Featured Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Assetto Corsa Sneak Preview

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Paul Jeffrey, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,492
    And the fact you said "still higher chance to drive hyuara then BTCC race car, or DTM or F1" you didn't even mention the Alfa...people need to read thread properly :roflmao:

• Haha Haha x 1
  2. Gergo Panker

Gergo Panker
    pankykapus Premium

Ratings:
    +468
    Technically might be true, but for the average Joe it's very close to 0 for both, even a relatively accessible car such as the Giulia is hard to access, let alone drive, by most people, which is why any esteemed car is a viable addition to a sim for people to experience.

Personal preferences are different though, there were just as many unhappy people from the road car mob the last time around. :) Oh and remember when we put that F1 car in a pack? Suddenly it's not so bad, eh? :p

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Torcano

Torcano
    Premium

Ratings:
    +543
    I may have a relatively higher chance of dying from a shark attack than in a plane crash. It does not mean that I should totally avoid getting into the sea at any cost and deny myself from enjoying a lovely swim, because the absolute chances of me kicking the bucket via either of scenarios are frickin next to zero. LOL. :roflmao:

What a completely pointless discussion tbh going on over here about some random hypothetical scenario of "If I have all the money in the world". If that line of thought were true, nobody would be asking to include their daily drivers in the sim like they do every single day because "they already own it IRL". In the end we are all plebs without infinite monies that look to sims as an avenue for automotive escapism and fun, be it street or race car related shenanigans. :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,427
    heh, I did drove Guilia Quatrofolilo in real life :p although not on race track, yeah I know no matter what people will be complaining, but that's also my point, .. why shouldn't they? just becasue it's free?

one of the great things about AC is that if you don't like car or track, you can simply delete it !

5. Cheesenium

Cheesenium

Ratings:
    +29
    Agreed, I love this feature as I can always delete off cars that I dont like from the game to save some space.

6. Radu Oros

Radu Oros

Ratings:
    +404
    I think is disrespectful to the work people put to do that.

People should always complain? Instead of promoting that you could promote reasonable complaining since most I've seen in these type of threads are people only wanting a game that suits them without thinking that others enjoy it differently, with other types of cars and possibly other types of tracks (like road track mods). Although many who like road cars like to use them on race tracks.

So saying that you (not you Patrik specifically) want AC to only have race cars is insensitive complaining towards players that besides race cars, also enjoy road cars. Devs try to offer different things for different players. Complaining against that is quite like just thinking about your belly button. Sim racing unfortunately has too many vocal people doing just that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. ALB123

ALB123

Ratings:
    +385
    I can remember reading a post a few months back... I can't remember if it was here or the official Kunos forums, but some person was going bonkers, "How dare Kunos install XXX!!" XXX = one of the free SUV's if I remember correctly. It didn't cost him anything. He knew that. He was aware that he could just play without ever selecting the SUV. Nope. He wanted this off his system. This wasn't a HDD/SSD space issue either. :rolleyes:

8. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,427
    complaining fuels progress!!! lot of the additions to AC were done due people complaining and finding work arounds ( like weather)

9. Radu Oros

Radu Oros

Ratings:
    +404
    What progress will the game achieve by complaining about the addition of road cars? So Patrik, if you're going to promote complaining, at least don't promote selfish complaining. Since is selfish to tell the devs to not included cars others enjoy only because you don't.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Gergo Panker

Gergo Panker
    pankykapus Premium

Ratings:
    +468
    True with features, but not much use with content that has been announced, made, sealed and decided to be made available (for free). :) Not sure how complaining about something that's been known and requires no extra effort or money from the user side could potentially improve anything.
    Content is always difficult though, because you can't have cars that are right or wrong. There'll always be someone who likes a certain car and someone else who'll be completely indifferent (hate I cannot fathom though...).
    Nothing personal against anyone, but I have to agree that it's a somewhat selfish sentiment. Assuming the complaint is noteworthy for the devs implies that this opinion is somehow more valuable than how other people might view it. Again, bugs and features are a different thing, but with content there's no "right" or "wrong" group of people to listen to, IMO.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Beer Beer x 1
  11. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,427
    well if I wanna nit pick, in my "people will always complain" it was not necessarily saying only about cars but yeah, no point progressing in this convo, have better things to do

for the record, I'm not complaining about the free content, I will just not use cars I don't like, same like I'm not using many that's already in AC,
    but if the "would like more race cars" is understood as complaining, I suppose I will keep doing this here or there, .. if something is your racing simulator, I would expect race cars in there :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ALB123

ALB123

Ratings:
    +385
    There have been several DLC packs that contained cars I had absolutely ZERO interest in. Once the DLC was installed, however, I would at least try the vehicle to see what it feels like. If I had to put a number on it, 95% of them ended up being cars I was totally fine with. A couple I ended up really liking.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1