All you get from fanatec is poor customer service!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This happened to my friends (three of them) and now me.

Friend A: Wheel base started making rattling noises and smell of burnt rubber could be smelt. He contacted Fanatec within its warranty.

• They tried to make him pay for shipping (which legally they should cover)
  • They tried to make him pay for repairs (which legally they should cover)
Friend B & C: Brought the new McLaren GT3 rim, both had software issues where they would have to press a button 2 or 3 times before it was read.

• They tried to make him pay for shipping (which legally they should cover)
  • They tried to make him pay for repairs (which legally they should cover)
  • They were very slow in responding.
Now the same is being done to me. I just warn everyone who is thinking of buying there new DDW do not do it. Get an OSW from simracing bay, they know what good customer service means. Besides, the OSW is better.

Secondly once you have been issued with a refund that item is no longer your property meaning the act of selling it is in fact handling of stolen goods. Whilst it’s up to the seller/retailer to retrieve those goods (meaning either a prepaid label or refunding postage cost, not literally coming to your door) you cannot then sell that item unless they explicitly say you can keep it because they don’t want it.

That is actually severely incorrect in the case of a forced refund due to poor customer service.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Sim racers is a relatively small community and seems like you have already built reputation for yourself. Keep not caring. You are on my "not touch with ten foot pole" list as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
RE, did you send any photos of the damaged shifter to signman as evidence? I couldn't see any in the PMs you posted or in the separate complaint thread you started.

Upvote 0
I've always enjoyed these forums as it's very friendly place, it's a good bunch of mature minded hobbyists. If I thought someone was trying to abuse this trust and attempt to garner my support with spurious claims in order to get an unjust outcome, I'd feel quite insulted in their attempt to deceive me.

Say they then posted the link of that thread to the company using it as a way to pressure them.

"Hey look here 'Mr company' everyone one thinks you're terrible and I'm telling everybody not to buy your products in this respected forum community and they all agree with me, you better sort this out now".

Does anyone think someone would be that underhanded?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

He never asked for them because most probably he knew that it was true.
Shortly after shifter dispute
https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...er-fanatec-conversion-kit-simetik-rig.156527/
Capture1.JPG

img005.jpg

What are odds of that to happen? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Well I just joined it and it seems lawless, wheres the mods? My usual forum would of had this post locked by now
I thought you don't care. Hmm, just registered a few days ago. You are not RE posting proxy by any chance, grammar seems to match.

Upvote 0
@ricerracer ,

Take a look of the post regards this matter. Isn't it suspicious, that both the shifter(which was sold to (RE) as 2nd hand and was received with scratches, bends etc.), then to find it being sold on this forum later as bought from Ebay.. Now this mysterious 2nd BMW wheel is also bought from Ebay. I call BS.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back