All you get from fanatec is poor customer service!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This happened to my friends (three of them) and now me.

Friend A: Wheel base started making rattling noises and smell of burnt rubber could be smelt. He contacted Fanatec within its warranty.

• They tried to make him pay for shipping (which legally they should cover)
  • They tried to make him pay for repairs (which legally they should cover)
Friend B & C: Brought the new McLaren GT3 rim, both had software issues where they would have to press a button 2 or 3 times before it was read.

• They were very slow in responding.
Now the same is being done to me. I just warn everyone who is thinking of buying there new DDW do not do it. Get an OSW from simracing bay, they know what good customer service means. Besides, the OSW is better.

This happened to my friends (three of them) and now me.

Friend A: Wheel base started making rattling noises and smell of burnt rubber could be smelt. He contacted Fanatec within its warranty.

Friend B & C: Brought the new McLaren GT3 rim, both had software issues where they would have to press a button 2 or 3 times before it was read.

• They were very slow in responding.
Now the same is being done to me. I just warn everyone who is thinking of buying there new DDW do not do it. Get an OSW from simracing bay, they know what good customer service means. Besides, the OSW is better.
Hi @racingenthusiast , firstly let me address your impressions about our customer service. Support tickets are generally responded to within 24 hours. During busy periods this can go up to 48 hours, but we also have a live chat feature that is open for at least 10 hours every day, including weekends, and this is typically the fastest way to reach a support agent. We have a dedicated support team and service centres in every region we sell to.

Regarding your examples of other warranty claims, what you describe is highly irregular. For valid claims within the warranty period, shipping and repair costs are always covered. In some cases the team will need to check if there has been outside influence/misuse, which can affect the claim. Without knowing the details of the cases you describe, it is impossible for me to verify, nor would I want to discuss such details of other customers on a public forum.

In your case, the support team will assist you as best they can, but as it appears that you were using the wheel on an OSW, this is likely to affect your claim, as the BMW GT2 wheel is only intended for use with Fanatec products.

Upvote 0
OP, if you rant like this and don't even mention whether the units in question were under warranty or not, that's not very impressive.

I mean there is a good amount of Fanatec bashing that is justified (ask me about my pedals), but execution matter.

Upvote 0
Hi @racingenthusiast , firstly let me address your impressions about our customer service. Support tickets are generally responded to within 24 hours. During busy periods this can go up to 48 hours, but we also have a live chat feature that is open for at least 10 hours every day, including weekends, and this is typically the fastest way to reach a support agent. We have a dedicated support team and service centres in every region we sell to.

Regarding your examples of other warranty claims, what you describe is highly irregular. For valid claims within the warranty period, shipping and repair costs are always covered. In some cases the team will need to check if there has been outside influence/misuse, which can affect the claim. Without knowing the details of the cases you describe, it is impossible for me to verify, nor would I want to discuss such details of other customers on a public forum.

In your case, the support team will assist you as best they can, but as it appears that you were using the wheel on an OSW, this is likely to affect your claim, as the BMW GT2 wheel is only intended for use with Fanatec products.

Oh now your customers are liars? and who said anything about me using it on an OSW?! So burnt rubber bands and poor electronic build quality is also my friends fault(s)?

Upvote 0
Oh now your customers are liars? and who said anything about me using it on an OSW?! So burnt rubber bands and poor electronic build quality is also my friends fault(s)?
I'm not suggesting anyone is lying, only that the cases you describe are not typical examples of warranty claims. I am not permitted to discuss the details of other cases on a public forum to respect data protection guidelines. But as a general example, the belt of a ClubSport wheel base can be damaged if any changes are made to the tension, and this would not be covered under warranty.

You have multiple posts on this forum discussing the use of an OSW, along with a YouTube video attached to your profile showing the BMW rim being used with an OSW.

Also, I should point out that the modification you made to the wheel rim voids the warranty by itself, but I understand that our support team is in touch and they are looking into the possibility of assisting you after the unit has been assessed.

Upvote 0
I'm not suggesting anyone is lying, only that the cases you describe are not typical examples of warranty claims. I am not permitted to discuss the details of other cases on a public forum to respect data protection guidelines. But as a general example, the belt of a ClubSport wheel base can be damaged if any changes are made to the tension, and this would not be covered under warranty.

You have multiple posts on this forum discussing the use of an OSW, along with a YouTube video attached to your profile showing the BMW rim being used with an OSW.

Also, I should point out that the modification you made to the wheel rim voids the warranty by itself, but I understand that our support team is in touch and they are looking into the possibility of assisting you after the unit has been assessed.

You just blame customers for your own faults in an attempt to save money and its disgusting. The wheel broke under normal use so deal with it like a real company and help out your customer who spent lots of money. I have two wheel bases one fanatec and one OSW, and I have 2 bmw rims, one rim I brought from you the other I got from ebay which has already been modified for OSW use. I upgraded from fanatec to OSW and kept both, because some games do not run well on the OSW i.e. richard burns rally etc
Ever thought of that?

Upvote 0
Fanatec responds to thread, tries to offer assistance, get BASHED!
continues to offer assistance, that is just TERRIBLE customer service
after reading this thread, I am more inclined to buy from Fanatec, not less,
however I would be interested in hearing what your friend has to say about his belt issue first hand, so that Fanatec can respond directly, second hand hearsay information is not helpful, and from the pics in your other thread, it does not appear the rim broke due to normal usage,

Upvote 0
Fanatec responds to thread, tries to offer assistance, get BASHED!
continues to offer assistance, that is just TERRIBLE customer service
after reading this thread, I am more inclined to buy from Fanatec, not less,
however I would be interested in hearing what your friend has to say about his belt issue first hand, so that Fanatec can respond directly, second hand hearsay information is not helpful, and from the pics in your other thread, it does not appear the rim broke due to normal usage,

Yes they respond by blaming the customer and trying to make them pay for something the warranty should cover. Great service!

Upvote 0
My biggest concern regarding simracing bay's OSW is that they doesn't offer the least warranty. Should i rely on rumors about a good customer service?

On the other hand Fanatec seems to have a lot production quality issues. There are simply too many threads in so many forums where people complaining about problems with Fanatec hardware.

I am totally undecided. In this situation i will probably make the wrong decision when it comes to hardware upgrades.

Upvote 0
My biggest concern regarding simracing bay's OSW is that they doesn't offer the least warranty. Should i rely on rumors about a good customer service?

On the other hand Fanatec seems to have a lot production quality issues. There are simply too many threads in so many forums where people complaining about problems with Fanatec hardware.

I am totally undecided. In this situation i will probably make the wrong decision when it comes to hardware upgrades.

Simracing bay has amazing service, they dealt with me and all my online friends amazingly well. When my OSW was not working (turns out the wire leading to the motor was twisted) they sent a DHL pickup to my house, and even before they looked at it a new replacement was sent out to me. Then they emailed me saying that the wire was twisted and that I should try not to mount it so tightly.

IN addition the OSW is a proven beast, dont take my word for it, ask anyone that has one. Ask them if they ever had it blow up in their face, or break down. I am sure the answers will be no. Everyone vouches for that wheel, or you can go for a new unrpoven one with a history of previous dodgy products and poor customer service. Up to you.

Upvote 0
I never personally had a Fanatec product. There came a time when I had to choose between Fanatec or Thrustmaster when I needed to upgrade from the G27. So I did my research asked my friends/online friends who owned these products. Most said that both sides had reliability issues, but what stood out for me was that I was told Thrustmaster dealt with the issues really well whereas Fanatec was really hard to deal with.

Well I did further research on forums etc and I got told the same story, in the end I went with Thrustmaster and have had no regrets.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have the CS v3 pedals, the CS v1.5 shifter, and the CS v1.5 Handbrake. I've been using them every day since 2016, and they still work like the first day I bought them.
Have I just been lucky? Or does Fanatecs reputation suffer mainly because of their wheels?
Originally I wanted to upgrade to a Fanatec wheel, but they're very expensive, and in the end I chose a TM TS-PC Racer, which I'm very happy with, and which harmonizes very well with the Fanatec kit. Is my experience the exception, or the rule?

Upvote 0
This is a typical thread were unsatisfied customers bash a manufacturer for whatever reason, but usually due to not getting the service they feel they deserve.
The reason there are so many of these threads is because customers who don't have issues don't have a reason to rant all over the WWW, it's typical human behavior, in most cases, to spread hate after feeling hard done by and frustrated when things don't pan out as we hoped or planned. Sure it takes time for the warranty process to conclude and for the components or replacement to arrive from where ever there shipped from, but that's standard routine when buying over the web from another country in a global shopping precinct.

I have Fanatec gear, I had an issue with my F1 wheel, I reported the issue, Fanatec replaced the wheel asap. I then had a fan fail in my V2 base "out of warranty" Fanatec replaced it at no cost to me, they didn't have to, and I wasn't expecting it, but they did.

Upvote 0
This is a typical thread were unsatisfied customers bash a manufacturer for whatever reason, but usually due to not getting the service they feel they deserve.
The reason there are so many of these threads is because customers who don't have issues don't have a reason to rant all over the WWW, it's typical human behavior, in most cases, to spread hate after feeling hard done by and frustrated when things don't pan out as we hoped or planned. Sure it takes time for the warranty process to conclude and for the components or replacement to arrive from where ever there shipped from, but that's standard routine when buying over the web from another country in a global shopping precinct.

I have Fanatec gear, I had an issue with my F1 wheel, I reported the issue, Fanatec replaced the wheel asap. I then had a fan fail in my V2 base "out of warranty" Fanatec replaced it at no cost to me, they didn't have to, and I wasn't expecting it, but they did.
It is not even service I deserve, its service that is legally mine in accordance to the warranty

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back