Cars Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ

And the wait won't be long anymore :D
At least, if I don't find any new issues this week it won't be long ;)

esOzJUP.jpg

bmZv2tQ.jpg

cLj8Lt2.jpg

tfw during the preparations to release you realize the blurred rims aren't blurred :O_o:
Pretty stupid fail on my side which is gonna delay release slightly :redface:
Anyway, have some more picture spam :p

gpSpPXg.png

PZQrxWg.png

laMVMjx.png

NICitIy.png

WLAqvSX.png

Better to realise about your rims now, and not 1 hour after release ;) (which might be soon™?)

Looking awesome though :thumbsup: Does it make for great racing?

Best way to describe how it drives is like a slighty more responsive 250 GTO I think. It's on the edge of sliding all the time but thanks to the lower power and weight its a bit easier to handle.

Release would have been very soon™ but has been delayed back to soon™ thanks to these wheels.
My to-do only has a coupe of items left at this point:
- fix blurred wheels
- fix texture flickering on number plate in LOD
- improve the look of the front air inlet, either through AO or a texture
- improve setup screen, which is a little messy atm
- maybe create a couple more skins for the race version

So, I can't promise anything, but if real life doesn't keep me busy I should be able to get it done within a week, maybe two at most.

Sorry for wishlist but...

I don't know how hard it would be to do but it would be great if there was a setup option to have the vents open on the bonnet. I know @A3DR has used it a few times to have roof on/off and swap wing mirror styles. It would be even better if we could add/remove the extra lights as seen on the 1964 Le Mans car in setup as well.

A bit of onboard from the real thing:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/motorin...ving-a-classic-1963-Alfa-Romeo-Giulia-TZ.html

Youtube autotranslate has shed some light on the handling characteristics from this video:

"The pilot took his own car was spinning on board and then it was all beer"
also
"It is not a walking car but of a fireball to drive even with a bit of fur on the stomach"

^ I hope you can capture these handling characteristics correctly :roflmao:

Sorry for wishlist but...

I don't know how hard it would be to do but it would be great if there was a setup option to have the vents open on the bonnet. I know @A3DR has used it a few times to have roof on/off and swap wing mirror styles. It would be even better if we could add/remove the extra lights as seen on the 1964 Le Mans car in setup as well.

Underneath the vents nothing is modeled so unfortunately they are not an option. I do have the extra lights and I considered adding them through a setup option but I wasn't sure how it worked. I'll look into that again before I release it. :thumbsup:

Regarding the laptimes, I knew about Monza and Spa, didn't know about Bridgehampton. For Monza I believe they used the chicane before the 2nd banking. It's there in game so I tried it and laptimes matched quite well. A bit faster in game but of course I don't have the fear of dying when I make a mistake (which is easy to do). Will try Bridgehampton to see how that compares.

Underneath the vents nothing is modeled so unfortunately they are not an option. I do have the extra lights and I considered adding them through a setup option but I wasn't sure how it worked. I'll look into that again before I release it. :thumbsup:

Regarding the laptimes, I knew about Monza and Spa, didn't know about Bridgehampton. For Monza I believe they used the chicane before the 2nd banking. It's there in game so I tried it and laptimes matched quite well. A bit faster in game but of course I don't have the fear of dying when I make a mistake (which is easy to do). Will try Bridgehampton to see how that compares.
Oh yeah those 1000km Monza times aren't much good then. These times look like they should be on the road course we have:
http://www.racingsportscars.com/results/laps/Monza-1964-12-08-12834.html

There is also the rF2 Spa track that is floating about and Le Grand Circuit for classic Le Mans but I dont know how accurate they are.

There is also the rF2 Spa track that is floating about and Le Grand Circuit for classic Le Mans but I dont know how accurate they are.

Can't speak to LeMans, but Spa is actually quite inaccurate. Surprising, given how just about all of the roads still exist in real life. Not sure how ISI got it so wrong, tbh.

So.. Changed the air inlet on the front, now has a mesh in front of it. Still have to get used to the look but I think it's an improvement.
Blurred rims almost done, only need to find a nice solution for the bolts. I think they're too big to do with a normal map.
Setup screen is fixed so thats off the list as well.

Quick screen to show front and rim blur:
PVzAb7O.png

One issue I can't seem to solve is flickering on the number plate on the rear. I believe it starts happening somewhere between LOD B and C. I tried moving it out a bit so there is a couple more mm room between objects, even removed part of an object, but it keeps flickering.
Can be seen here:
f8OmfW6.png

Does anyone have any other ideas why it might be flickering? DDS format? Game issue? Shader setting?

Does anyone have any other ideas why it might be flickering? DDS format? Game issue? Shader setting?

I think that's a game engine issue: as I understand it when you have two objects quite close together the engine can't decide which one to render first when they're in the distance, so it renders them both together. You can set priorities in the kseditor 'Scene' tab to sort it out, I THINK you set it like a count, so priority 0 objects get rendered first, then 1, then 2, and so on.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back