's been presented.

are you just bad at reading? The one in the video did NOT brake. I put the custom badge mod on all my wheels lol

Upvote 0
are you just bad at reading? The one in the video did NOT brake. I put the custom badge mod on all my wheels lol

Ha, I could say the same thing. I didn't say it's the same wheel rim I said it looks like the same wheel from the video and picture you posted along with fair reasoning. Sorry, it does look like the same wheel what more can I say.

But if you really want to quash doubt from the thread, record and post a video within the next few minutes showing both wheels next to each other. I'm pretty sure this will help with your warranty claim with Fanatec.

Upvote 0
Ha, I could say the same thing. I didn't say it's the same wheel rim I said it looks like the same wheel from the video and picture you posted along with fair reasoning. Sorry, it does look like the same wheel what more can I say.

But if you really want to quash doubt from the thread, record and post a video within the next few minutes showing both wheels next to each other. I'm pretty sure this will help with your warranty claim with Fanatec.

yea sure just let me get NO LIFE first, then I'll do this right away. Anyway i am taking legal action against them by claiming a retail dispute via my bank. I will have a forced full refund within a month. So GG to them.

Upvote 0
yea sure just let me get NO LIFE first, then I'll do this right away. Anyway i am taking legal action against them by claiming a retail dispute via my bank. I will have a forced full refund within a month. So GG to them.

No worries, just trying to help you out as some people have doubts about your credibility. You may be hating some of the support shown here, but remember you started this thread.

Upvote 0
The fact you still haven't shown us any evidence other than your words is very weird. And you going through your bank to get a refund just because you've done something wrong on your part, yes, I'm saying the fault is on your part, as you've failed to show evidence that would prove your credibility in this matter. You got something to hide? Just curious.

Upvote 0
Just an FYI that may have worked with the forum bought shifter against someone who couldn’t be bothered taking legal action but I can assure you, do that against a company and they will come and get you and find you guilty of fraud which you’d be looking at potentially 6 months jail time for a first offence.

Though if it’s something you’ve done a lot and they start looking into things, which they are obligated to do then you could really screw yourself if 6 months in prison doesn’t bother you, all for the sake of getting a few free things, it will catch up to you in the end.

Looking from the outside if you do indeed have two wheels which I find hard to believe given at no point did you provide any photos of two items in question or damage to the shifter but let’s assume you do for a minute and you had two shifters and wheels, who is to say you didn’t break your own originals and then buy replacements only to then claim they arrived broken or just mysteriously broke?

Now given I don’t have all the details I’m not going to accuse you definitely of anything other than say how it looks but I’m just making you aware of the path you could be heading down as credit card chargebacks the way you are using them is in fact fraud and bragging about it and getting defensive isn’t going to end well.

Upvote 0
Just an FYI that may have worked with the forum bought shifter against someone who couldn’t be bothered taking legal action but I can assure you, do that against a company and they will come and get you and find you guilty of fraud which you’d be looking at potentially 6 months jail time for a first offence.

Though if it’s something you’ve done a lot and they start looking into things, which they are obligated to do then you could really screw yourself if 6 months in prison doesn’t bother you, all for the sake of getting a few free things, it will catch up to you in the end.

Looking from the outside if you do indeed have two wheels which I find hard to believe given at no point did you provide any photos of two items in question or damage to the shifter but let’s assume you do for a minute and you had two shifters and wheels, who is to say you didn’t break your own originals and then buy replacements only to then claim they arrived broken or just mysteriously broke?

Now given I don’t have all the details I’m not going to accuse you definitely of anything other than say how it looks but I’m just making you aware of the path you could be heading down as credit card chargebacks the way you are using them is in fact fraud and bragging about it and getting defensive isn’t going to end well.
I'm intrigued now. What was the story with the forum-bought shifter?

Upvote 0
The fact you still haven't shown us any evidence other than your words is very weird. And you going through your bank to get a refund just because you've done something wrong on your part, yes, I'm saying the fault is on your part, as you've failed to show evidence that would prove your credibility in this matter. You got something to hide? Just curious.

You seem to miss understand the fact that its broken thus they must collect it and take the neccasary steps to find out what the issue is, which they do not want to do, and I have email evidence which I have shown to my bank. They said they are breaking warranty laws therefore they are launching a retail dispute against them and I will get my refund within a month if fanatec fail to proceed with the warranty. If you do not like it then blame the law.

Upvote 0
I'm intrigued now. What was the story with the forum-bought shifter?

Some guy sold me a damaged shifter I told him 3 times Ill post it back to him because I am not happy with the condition. He denied me the refund, therefore I forced the refund through, once again do not follow the rules, the bank will help you as long as you have the evidence, which I do. The bank does not follow the attitude of people on the forum who do not know trading laws.........nor will they follow fanatecs attitude..I told fanatec multiple times how the onus is on them. Citizens advice bureau have also got involved along with the bank, both parties are saying I will get a full refund within a month if fanatec do not apply to the warranty. But yea I am wrong, oh well GG I get my money back and sell the broken wheel for to a guy I know who wants it for parts for 100 pounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back