Cars Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ

It's called z-fighting, and is something that happens due to calculation/rounding inconsistencies. All you can do is leave more room between both meshes. On LOD_B and C I would just make a hole behind the numberplate to be extra sure

This is what I was thinking of, post #63 by Nonnex in this thread: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...ng-stuff-add-your-knowledge-here.19704/page-4

I missed the bit about clicking reorder in the editor and it's a countdown rather than a count-up, highest number first priority.

Though I was just testing it and I couldn't really see any difference with a bit of cockpit geometry that's clashing in one of my models, it could be that I'm doing something wrong :unsure::confused:

Can't speak to LeMans, but Spa is actually quite inaccurate. Surprising, given how just about all of the roads still exist in real life. Not sure how ISI got it so wrong, tbh.
Let's not confuse which disliked company got classic Spa wrong... SMS did the very inaccurate classic Spa.

Back on topic, yes, Z-fighting is a problem from a distance and cutting a hole in the body for those LODs that flicker is probably the best option.

After quite a bit of testing and looking at how Kunos does it on their cars, I've been able to reduce the z-fighting quite a bit. It's still there, but seems like it only happens when you can look really far and only from trackside cameras.

So I'm considering that 'fixed' for now. Time to finish the blurred rims and make a couple more skins for release.

After quite a bit of testing and looking at how Kunos does it on their cars, I've been able to reduce the z-fighting quite a bit. It's still there, but seems like it only happens when you can look really far and only from trackside cameras.

So I'm considering that 'fixed' for now. Time to finish the blurred rims and make a couple more skins for release.
I hope the template will be released with the mod... I love making classic car skins :D

Thank you BrianB for still keeping up the work! Time has been slim on my part, busy with my own 1966 Alfa aswell as house, kids and work as usual! You have done a splendid job and will love to take this for a spin, come releasetime!

Thanks again for taking on this massive work!

Sorry for the bit of silence lately, university has kept me busy. Now I have holiday so I will be aiming to get this car released sooner than later. I checked, and the 26th this month will mark the day that I've had this model for exactly a year. Would be cool to be able to release it that day. No promises though.

I've got the endurance lights in there, still have to set up materials and light settings.
YMMfbQq.png

I'm not at all familiar with animating in Max, so I hope I can actually make them a setup option.

One thing I was wondering was if the lights will still cast light using the night mod, even when the lights are 'off' in the setup. I don't have the mod and am not really thinking about getting it, so I can't test.

I hope the template will be released with the mod... I love making classic car skins :D

Of course they will be. Question is if anyone apart from me will be able to work with it :redface:
It was my 2nd or 3rd attempt at making one so there still are plenty of bits which are not nice to work with. Front and sides are pretty decent I think, but the doors aren't aligned that well and towards the rear it starts becoming a mess.
Despite these problems I don't really want to create a new one again since that would mean doing a lot of things over, which would delay release by months probably considering the speed I work at.
Thinking about it, I could also make a 3D template. Should be much easier than trying to align everything in 2D.

I checked, and the 26th this month will mark the day that I've had this model for exactly a year.
Don't worry about it, thats considered a very short period of time to wait for a car. I've trained them up around here to expect at least a 3 years from start to finish ;)

Mesh looks superb though, will be a treat to drive no doubt!

Don't worry about it, thats considered a very short period of time to wait for a car. I've trained them up around here to expect at least a 3 years from start to finish ;)
You are however required to contribute to several high quality paymod packs and release at least one Lego Hot Rod for people to be okay with 3 years waiting time ;)

Sorry for the bit of silence lately, university has kept me busy. Now I have holiday so I will be aiming to get this car released sooner than later. I checked, and the 26th this month will mark the day that I've had this model for exactly a year. Would be cool to be able to release it that day. No promises though.

I've got the endurance lights in there, still have to set up materials and light settings.
YMMfbQq.png

I'm not at all familiar with animating in Max, so I hope I can actually make them a setup option.

One thing I was wondering was if the lights will still cast light using the night mod, even when the lights are 'off' in the setup. I don't have the mod and am not really thinking about getting it, so I can't test.

Of course they will be. Question is if anyone apart from me will be able to work with it :redface:
It was my 2nd or 3rd attempt at making one so there still are plenty of bits which are not nice to work with. Front and sides are pretty decent I think, but the doors aren't aligned that well and towards the rear it starts becoming a mess.
Despite these problems I don't really want to create a new one again since that would mean doing a lot of things over, which would delay release by months probably considering the speed I work at.
Thinking about it, I could also make a 3D template. Should be much easier than trying to align everything in 2D.
Wow, looking good! So glad you managed to get the lights in. I don't know but my guess the lights will show when turned off in setup. Cars that have no lights or light covers (like the T70 Mk2) have headlights. If someone is running the car at nighttime then surely they will have them on. If you set them on as default maybe the AI will always run them to avoid problems there.

If you need someone to test the lights thing or to test the cars performance send me a PM, I'd be happy to help. I can do skins also but not the best quality, I did most of the skins for the T70 mod and test driving on a bunch of mods.

Alright, I received the final physics update and finally got around to setting the materials up for the lights.
Only thing left to do is make them a setup option and then I think everything's ready. I've got some commisions for skins which are taking priority right now though so can't really predict when I'm done.
Ad394sK.png

I don't know why but it made me so happy when it finally worked :D
I would prefer 0 = off, 1 = on, but hey, it works.
aIbUeed.png

Gonna implement the latest physics update, make sure everything works, check the logs for any errors which may be left over and then I will finally be able to release it :laugh:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back