All you get from fanatec is poor customer service!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This happened to my friends (three of them) and now me.

Friend A: Wheel base started making rattling noises and smell of burnt rubber could be smelt. He contacted Fanatec within its warranty.

• They tried to make him pay for shipping (which legally they should cover)
  • They tried to make him pay for repairs (which legally they should cover)
Friend B & C: Brought the new McLaren GT3 rim, both had software issues where they would have to press a button 2 or 3 times before it was read.

• They tried to make him pay for shipping (which legally they should cover)
  • They tried to make him pay for repairs (which legally they should cover)
  • They were very slow in responding.
Now the same is being done to me. I just warn everyone who is thinking of buying there new DDW do not do it. Get an OSW from simracing bay, they know what good customer service means. Besides, the OSW is better.

@Andrew_WOT ,

Like Jeremy Ford said, it just pisses me off, that RE was trying to gain sympathy and get a couple of users from the forum to bash on Fanatec.. Obviously that has now backfired on RE and now his attitude towards us are very childish to say the least..

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Taking advantage of the fellow simracer with the shifter irked me the most. Surprised it wasn't called out at that time.
If you don't care, may be you do not belong to this board either?
Something for mods to look into and give serious consideration, I guess.

Upvote 0
That is actually severely incorrect in the case of a forced refund due to poor customer service.
And what exactly have you seen that constitutes as poor customer service? Private sellers also don’t fall within the same bracket and actually if you look at the consumer rights act then you will see as long as the item is as described then there is no case, the only time there is for a used item is if the seller has lied about the condition.

In terms of the shifter it’s one persons word against another and since one of them posted a picture of the shifter before the sale with it looking in perfect order and the other refused and did not, looks very suspicious.

And since when is two working days a reasonable time front to expect a complete resolution and instigate a chargeback?!

Anyway like I said I don’t have all the facts so I can’t say definitively either way which is why I’ve just said what it looks like. The thing you need to understand though is that this kind of fraud is very prolific at the moment because banks and PayPal make it so easy to do and most places and people just can’t be bothered along with the fact in the case of private sellers most of the protection is buyer centric and it’s not made easy for sellers to prove otherwise.

One such case I know of was someone buying an item on eBay and then collecting it which of course PayPal then won’t cover as there is no proof of delivery (in such cases it’s even easier to game the system). Anyway the kid took it and then made a chargeback, unfortunately for him what then transpired was the seller had CCTV footage along with the persons details to get the police involved and locate them to press charges and retrieve their money. Turned out he wasn’t the only person he’d done that to and another person had travelled to his campus hunting for him with the intention of killing him as he had sold his stuff to pay for his wife’s cancer treatments...

Anyway I’m ducking out now as I’m really not that bothered, it’s more interesting than anything to see how this will turn out.

Upvote 0
And what exactly have you seen that constitutes as poor customer service? Private sellers also don’t fall within the same bracket and actually if you look at the consumer rights act then you will see as long as the item is as described then there is no case, the only time there is for a used item is if the seller has lied about the condition.

In terms of the shifter it’s one persons word against another and since one of them posted a picture of the shifter before the sale with it looking in perfect order and the other refused and did not, looks very suspicious.

And since when is two working days a reasonable time front to expect a complete resolution and instigate a chargeback?!

Anyway like I said I don’t have all the facts so I can’t say definitively either way which is why I’ve just said what it looks like. The thing you need to understand though is that this kind of fraud is very prolific at the moment because banks and PayPal make it so easy to do and most places and people just can’t be bothered along with the fact in the case of private sellers most of the protection is buyer centric and it’s not made easy for sellers to prove otherwise.

One such case I know of was someone buying an item on eBay and then collecting it which of course PayPal then won’t cover as there is no proof of delivery (in such cases it’s even easier to game the system). Anyway the kid took it and then made a chargeback, unfortunately for him what then transpired was the seller had CCTV footage along with the persons details to get the police involved and locate them to press charges and retrieve their money. Turned out he wasn’t the only person he’d done that to and another person had travelled to his campus hunting for him with the intention of killing him as he had sold his stuff to pay for his wife’s cancer treatments...

Anyway I’m ducking out now as I’m really not that bothered, it’s more interesting than anything to see how this will turn out.
You'll have to contact our resident legal expert over at isrtv, where he must post under a different username. He's been banned from here but I can't understand why from his post history. It must have been for a different reason that isn't immediately obvious, maybe a TOS breach or something. No idea what it could be.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

I thought you don't care. Hmm, just registered a few days ago. You are not RE posting proxy by any chance, grammar seems to match.
So, was I right or was I right?
Capture.JPG

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline